Mr. Rogers' Research - Cover

Mr. Rogers' Research

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Chapter 4

Before I asked about the Green clan, I struck up a conversation with the bartender about the town. I learned about the small rural police force, and even where the police station was located. I learned that there were no detectives as such employed by the town. They were mostly the shift supervisors who just managed the cases on the local level.

Once the neighbor discovered the Green clan, the patrol officer took one look, then went outside and threw up. He called the shift supervisor who immediately called the state police. They came out to run the crime scene, and the evidence collection. Then came the arduous task of eliminating the contaminated evidence. Most of that I knew from experience not from the bartender.

When I asked if She knew Sharon Green she answered, “In a town this size, everyone knows everyone else. So yes, we are so close I can tell you her bra size.”

“Was she the mother of the two year old little girl?” I asked.

“Yeah she was. The adults where sharon’s mother and father. They looked after her and the baby,” the bartender explained.

“Did Sharon have a job?” I asked.

“She danced in here four nights a week,” the bartender explained.

“Did she have a boyfriend?” I asked.

“Not right now, she used to have one. His name is Lester Davenport. Lester was little Amy’s daddy,” the bartender further explained.

“So whoever did the family got Sharon, Amy, and sharon’s mother and daddy?” I asked. “Is that right?”

“That is the gossip going around. Course nobody has said nothing official about anyone else involved.” she said.

“So was there anybody new in Sharon’s life?” I asked.

“To be honest with you the dancers kind of do their own thing. They don’t tell the rest of us anything. Sharon was friendlier than most. I guess cause she was local, you know. Most of the dancers just drifted around the circuit.” She explained.

“How big is the Circuit,” I asked.

“The girls say they move between a dozen or more titty bars. Drift in and stay till the tips peter out then move on,” she explained. “Sharon stayed because she lived with her parents. She might turn a trick but she didn’t have no living expenses.”

“I hear that a lot of these dancers use drugs. Did Sharon?” I asked.

“No she drank more than she should have and smoked a little pot, but nothing else. That’s one reason she lasted so long here. The manager liked her.”she informed us.

“Did he like her, or did he really like her,” I pushed the bartende.

“He really liked her,” she said then went to wait on one of the other two customers.

“Damn, she knew a lot about Sharon,” Jenny said.

“Yes she did,” I agreed. “Let’s get a table and have another coke. Let’s see what the girls thought of her.”

We took our drinks to a table by the stage. A junkie pale red head walk by and asked if I wanted a lap dance. “I got Jenny here, but I would like some information. What’s the going rate for information on the dancer who got herself killed a couple of weeks ago?”

“What do you want to know?” she asked.

“Who was she fucking?” I asked.

“The bartender or the bouncer should know that. Sharon was a local not a pro.” the red head informed us. The women in the club knew nothing of Sharon’s life outside the bar.

“On the way out I asked the bartender the same question. “Far as I know she wasn’t fucking nobody. She gave head for money and favors now and then, but she said after Amy she didn’t fuck no strangers.”

“And you believed her,” Janet asked. It was my guess that Janet wanted to get in on the act.

“Why would she admit to giving head and deny fucking for money?” I asked Janet just to be an ass.

The last hour the place had gotten busy. Janet was even approached a few times. Not all of her offers were working girls. I smiled, but did not laugh at her sudden popularity.

It was midnight when I had Janet pull into the very small police station inside the county courthouse. There were three police cars in the lot. Two were local cops and one was a state police car. Jenny insisted on coming along when I went inside. She was feeling the beers.

Inside I found one uniformed patrolman local, and one state highway patrol officer having a cup of coffee. “Hello guys, My name is Rogers. I’m here researching the Green family Massacre,” I explained.

“Good for you,” the local cop said.

“Well it will help the family to get their side of the story out. I’m thinking that the family still has some brothers, sister, uncles, and aunts, who don’t want to see new stories about their Sharon the whore. So I’m trying to put together facts about her life, not some judgments from the local women’s club. You know us. We always want the headlines, not the truth. So today you have a chance to set the story straight.”

“Fuck off,” the state patrolman said.

“Can I quote you on that?” Jenny asked with a sweet smile. “Patrolman Ryan.”

“Look,” the local cop said. “For the last two weeks we have been hearing what a slut Sharon was. She was just doing what she could to get by.” The local officer said.

“Then you never had any contact with her,” I asked.

“Nothing more serious than a drunk and disorderly. You know domestic shit.” He said.

“So was Lester her drunk and disorderly partner,” I asked.

“I never said that,” the officer said trying to walk it back.

“You do know those records are public. I can go by and read them.” I said.

“So was Sharon a great cocksucker like everyone says,” Jenny asked.

“It’s time you two leave. Leave that one in the car if you need anything else,” The officer suggested.

“Excellent advice,” I said. I pushed Jenny toward the door. She gave me an evil look but walked outside and into the parking lot.

“So you are pissed at me for getting a reaction,” she asked.

“Oh, exactly what did you find out from that little exchange,” I asked.

“I found out that cops have no sense of humor. I also found out that Sharon was not the best cocksucker in town,” she said.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.