Mr. Rogers' Research - Cover

Mr. Rogers' Research

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Chapter 41

I spent my forth night alone in Mississippi inside a small town in the northern part. It was the closest small town I could find with an indecent motel located north of Jackson Mississippi. I did enough scouting in the Jackson area during my two day additional stay in the small town of Brandon to know I needed to be out of the metro areas.

On day five I drove to Friar’s Point Ms. It was a tiny town located a stone’s throw from the Mighty Mississippi river. The town was too small to have a motel of any kind. They did have a diner nearby, so I did my research. I asked the owner/manager. He gave me the name and location of a fishing camp located along the Mississippi river. Well it was located at Friars Point, but it sat a few yards back from the river so outside the city limits.

After my lunch of a burger and fries, I went looking for a restaurant with WIFI to check my email. I found a McDonalds In Clarksdale Mississippi. Clarksdale was located a few miles inland from the Mississippi river. I found a few messages in my three different emails. Each of the three different accounts was set up for different purposes. One was set up in a shell company’s name on a free email site. It was only used by Thia.

‘Merry Christmas Dad. All is well on the home front. Thia’

The second Email was open to Gray and Tonya only. There were two messages. Tonya forwarded a message about Jenny’s script. I skimmed it. The gist of the long email was they wanted me to contact them as soon as it was safe to do so.

Grays message was simple and clean. ‘All is forgiven call, or come home. We found the bond fire site. Np there.’

I had dinner at the McDonalds then drove to Friars Point and found the owner of the fisherman’s camp site. She had a small travel trailer for rent. Her summer rate was a hundred and fifty bucks a week. In the month of January, it was a flat one hundred bucks, so I took it for a week. The week would give me time to consider what I wanted to do about the all clear message.

I felt that I might be clear with the FBI, but the Mob could still be planning my demise. After all I was the one who turned the commissioner. I also did not have the cover of being an FBI agent. I decided to lie low a while longer, but at least I could stop running. The mob would only find me, if the FBI leaked my address. They could not get it to leak, unless they were actively tracking me.

I fell in love with Friars Point when after the end of the first week no one had been to my travel trailer. No one had called my dark cell phone, or the newer prepaid one. The only messages on the dark cell phone were from gray. He called and left text messages that said the FBI wanted to talk to me about future work. It seemed they liked the idea of being able to use a cutout man for high profile snitches. I just let that idea cook for the whole week while I was on vacation.

I could spend the whole day sitting on the small floating boat dock, while drinking coffee and watching the small amount of traffic that made it up the river as far as Friars Point. If the fish camp had WIFI and Cable TV, I might stay right there forever, I told myself. I doubted I could really manage that.

I moved between Friars Point and Clarksdale at least once a day, so that I could check my email. The Accent was holding up quite well. I even found an old style service station with a lift and a mechanic who rented the garage part. He replaced the thermostat, which I bought and took in with me. It was my way of shortening the wait time. Of course the waiting wasn’t too bad since the convenience store and gas sales part of the station had a huge bulletin board. I did love that since it was all jumbled up. There were no organized sections, just a big confused mess.

There were cars for sale, next to carpenters, next to roofers. It was a neat thing to read while I waited for the car to be repaired. I saw an advertisement of a ‘small house barge’ for sale. It was a 30 foot long and eight foot wide steel pontoon barge. It was being sold by Mitch’s ‘hitch a ride’ boat delivery service. The number proved to be for a business a hundred miles north of me on the Mississippi River. He told me there would be a hundred dollar delivery fee tacked onto the ten grand sales cost. It did not come with a trailer Mitch informed me. Since I was driving the Hyundai subcompact, I had no way to get a trailer home let alone the boat and trailer.

“You do know you need to arrange a mooring spot, before you buy this thing?” Mitch asked.

“No frankly I don’t no shit about living on a house boat,” I said.

“Check google for information before you jump into it,” he said.

“Sounds like excellent advice, thank you I will,” I replied.

Since the mechanic had the Accent ready to roll, I checked out. After paying my bill I drove away and forgot about the house boat thing. I tried to for sure, but it nagged at me.

When I got back to he fishing camp, I asked the lady who owned and operated it about mooring fees. She told me I would be better off rent a spot on one of the inlets like the one on the back side of her property. She explained how her slips tied down the houseboats.

“You know your week for the trailer is up on Tuesday. How about I rent you a house boat for the next week. Then you can get a feel for it,” she suggested.

“I don’t know what are we talking about cost wise?” I asked.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.