The Runesmith Chronicles: Oni and the Farmer - Cover

The Runesmith Chronicles: Oni and the Farmer

Copyright© 2018 by BluDraygn

Chapter 9

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 9 - A young farmer with an ailing mother gets help from a large, blue-skinned, demon-like woman called an oni in return for a little bit of sexy time. As their relationship grows, they discover the young man has mysterious abilities and a special affinity for magic which will lead him on a journey that puts him into contact, and often deep inside, a variety of monster girls

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Mult   Magic   Fiction   High Fantasy   Harem   Anal Sex   Cream Pie   Oral Sex   Pregnancy  

Weeks passed, and the land was blanketed in pristine white snow, travel became more difficult and Kal’s routine now consisted largely of chopping firewood, tending to the animals, chopping firewood checking animal traps, chopping firewood, cleaning and processing furs to sell at market like most farmers in winter, and chopping firewood. Visits to Ikuno’s cave became rarer and Kal had taken to making overnight trips, much to Ikuno’s delight, as the trek seemed to become longer with each new layer of snow. Perra was coming to visit the oni with even less frequency, always sending a hug and a kiss on the cheek for Kal to give the large blue woman.

Kal’s mother would look on with bemusement every time he packed his night bag and made ready for his overnight stays. One day she walked in as he was packing one of the runed leather vambraces made with ink from Aradelle’s nectar.

“What’s that Kal?” she asked.

Kal jumped, having not heard her walk in, “Um ... it’s something Ikuno gave me,” he said quickly stuffing it into his pack.

Kal’s mother calmly held out her hand.

With a sigh, Kal produced the leather strip and handed it to his mother.

She ran her hands over the runes, “These look like magic,” she stated.

Kal flinched, “Um ... they are.”

“When am I going to meet your Ikuno, Kal?” she asked, not lifting her eyes from the runes, “I’d like to one day thank the person who saved my life. It’s unfair that you haven’t brought her to see me yet.”

Kal hung his head, “I don’t think that would be wise mother. Ikuno has some ... attributes that you may find unsettling.”

“That’s almost exactly what Perra said when I asked her about your mage friend. I assume they can’t be that bad with how much you love her.”

Kal tensed and his eyes widened with surprise, he had been very careful to not make mention of his and Ikuno’s relationship. Perra had been sworn to secrecy from the day she first arrived.

“Stop it, Kal,” she said looking up at him, “Since I became sick my body is weak, but my mind is still sharp, I know perfectly well what it looks like when someone is in love.” She handed the vambrace back to Kal, “Is she teaching you how to use these?”

“Yes,” he replied, “and other types of magic but using runes is what I’m best at right now.”

“The last time I saw any magic was before you were born, show me please. I would like to see it again.”

Kal nodded, holding the piece of leather to his arm he traced a small rune that glowed dimly in the air in front of him. His mother’s face lit up as the leather laces used to secure the vambrace came alive and cinched themselves down before tying into a tidy knot.

“Healing, shield,” he said pointing to each rune in turn, he pulled another similar strip out of his pack. “This one makes me run as fast as a horse, maybe even faster,” Kal indicated another rune on the new strip of leather, “and this one keeps me from ever getting tired, so I could chop firewood all day and night if needed,” Kal groaned inwardly at the thought.

Kal stuffed the other vambrace back into his pack, then stepped back from his mother.

“Are you ready?” he asked, “I’m going to need something to heal.”

His mother nodded slowly.

Holding out his bare arm he brought up his other hand then sent it slamming down onto the underside of his exposed arm. Kal flinched, he had wanted it to be a good demonstration but that was a bit more painful than he had planned on and he grabbed his arm as the stinging feeling radiated out from the point of impact.

“Kal! What on earth are you doing?” yelled his mother as she moved towards him.

Kal held up a hand and she stopped, he showed her his arm where a distinctive angry handprint was beginning to welt up.

