The Walk-on - Cover

The Walk-on

Copyright© 2018 by The Twelfth Man

Chapter 17

Sheila has the easiest job, if you count things to do, but also the hardest when you consider several things. One she with some help from Ash looks after selling the businesses or sites Tony and Dad no longer want to keep. Then she backs up Brenda and Ash when setting up meetings, She now works with Lila on budgets and estimates our cash flow.

Oh! The surplus arms business Jess and I started, she does that while we get the marriage thing over with. Not to mention the paperwork on the planes, the ranch and now the girls wanting to exit Nashville. I know a bit of that work is temporary, however it is a lot of work, with more to come if Heather becomes involved. Not to mention that other girl, what’s her name again?

Getting that money did not have a big effect on Jenna or Jamie, it had a huge one. They were not the same. Heather said money did not go to Tara’s head though, not like her sisters. When Tara told them my contract was only for 1 year and $1 Million they went looking for greener pastures. It hurt me to see that reaction, it really did. Money corrupts, a lot of money, well you know how the story goes.

Lila must have figured Tony was an easy mark. Perhaps not the best assumption on her part; and part they did. Lila found herself walking in a New Mexico desert. No seas shells nor sea shores here folks. She did get the message, the boys at Wharton reacted differently to her ‘requests’ for funds I guess. She walked (Alive) because as greedy as she was, she had not stolen anything, the accountants confirmed all that.

Jess’s plane landed but the runways at the ranch were still not finished, they were too short to safely land. We had to be driven there or one of the Casinos. Upon hearing about Lila’s excursion Jess said, “Aww, I guess we don’t need another room then!” Her kindness showed no bounds!

We were in Vegas early. Sheila and Ash were due in late Friday, the plane went back for them. Heather had her own plane and Tara was coming with her from Atlanta; Arthur was coming too. Vince was picking up Bren in LA then coming here Friday also.

Lila, well, ‘they’ only wanted to teach her a lesson. She was watched her entire 1.4 mile walk before the Helo landed and took her back to Vegas. It was “an experience”, she said, one she would not forget. That she worked hard, added value and did not steal made her an ‘investment’ Tony wanted around.

Looks were the proverbial ‘Dime a Dozen’ in Vegas; honesty was not. When he told us, both Jess and I nodded our head, I could see his point. In a way, Jess was like that too.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.