Mr. Rogers' Research - Cover

Mr. Rogers' Research

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Chapter 49

“Will he really come for us?” Janet asked me.

“I have absolutely no idea. I expect he will come for me, when Mikah and I take a walk. It’s when I’m most vulnerable. Even so, I expect him to wait. He has nothing to lose by waiting and nothing to gain by coming for me now. Especailly with my bad ass bodyguard here.

I thought a couple of minutes then said. “You did a lot of things right and you were damn lucky a couple of times. One of the right things was to be super aggressive. One of the lucky things was he didn’t respect you. He couldn’t believe you would attack him so quickly. That MMA shit worked well for you. I was proud of you. Once you had him stunned you went in for the ‘fuck him up’ attack. I guess your instructor taught you to ‘make your opponent bleed’. It will either put him out of the fight, or it will just piss him off, luckily you got his pistol.”

“Did you really mean, that you would kill hammer on sight?” she asked.

“I made that stupid remark, when he was under the gun. What I really should have done was take the thugs gun, then killed him right there. I could have faked the gunman’s suicide.” I said.

“So, next time you will get it right,” Janet said.

“If I get it right, I’ll have the Super Pimp kill him,” I said.

Janet got out of bed and wrote all night while I slept all night. At six in the morning I stepped into the bathroom and heard her computer beeping. She looked exhausted, but she didn’t want to sleep. She wanted to walk with me.

“Do you really want to walk with us,” I asked.

“Fucking A, If that prick comes for us, two guns are better than one,” she said.

“Well I have to take some pills, and drink some milk. Do you want anything?” I asked.

“I’ll have whatever you are having,” she said with a smile.

“Okay, but I warn you, it’s some pretty awful shit.,” I said as I made a double batch of hot chocolate. Then gave her a cup and a bran muffin. When she finish with her muffin, I said, “Get dressed, we are leaving very quickly.”

Before we went out of the door. I called up my video camera on line. Since there was nothing out of the ordinary, we walked away quickly. I wore the pedometer as I wove around the neighborhood. Might as well make it as difficult possible for anyone planning to follow us, I thought.

When we got home Janet went to make a big pot of coffee for herself. I drank one cup then switched to iced tea. I was still working on my first glass of iced of tea, when my burner phone buzzed.

“I been expecting this?” I said into the phone.

“Well Hammer says, he is going to kill you,” Gray said “I told him trying that was a really, really bad idea.”

“I do hope he listens to you,” I suggested with a laugh.

“Me too, bye the bye was the nasty slut he talked about really the same Janet from when we tried to keep the commissar alive?” Gray asked.

“One in the same, but she is version 2.0,” I said with a laugh.

“How did she get so bad in only three months?” he asked.

“She was always that bad. She just needed to release her dangerous bitch side,” I replied seriously.

“I was able to talk The Hammer into a truce. He needs you to continue.” Gray said.

“Well he needs you to not allow me kill him,” I said. “I also need you to explain that if I want to I can set him up for the Super Pimp.”

“Yeah, I kind of told him that. He is going to leave you alone. You will remain the contact for him, but you will no longer meet. You will make brush passes, and dead drops. You will have no other direct contact with each other.”

“Gray this is so clumsy, it’s begging to break the chain of evidence,” I guessed.

“Yeah, it is. But what do you care,” he suggested. “He has also set up a drop for you in Richmond Va. Tomorrow if you are willing to risk it.”

“Oh I am, if you tell him I have a double dead man’s switch. It’s linked to my own information drop to Super Pimp. Explain to him that I wouldn’t mind seeing a whore war.”

“So are you bringing the ‘Bad Ass Bitch’ along?” he asked.

“Only, if she wants to spend another boring day with an old man,” I replied.

“Well do you want me to be there with a sniper rifle. It’s part of the job to protect a source.” he said. “It’s called the save a rat program.”

“If you are bored tomorrow, and have nothing else to do, sure why not,” I replied. “I can make the delivery to you as well. That one has to be more public though. I’m damn sure Hammer wants me to be seen, so he can get a pic for Super Pimp for his own dead man switch.”

“Man you got balls the size of golf carts,” Gray said.

“Well if you are good at your job, we wont be seen,” I said ending the conversation.

After I broke the connection I asked, “Janet do you want to ride to Richmond Va. tomorrow?”

“You bet your skinny ass I do,” she said.

“Well, we need to drive there to find a place to walk tomorrow. I want to stake out a park for part two of our little job,” I suggested,

“Why don’t we go up and stay there overnight, we can look over the drop site?” she inquired.

“We won’t know the site till an hour before we go. But not having to drive up the same day sounds good to me,” I agreed.

“Since we aren’t on the run, can we stay in a nice Highway Hotel?” Janet asked.

“Absolutely,” I replied. “We can pick up the package then drive it across town and deliver it to our pickup man, who is also our sniper. We just have to do a double blind delivery.”

“What is a double blind delivery,” she asked.

One blind is where we save the man making the drop. The double part is where we save my ass,” I replied. It was serious business, but I we did smile while I said it.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.