“Look,” he said and held up the leather-clad forearm. Reaching out with his magic Kal quickly pierced the clay-like barrier and filled the rune with power making it glow bright white. His mother’s eyes widened as the welt quickly shrunk down only leaving the handprint until that too faded, within a few moments the skin of his arm was as pristine and unblemished as before. “It doesn’t even hurt anymore,” he said.

“That’s amazing, Kal! But don’t do that again, I hate seeing my boy hurt even if it is only for a second,” she said taking his arm and running her hands over where the mark had been.

“I would have shown you the shield, but my room is kind of small,” he felt foolish for not taking her outside and showing her that instead. “You aren’t upset that I’m learning magic? I was worried you might not trust magic-users like most of the people in the village”.

“No, not at all. Most of the townsfolk have heard stories about evil and power-hungry mages and have never seen it in real life, my experience with a mage was brief but positive.”

“Can you tell me about it?”

She reached up and put a hand on his cheek, a gentle smile playing on her lips, “I may tell you one day, Kal, but we both have our secrets to keep.”

Kal, sighed, “Fair enough, but can I ask you something?”

“Certainly.”

“While the rune is mostly to heal myself, with some effort I can heal others too. I’ve noticed that you’ve been getting weaker, mother.”

“You want to try to heal me?” she asked.

Kal nodded.

“I don’t suppose it would hurt to try,” she said hesitantly.

“Is something wrong?” asked Kal.

His mother seemed nervous, “Just worried a bit, I have a feeling deep down that it may not work.”

Kal placed his hand on his mother’s shoulder, the healing rune flaring brightly for a moment before settling into a soft glow.

Since their time with Aradelle Ikuno had been very keen on developing Kal’s ability to ‘see’ magic. She had dragged him into the library his next visit and drilled him for hours on how he had known when Eludora was conceived and what exactly he had seen, or more appropriately felt, after his declaration when the magic around him and Ikuno had changed. He had even explained how this ‘sight’ allowed him to change the shape of the energy he put into the runes in his bracers, giving him the ability to pierce the barrier, which Ikuno believed was a representation of either the leather the runes were printed on or imperfections in the ink, and activate the runes quickly and easily. Ikuno had been fascinated by all of this and a little bit envious when she discovered that she didn’t have the same capacity to manipulate the flows of energy the way he described, even after trying repeatedly the magic was either there or it wasn’t for her.

His newfound ability allowed Kal an amount of control that baffled and amazed Ikuno. Where spells such as her strength spell affected the entire body equally, Kal could direct the magical energy to specific areas like making his hands strong enough to crush rock without enhancing his strength anywhere else on his body. This became very useful when using healing magic as he could direct the flow straight to the injury instead of healing the entire area the way Ikuno did. As an added bonus using his runes in this way allowed him to use far less magic than Ikuno to perform the same feat. Though Ikuno did take some pleasure in reminding him who had more power when his natural reserves ran out and his runes flickered and died.

Kal had done the mixing of the new ink and most of the tracing of the runes but it was Ikuno that used a spell from her book on runesmithing to set them into the leather. Soon after Ikuno had finished the new vambraces and introduced him to the healing rune, he had quickly found out that the quickest way to tell if someone was injured was to flood them with healing magic then narrow down the focus as the magic found the injuries it needed to heal.

What he saw as he tried to heal his mother both confused and frightened him.

The healing magic couldn’t find anything to fix.

Near as Kal could tell looking at the magic flows she was perfectly healthy. The rune faded out and he let his hand drop lifelessly to his side. Having lowered his head in concentration as he attempted to heal his mother, he found it impossible to look her in the eye after failing.

“Kal? What’s wrong?” she asked.

“I’m sorry mother, you were right,” he said still unable to look at her.

Kal’s mother stepped forward and wrapped her arms around her son, “It’s okay dear, I didn’t really expect it would work.”

“Why not?” he asked.

She gave him a light squeeze then let him go. “Sorry Kal, that’s one of those secrets I have to keep,” she said before turning and walking back out into the living room.


