Mr. Rogers' Research
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

After the dope dealers left the room, I asked Eve. “Do you believe him?”

“75% chance he is telling the truth, and a 25% chance he just wanted to meet you,” she said. “He might have wanted to see if you planned to take over Ralph Greens business.”

“Then we can not count him out, but I would suggest we not actively pursue him again. At least not without a hard lead,” I said. That was for Eve, just in case she was working for the Big Man, or she might be just looking for a favor.” I explained to Jenny later.

“She might be a reporter just looking for a story,” Jenny suggested.

“Did you hear her asking anything pertinent to the investigation?” I asked.

Jenny shook her head. “So she did it just to get laid?” Jenny asked.

“I wish. No, I think she wanted to see if hanging out with us was worth her while,” I suggested.

“So what did she decide,” Jenny asked.

“Who the fuck knows,” I asked no one. That was just before the land line in the motel rang.

“Come to the Pink Pussie alone now,” Eve’s voice demanded just before the line went to dial tone.

“I got to run’ I said to Jenny. “Sorry you weren’t invited.”

“Now we know,” she said irritated.

“Circumstantial evidence,” I said. I slipped the baton and the .38 in my pocket. “Go to your room and lock the door. Don’t open the door to anyone except me, period.”

I walked across the parking lot and into the pink kitty club. There were ten customers inside. Yes I counted them. That did not include Eve. I saw her sitting alone at the bar, so I walked over and took the seat beside her.

“I’m shocked that one of this beer joint johns, isn’t hitting on you,” I said.

“I told the bartender that I was waiting for you. She spread the word. Your reputation spreads like a California wildfire. Nobody even offered to buy me a drink, let alone offer me $50 for a blow job,” she said.

“Okay you convinced me you have your finger on the pulse of Woodbury. So tell me what’s next?,” I demanded.

“Next you take me back to your room and fuck the shit out of me,” she said with a smile.

“That sounds just a little too dangerous to me. If I can’t get it up, you might pop a cap in my ass,” I said.

“I promise this is not an ambush,” she suggested with a grin. “Then let me finish my coke before we leave.” I took a good look at the good old boys sitting around drinking beer and looking at the dancers. The very pale redhead was still dancing when we left. She was not especially well built. She looked a lot like the girl next door. I couldn’t imagine paying my next door neighbor to take off her clothes.

“Okay Eve, whats your husband going to say when he finds out?” I asked.

“You should have called so I could watch,” she said.

“That kind of shit is not for grownups,” I replied.

“That’s why I’m not going to call him,” she said standing to walk away.

I was pretty sure the Eve liked to be watched. Why else would she suggested we invite Jenny to join us.

“Bad idea,” I said pulling her tee over her head. Since she was middle-age she wore a strong bra. Without it her breasts sagged more than a little. With it she looked very sexy. Proving again that to seem, not to be, was more important than reality in some cases. I found Eve to be a little disappointing. The promise was that she would be enthusiastic. The reality was that the sex was more rehearsed than spontaneous. Making it appear more like acting than spontaneous. Which took something away from it. Of course I enjoyed it, but it left me thinking of the Carole King song. Is that all there is?”

I felt like I might be the clown she had conjured up. Seriously I felt like I had been used first for information, and then as her breathing vibrator. Yes it was a shared experience, but I still felt cheap and used. I laughed at that thought. Men don’t mind being used, I reminded myself.

Of course the married Eve didn’t spend the night. After she left, I fell into a deep sleep. I was truly exhausted. I slept until six so I dressed in my hiking rags and struggled out of the room. I made it to the lobby where I poured a cup of coffee into my small thermos. But only after swallowing a couple of generic arthritis strength Tylenol. Then I walked off with my pedometer. The plan was to walk and measure a half a mile, then reverse course and walk back.

When I made the turn into the residential neighborhood I found that it was trash day in the hood. I found a pile of trash in front of an empty house. I spotted a plastic broom. I knew from experience that the handle was too flimsy to be any support. That morning I really needed the support, so I struggled on with my hike.

When I returned to my room, I spent a lot more time under the hot shower than the motel owner would have liked. I stayed flexible long enough to dress for the day. I had learned a valuable lesson yet again. I needed to walk to stay flexible, but I also needed a walking stick at times to manage it. It was obvious that I was not getting a lot better. Just before I decided to eat the Colt, Jenny knocked on the door.

“So how was Eve?” she asked when she noticed that I was not smiling like a love sick idiot.

“Eve was a reminder that I am not thirty five years old any more,” I lamented.

“Well I guess it happens to everyone. I’m sure it will happen to me eventually,” she said.

“I doubt it. Since all you do as a woman is lay there,” I suggested with a big smile.

“Bastard,” she said. “You will never know that for sure.”

“That was a ‘women in general’ observation,” I said.

“Never ever generalize about how women are in bed. You will always be wrong,” she observed. She waited a few seconds then added, “?So what’s on for today?”

“We need a white board,” I said.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.