Surprise Melody Flintkote - Cover

Surprise Melody Flintkote

Copyright© 2018 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 10

I had a sudden thought. The Navy has a rigid bottom inflatable boat for clandestine operations. The rigid bottom is narrow enough to fit through the escape trunk and hatches of that submarine the Navy never built ... but everybody knows about. The boat self inflates on the surface so it’s ready to go when the Special Forces men ... or Blackwater operatives or the CIA ... reach the surface. They bring the outboard motor with them when they use the trunk for unobserved exit.

“Let them go.” I whispered. “I have a feeling.”

“Pay attention to her feelings,” whispered Cyn.

As soon as the pair tossed Jonesy’s body in the boat they started the huge outboard ... it wasn’t completely silent but we were close. Due to the phosphorescence they were easy to track.

“We need to find that bomb ... it’s connected to the engine hour meter. The bomb is probably in the bilge.”

“No,” said the Powers, “Go to Immigration and ask them find it.”

“Great idea,” I said. “Which one of you thought that up?”

“We really do need to leave,” said JW. “Cyn ... you learn anything from this?”

“I think my friends aren’t.”

Off in the direction the inflatable had taken, there was a massive explosion. We felt the shockwave on deck.

“Do you suppose...”

“Yeah ... that’s how the brass gets rid of those who know too much,” I said. “I knew it when they killed Jones.”

“We were supposed to be on that boat,” Cyn said. She was sick over the side.

The blast drew attention. How could it not?

One of the distinctive Royal New Zealand Coastguard Federation boats coasted up to our boat. An all volunteer organization, the personnel wore red uniforms to match their red hulled boats.

“Ahoy the boat.”

“Are we ever glad to see you,” I said. “Come aboard, please.”

The commander of the guard boat stepped aboard starboard side. She was about 30 0r maybe younger.

“How can we help?” she asked.

“Two of my family were kidnapped tonight. I got them back ... but ... we have every reason to believe the kidnappers came off a United States Navy Nuclear Submarine.” I said, shocking the Coastie. She looked ready to speak.

I held up my hand.

“That blast you heard was their inflatable blowing up. I don’t know if you want to get involved. Maybe call the Navy? I assume it’ll be safe to examine the site but one never knows.”

“Why do you think their boat blew up? Why do you think that Americans are involved.”

“Have you heard the name Flintkote in the news or heard it mentioned by Immigration?”

“You’re them. The triplets.”

“That’s us.”

“The Marines tried to invade Auckland! It was over you.” She snapped her fingers. “Your mother...”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.