Kal slipped the leather bracer off his arm and put it into his pack, he lifted the leather satchel and threw the strap over his shoulder, then stopped. Setting the pack back down on his bed Kal sat down next to it. Part of him wanted to run off to see Ikuno and ask her if she knew what was going on with his mother but he had an inkling that he already knew, even if he didn’t know why, and he couldn’t face the idea of those fears being confirmed.

He stood up and went out into the living area. His mother was sitting in front of the iron stove with the heavy metal door open to keep her warm as she hummed some nameless tune and mended one of Perra’s dresses, a small pile of newer clothes that were queued for winter linings sat next to her chair. She rarely moved from that spot anymore, only leaving the house to go and get materials with Perra and once back home only getting up to go to bed or use the outhouse, more than once she had needed his or Perra’s help getting out there and back since it had started snowing. Kal’s mother looked up from her sewing and smiled, Kal had been so lost in thought he didn’t realize he was staring, flushing in embarrassment he painted a smile in his face that he didn’t really feel and made a hasty exit through the front door.

Stopping in the front yard he paused to collect himself; no, he didn’t want to go see Ikuno with his mind in chaos, perhaps a short ride on his horse would help him calm down a bit. As he walked to the barn he thought about the meditation exercises that Ikuno had taught him, then waved them away, they would likely help right now but he needed something else, he just couldn’t figure out what that was.

Entering the small barn he walked past the two oxen, giving each an affectionate pat on the head, and on to his newest addition, Bonn. Kal had bought the horse not long after he had gone back to see Ikuno the first time and the gelding had proven to be a huge asset with his mother being unable to make the trips into town on foot anymore. With snow on the ground, Kal’s job of going around and checking his fur traps was made far quicker and easier with Bonn’s help, as well as being able to haul more furs and skins to market in a single trip.

Taking Bonn’s lead he opened the wooden latch on the stable door and brought the horse out into the main area. Tying the lead to a post he brushed the dust and straw off Bonn’s back and flanks before tossing a blanket over his back and placing the saddle. Once everything was cinched down he grabbed the pommel and put a foot in the stirrup.

“Kal! Kal have you left yet?” Perra yelled walking towards the barn.

“I’m still here!” he called, sighing he vaulted into the saddle, he really just wanted to be alone right now.

Perra rounded the corner and walked into the barn, pausing for a moment as her eyes adjusted from the snow-covered ground to the relative darkness inside, “Thank goodness,” she said walking up to him and Bonn, “Mom said you walked out without your bag so you hadn’t left for Ikuno’s yet, could you take me into town? I need to pick up some things.”

“I thought we were pretty well set for supplies. What are we missing?”

“Mostly candles, Mom really likes the new ones the butcher is selling that are made from beeswax instead of tallow, they smell better and don’t leave black stains on the ceiling. While there I thought I would pick up a roast for Mom and I for tonight, something hearty to help keep her spirits up.”

He sighed again, instead of answering Kal just held his hand out and helped Perra up onto Bonn’s back behind him. Kal made a clicking noise with his tongue and Bonn walked out of the barn and with a slight tug on the reigns headed towards the trail going into the village.

The first part of the journey was quiet as Kal was lost in his thoughts, Perra had her arms around his torso and gave him a little squeeze to get his attention.

“I know you’re worried about Mom, Kal.”

“She’s getting weaker, Perra,” he felt her nod behind his back, “I tried to heal her before I left, but there was nothing to heal. It scares me, Perra, she’s wasting away and now I know for sure there is nothing I can do to stop it.”

Perra hid her surprise that Kal had revealed he could use magic to his mother, “What about the clerics in the big cities, perhaps they could help her?” she asked

Kal shook his head, “I asked Ikuno about that when she gave me the healing rune, a cleric’s healing is no different from mine or hers the only thing that changes are the sources, we draw our power from the world around us where they receive their power from whatever deity they pray to. They may have access to greater reserves of magic and not be so reliant on crystals, but they can only use the spells their deity dictates. If I can’t heal her then no cleric can either.”

