Mr. Rogers' Research - Cover

Mr. Rogers' Research

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Chapter 8

Both of the women were all tramped out, so they got a lot of looks from the horny old men. I have to admit that I agreed, they did look good. It didn’t take long to figure out who the head of Martin and Eve’s couple was. My informed guess was that it was Eve. She ordered for both herself and her husband. She did allow him to tell stories about meeting several celebrities while hosting shows in Nashville’s several musical venues.

I admit that Jenny was more thrilled than me, but I was impressed. I was more interested in Eve as a possible TV character. The more I studied her the more I saw the possibility that she could be our killer.

Ralph and Ester were easy kills, but why Sharon and Amy. It could be just simply they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or it could have been planned as a ruse to lead investigators to draw false conclusions. The killer might have hoped for an easy ‘the baby daddy did it conviction type conviction. The killer couldn’t know that Lester had an alibi. The more I turned it in my mind the more it came up Eve, or Eve and Martin.

The motive would have been simple, Money. She likely hoped that the cops wouldn’t link Ralph to the weed business. They did of course causing the business to shut down for a while. When it came back it would be in the hands of the killer, or killers.

I came to that theory during my wait for dinner to be served. The others were eating salads or soup. I always chose to skip that part of my meal. When I did that, I had nothing for do for several minutes but to work out a theory based on my circular ‘what if thoughts’.

Eve knew about police work and she knew the local and state police investigators. Her moral were also loose which help when she tried to insinuate herself into the investigation. Best of all she would spin a yarn as good as me. Drop a hint here and there to move the investigation in a direction convenient for her. Assuming my theory was right, how would I prove it. I had already more or less shared the whole layout of evidence with Jenny.

Without proof of some kind odds were it would just be a theory never proven, which was fine except our story would be better if we came up with the killer. I had absolutely no confidence in Jenny and me being able to trick Eve into telling us about the killing. I had no expectations of forensic evidence in this case. Eve knew things were damaging, and she had plenty of time to re-stage the crime scene to benefit her. There could be another master manipulator but my money was definitely on Eve and/or her husband.

If she had planned to take over Ralph’s budding empire she would need to get started on it. She should be recruiting, I thought. Where would she find someone to do Ralph’s job, leaving her to be just management and sales. That I could see her doing.

So the drug dealer she brought down to see me and Jenny could be going to handle the details. Hell how did I know that he was than an actor for Eve. Since I sent him an image of the supposed drug dealer, the geek should know his true identity very soon. It was just a matter of keeping my mouth shut until I heard back from the geek.

The dinner had actually been interesting. Between Martin’s celebrity stories and Eve’s real life local stories, I stayed interested. I looked at Jenny, then suggested that we rent a hotel room in Nashville. They had all been drinking hard and I had been pretend drinking.

“We can put one room one room with two beds so no one has to drive while intoxicated,” I suggested. “I would for one of us to wind up killing or being killed trying to get home.”

“What do you say Jenny?” Martin asked. He obviously hadn’t heard about her Pink Kitty Club adventure.

“That will be fine. Ed is so old he is harmless,” she said. With a wink to Eve. That might or might not have meant anything between the girls.

“So how do you feel about it?” I asked Martin point blank.

“It’s up to Evie,” he said ignoring me.

“I think it might be interesting. We can get at least a couple of hour sleep before we head home,” she replied.

Jenny went over to the desk after she paid for dinner with the company credit card. She managed to secure a room on the top floor with a skyline view of the town. It also had two queen sized beds. I left the sleeping arrangements to Eve and Jenny. At least for the beginning round.

“Jenny and I shared a bed at first. She and I cuddled, then there was a lot of touchy feely for a while. While I did that Jenny moaned. I had no idea whether they were real or not, but her moans gave me an erection, so it didn’t matter. Eve came over to join us after a short time. I was amazed I could perform under so much pressure.

Eve whispered something to Jenny and then Jenny move to the bed with Martin. The whole thing was strange but also exciting. Eve and I spent a while wrapped up in each other then, she broke away to join Jenny in bed with Martin. I was left out but I could see what was going in by the bathroom light leaking from the cracked door. A lot of the time was occupied by the two women engaged in several loving sex acts. Of course a couple of them were pure lust. Those had nothing to do with love. I ended up in bed with Jenny and I could remember vividly how we had made love. I assured myself that it was just business. I was sure that we could go back to just being friends.

The four of us ended up at 10AM having pancakes in a highway all day breakfast diner. Martin was a much fast driver than Eve. I was thankful for that, since it gave me time to bring Eve up to date on our inquiry. Since I had impressed on him that I was winding down, the geek should call some time over the weekend.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.