Mr. Rogers' Research - Cover

Mr. Rogers' Research

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Chapter 17

As I was expecting the lobby was filled with people wanting to interview us. “No interviews until we talk to our lawyer,” I said. In the elevator, like always, I looked at my messages. Instead of the one or two I usually had, there were fourteen.

I started with Thia. “Hello hon.” I spoke into the phone.

“Daddy what the hell are you doing up there. Do you need me?” she demanded.

“I’m fine, and no I don’t need any backup. The truth is Jon needs you more than me. This maybe the big leagues,” I said seriously.

“Then you do need me,” she said. “If for no other reason than to stop the bleeding.”

“Do you think I care if they bleed to death?” I asked. “As for the other, I don’t plan to be the one doing the bleeding.”

“Nobody ever plans to be the one,” she said. “You are right though, I need to be here for Jon. He is going through some shit now. We can discuss it when you get home. When do you think that will be.”

“Probably next week, if I’m lucky,” I stated.

“One more thing, before you we are finished. Who the fuck is that skinny ass blond who holds a pistol like a girl?” Thia asked with a laugh.

“That dear is my boss, and my supervising partner on this one,” I explained.

“Now I know I’m not coming up there,” she said. “I know it’s not going to do any good to say this, but be careful.”

“Or shoot faster then the other guy,” I said with a laugh.

“That to, love you daddy,” she said.

The next was a text message from the Geek. ‘Do I still have a job.’

‘fukin A. Check hospital ER admissions for that time. Broken nose and collar bone. Then go backwards get it all.’

The next one was from Mica. I sent a text to her as well. “Thanks for the offer, but the local PD is doing body guard duty for me at the moment.’

I was surprised by the number of offers for help. It was heart warming. Of course there was one from Thia’s former girlfriend and our lawyer. I answered hers with the same short message.

I text-ed everyone else with simple ‘Thanks, but I’m fine. Just busy as hell.’

When we got to the door to our suite the three piece suit was looking out the hall window over the parking lot while making a phone call. I put my finger to my lips for silence from Tonya as we entered the apartment. I went directly to my bedroom to take a shower. I put on clean underwear after my shower. I also put on my last clean pair of jeans. I’m not above wearing a pair of jeans more than once, but I figured it was my chance to get a new pair of jeans on the company’s credit card. I made a mental note to tell Tonya it was time for a Walmart run.

I heard the knock on the entrance door while I was struggling into a clean tee shirt. I went outside to the main room as soon as I had my shoes on.

Tonya and three piece suit were waiting for me there. She was still in her hiking outfit, but he looked cool and collected. He offered me his hand then said, “Amos Blackwater,” he said. “and I’ve heard all the jokes.”

“Okay, so who the fuck are you with? Before I ask you to leave,” I said.

Instead of answering Tonya gave me his card. It identified him as Assistant DA Blackwater for the district of Richmond including Henrico and Chesterfied counties.

“That’s a lot of shit to get on one small business card. So whats so important that you needed to come here for me to tell you that I’m saying nothing until our lawyer arrives,” I repeated for the thirty fifth time. Yes the number is was only an estimate.

“I understand that it is a company lawyer representing you. It might be best for you two personally, if you listen to our offer.”

“Rather than waste your time going through all the bullshit, as to how we got where we are, what do you want me to plead to?”

“Misdemeanor assault,” he said. “A recommendation for probation.” You do know that the lawyer is going to want a lot of publicity to get a similar judgment.

“Ah but if I plead we lose all the fun of a trial. Unless you have a thug friendly judge, I’ll either walk or get the same deal. So thanks, but no thanks.”

“Do you agree Tonya?” he asked.

Yes I noted he called her by her first name. Hell I didn’t even remember her last name, so I wasn’t shocked.

“I’m waiting for the company lawyer,” she said. “But thanks for stopping by Mr. Blackwater.”

“And Amos, bring the Kinkfish with you next time. I’m a big fan of 1950’s TV.” Strange but he didn’t even smile. He probably didn’t know who that was. The show was no doubt banned from the official history of Television.

“Get dressed Skinny Blond Chick,” I suggested. “We need to go make a non statement to the press. And no you can not have an hour to get ready.”

Thirty minutes later I was speaking to the two reporter left downstairs. “I have only one thing to say. While our attorney negotiates with the Richmond district attorney’s office, I can only say that the tapes speak for themselves. The good the bad and the ugly, it’s all in there. Thanks you.” I turned and walked away.

“I would like to say that our actions in no way reflect on the production company, or the Wilmington Artist Cooperative Production Studio. Thank you.” Tonya said.

“I’m going to ask you again why didn’t you take the deal?” Tonya asked in the elevator headed back upstairs.

“It wasn’t the best deal I would get. You are going to be fine, you work for the production company. I’m at best a contract employee nothing I say or do will come back on them unless I make it come back on them,” I said.

“That’s why we need to change the focus of the show to our investigation,” she demanded.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.