The Walk-on - Cover

The Walk-on

Copyright© 2018 by The Twelfth Man

Chapter 16

Might as well say something about Brenda. Like ‘if’ she ever was around anymore. ‘If’ she ever bothered to tell me anything? ‘If’ she and her new best buddy stopped playing with those Frikin Drone things. Jess wanted them with cannons and rockets to ... well just in-case she said.

That new op of hers is, pretty impressive though, I have to admit. You might be able to compare it to something if it was not like Ash’s deal, you know, it keeps growing and growing. Fed Ex, UPS, The Postal Service, you name it and they were putty to be played with,

Mark (Dayton-Hudson, Target) decided to follow Jeff (Amazon), so did Walmart. (Used to Be Sam) There were some hiccups for everyone. The partial solutions were found with storage lockers and longer rural delivery schedules.

Unless you had a ‘safe’ address, War Zones were out. That put a stop to my brilliant idea for shipping ‘our not toys’ around. Maybe we could mark them containers as ‘Farm Tools’ or ‘Machine Parts’.

That Wedding date was drawing near and ‘our’ talk, She talked I Listened, still was at item one. We both said it at the same time. “I love you, have since day one.” Why those words made for 6 hours worth of phone calls, from the plane no less, I’ll never understand.

There! Happy now? Yes we were getting married! Had a ring long ago so I was ready.

There it was right in-front of my long, very noble nose. It all started to become evident when ‘We’ decided that what Bren was doing was an enabler for each of us to use, not for her to always do our stuff too. Yep! That’s how it started, just a little enabler.

Really it was more what Heather had put together, with Bren’s op added to it.

What was it? you ask? Nothing much, only we could take all those 789,000 worthless books the Military wrote on ‘How to open a can of beans’ properly and by the numbers Then apply it to everything we sold plus everything ‘They’ had manuals for that no one read, and have a Video of how do it. Then, you know those training exercises where half the troops fall asleep, now everything could go on their pc. Handy the first time that M1B3 37 G 45, list 234 sub-section 102 B needs a cotter pin and you do not even know what it is called. Think of a parts explosion at an auto dealer folks to find out more. Or you are in a sub at the bottom of some ocean, running silent, no calls for help there folks.

There is the issue of who does what to make the shows but for us, the Atlanta guys would be point for our toys. Taking things one step further, imagine viewing ‘How different groups or teams approach a similar obstacle’. Say SIS, US Marines, Seals, ADF, Mossad. IDF etc. Of course these may be home-grown secrets, don’t you know? Then there is that Space thing, the ‘three letter’ groups, Medical Procedures, EVACs, etc, etc. You get the picture where remote help may not be there. Never happens, right.

With our solution you can learn about it, see it in use, order it and check who has it in stock. Handy in a war. Helps to cut down ‘Friendly Fire’ if your expecting something and not surprised. Why even an ‘AEGIS’ feed could interface or allow you to see a J SOC or J Stars feed all over the place.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.