“Could it be some kinda’ disease?”

Kal shook his head again, “When I first met Ikuno, mother had the coughing disease that makes your lungs fill up and drowns you. The apothecary had a magical potion that could cure that and any other kind of disease a person might have, but the price was too steep I would have ended up working as a slave for the rest of my life to pay off that debt and mother flat out refused saying she would rather die than live knowing her boy put himself in chains to save her. I heard some adventurers talking about a cave with riches and like a fool went to see if I could maybe steal enough to buy the potion. Ikuno caught me, not that I was a very good burglar. I told her what I was doing, we had our first time together, and in thanks, she gave me enough gold and gems for the potion and then some. When I left Ikuno’s, I went straight to the apothecary and purchased the potion, with some interesting looks from the other people there mind you. Looking back, I’m surprised no one robbed me, but I was in and out of town as quickly as I could. Running home, I gave the potion to mother,” Kal chuckled, “it took me an hour to convince her that I hadn’t thumped some noble over the head so I could steal their purse and that knights weren’t about to come thundering into the farm. The potion worked, in just a couple of minutes she had stopped coughing and she felt like the weight in her chest had been lifted. In short, mother has already been cured of any diseases she may have had.” Kal thought for a moment then shook his head, “Not sure why I felt I needed to tell you all of that.”

Perra hugged him from behind, “I don’t mind, it’s the first time you’ve told me how you and Ikuno met,” a shadow passed over the girl’s face, “It sounded far more pleasant than the first time I saw her.”

Kal reached back over his shoulder and patted Perra’s head, comforting the girl as the memories of her run-in with Sir Michael threatened to well up.

“I’m sorry about that, Perra, but thank you for listening. I think it helped quite a bit.”

Smiling she hugged him again and laid her head on his back, “You’re welcome.”

A few minutes later the trees thinned and the small village of Tilsen came into view. The town wasn’t much to look at, little more than a meeting place for local farmers to cross paths with traveling merchants. Over the years a few businesses had come into town such as an inn, general store, blacksmith, apothecary, butcher, and others as demand had grown. Nowadays the small town was no longer growing but had found a comfortable equilibrium that the locals were happy with.

Kal nudged Bonn in the direction of the butcher, the streets were far from busy with most people wanting to stay inside where it was warm. However, the sun was out and business needed to be taken care of, so a few brave souls were venturing out into the streets and town center which had largely turned into a lake of mud from melting snow. Kal was once again extremely thankful for having Bonn to ride on instead of trudging through the mud as he had in the past.

Arriving at the butcher’s shop Kal helped Perra down before dismounting himself, giving Bonn an apologetic pat on the neck for the mud that had splashed up and covered his legs up to the knees, he threw a couple of loops over the hitching post and followed Perra inside.

A few minutes later they walked out with Perra’s roast in an oiled leather satchel she had brought along just for this purpose while Kal had a strip of soft leather with the candles rolled up in it under his arm. Kal had carefully dropped the candles in one saddlebag then came around to help Perra slide the roast down into the other.

“Oy! I fuggin’ told ya that was me sis!” came a yell from behind them.

Kal and Perra’s heads whipped around to see three rather burly young men in winter travel cloaks walking towards them from the direction of the inn.

Perra froze in fear, her lips trembling, “It’s Emrick,” she whispered.

Much as Kal wanted to mimic Perra right now his time with Ikuno had shown him that panicking was rarely useful. Gauging the distance between them and the three thugs he knew he couldn’t get himself and Perra on Bonn fast enough to get away. Leaning over he undid the loops on the hitching post, seeing this the three men started walking faster.

“Da fuck ya think you’re goin’?” yelled Perra’s brother.

“Me? Nowhere,” he yelled back then leaned down and whispered fiercely in Perra’s ear, “my bag with the bracers is on my bed, get them and get back here as quickly as you can.”

