The Walk-on - Cover

The Walk-on

Copyright© 2018 by The Twelfth Man

Chapter 15

Let’s look at the small things; that is if you call a $ Billions small? General Foods now added things like canned, frozen and fresh foods. Grain things went from 90% of the business to now less than 50% and was still growing. (Okay, I’ll stop the attempts at puns; ... eventually)

I wondered if Bren’s new op could sell food things? Maybe laundry det ... Hell anything right. Maybe houses, cars, land, tickets, baby...? Okay, Okay so maybe anything and everything, except selling air to breath would not work, (Joke folks, they do sell AIR in Asia) right? Sec, water to drink sells though.

“I wonder if Ash makes enough?” I’ll have to ask her boss, wait who was her boss now?

I had a mental image now. Totally unexpected. ‘Where would we live after..., Jess and I after the wedding?’ I could see it now, on the plane, the ranch in Vegas or, knowing Tony some ‘Fortress Giancona’ in Paraguay, with 2,700 armed guards ... No that would only happen if Jess was having a ‘Little Tony’, then all bets were off.

I had another sobering thought. (Yes, I can have a thought now and then) ‘Our thing’ was soon to be more legit than not. Who would have thought we’d be in more than cheese, olive oil and pasta someday. Wait, almost forgot the gaming, hotels, malls, car dealerships, waste disposal companies, cabs, Oh, that ‘Entertainment’ portion for lonely travelers too. Perhaps becoming legit would take a bit longer to do than I at first thought?

That begged the question of money. Who got it?, Who gets it?, How much do we need, have and will have? Perhaps I should turn to someone who has more than ‘we’ do? No, the Church has it’s own problems coming to light. MMMM! Walmart? No Sam’s dead now. Donny’s busy. So is, that Sheikh guy.

What to do?

I know, I’ll ask, ... Jess, no Heather ... no that bartender in Atlanta that listened to my ... Nope, I hated Atlanta. I know, my barber, SHE should know somebody!

She did; Sol was a Shark, a legal beagle! Sol said he had a cousin, who knew a friend who had a daughter that was just out of school and could help. Wow, talk about luck! If I had any more it would be all bad.

“Out of School!’ Right! Like Wharton was chopped imitation liver. Her solution (Sol recommended her don’t forget) of buying both financial accountants and forensic ones, then another set to check on the checkers was something both Heather and Jess liked. What they had some objections too was ‘Lila’, a 5’ 5’’, single 26 year-old platinum blonde from LA. Hell, who else had time now to count the money? Sol said she was good, so: ‘What’s their problem?’ I thought.

Tony’s ‘suggestion’ of a honeymoon in Paraguay was not met with great enthusiasm. I knew him, Jess knew him and we both said thanks but ‘no thanks’. It seemed the Vegas ranch or the plane were both options now. Brenda’s, we can sell you a house got a ‘BYE’, so did that hotel room back in DC.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.