Confusion snapped Perra out of her fear-induced trance, she looked at Kal, “What!?” anything else she may have said was cut off by a screech as Kal lifted her by the hips and dumped her into the saddle.

“Da fuck!” came from behind him and Kal heard the lumbering trio try to run through the mud. Kal put Perra’s hand on the pommel then gave Bonn a shove on the neck to turn him, a slap on the horse’s rump sent them galloping towards home with another shriek from Perra. Kal saw Perra grab ahold of the reigns and lean over Bonn’s neck as they tore off before he turned to face her brother. Now he just had to stall long enough for her to get back.

A large fist connected with Kal’s gut knocking the wind out of him as he turned, meaty hands lifted him by his shirt until he was nose to nose with Perra’s brother, “Git ‘er back ‘ere ya scut! I told Urul, an’ Duma ‘ere dey could ‘ave some fun if’n dey ‘elped me find ‘er. Git ‘er back or dey’r gonna ‘ave their fun smashin’ yer head in.”

Kal coughed a couple times as he got his breath back, “You really think I’m going to call her back after that? What a loving and caring brother you are,” he snarled, “whoring out your sister to whoever can help you step up in life,” behind his back he traced a rune in the air, “how’d that work out last time? Did you enjoy your time in the stocks?”

“‘ow da fuck did ya know ‘bout dat?” said Perra’s brother, then he chuckled, “Don’ matter anyway, if’n ya won’t bring ‘er back den I guess it’s time ta bust some heads.” Setting Kal down he held the farmer by the shirt as the other hand swung back for a second punch aimed at Kal’s stomach.

As Urul and Duma moved forward to grab Kal’s arms the rune behind his back flashed and the hoods on their travel cloaks flipped up and over their eyes, Kal brought his other hand up to intercept Emrick’s swing, it didn’t stop the large fist but deadened the blow significantly, the force was still enough to rip Kal’s shirt out of Emrick’s hand and send him sprawling. Having been prepared for the hit, Kal was back on his feet before the two thugs had figured out what happened and pulled their hoods back. Kal took the opportunity to look around, everyone who had been out in the streets had conveniently found somewhere else to be, now there was only him and the trio of bullies. Kal sighed, so much for help from the townsfolk.

Perra’s brother spun around and looked at the two thugs, “Wot da ‘hell! Ya were supposed to grab ‘im!” Duma just shrugged in confusion, though his eyes kept flicking behind them as if expecting to see the person who had blinded them with their cloaks. Urul had pulled his hood forward and was inspecting it as though staring at the fabric long enough would reveal the mystery of its strange behavior. Even under such tense circumstances, Kal had to fight to keep from laughing at them.

The brother turned back around, a look of surprise on his face when he saw Kal standing a few paces away, “Ya mus’ be stupid or somethin’,” he said taking a step forward, “ya should’a run when ya had da chance.”

Kal mentally kicked himself for not doing just that, outwardly he just shrugged and took a step backwards to maintain the distance between them, “Unfortunately I can’t do that, you see I work for the lady that saved your sister and killed that bastard knight you gave her to, she put Perra in my care so her safety is my concern. You may also want to think about the fact that she easily killed Sir Michael and may not take kindly to you beating up and whoring out her servants.”

The brother’s cronies exchanged a nervous look behind his back, “I don’ fuggin believe ya,” he said taking another step that was matched by Kal’s step backwards, “nobody works fer an ogre dey only git fucked by ‘em or eaten by ‘em.”

“She’s an oni, not an ogre, not that I would expect morons like you to understand the difference,” Kal did some quick calculating, with luck at full gallop Perra should be getting home about now, that left him far more time than he was comfortable with trying to stall. Eventually, their patience was going to run out. A thought came to him, he had been planning on going to see Ikuno earlier, he reached into his pocket and his hand closed tightly around a small stone.

“Da fuck did you call me?” yelled Perra’s brother who, along with Duma, was glaring at him. Urul, strangely enough, was now looking down at his leg. To make matters worse he started raising and lowering his leg while continuing to stare at it.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.