The Walk-on - Cover

The Walk-on

Copyright© 2018 by The Twelfth Man

Chapter 14

‘From Nothing, Everything’ That’s the way I felt. Maybe Jess too, I don’t know for certain though. The gang, Hell they were never lost like I was. Looking back I think these ‘Sort of tainted deals’ were the kind of things I had always wanted. I almost wish th...

“Hey!”

“Hay is for horses Jess!”

“We just got something! This is big, as big as everything else. Heather found it, got it, imagined it, whatever!”

“What another Sports thing?”

“Yes, no, maybe that’s how she found it but no, it’s not just for sports; we all can use it! Listen!” She tuned on the TV then started flipping channels.

NFL Sports was first, then QVC, Home Shopping Network, TBS, CNN, Netflix, Hulu and then went to a laptop and cast a dozen Web sites on that same TV screen.

“See?” She said! Yep.

“What did you see?”

“Ahh, a TV and a bunch of different things?”

“Right. There is hope for you yet.”

“So, hope for what?”

“You are so dense! Duh! What does all this mean to you?”

“Let’s see, a lot of monthly bills, high electric bills and a huge credit card bill if you and Heather go on a shopping spree?”

“Maybe there is hope for you yet? Money! Money Honey! It means M O N E Y!”

She finally took a breath.

“Heather was watching The NFL Channel when she decided to view your old games with Atlanta. They were there, there with tons of other old games. Do you know what that means?”

“Sure, 12 months of football now!”

“What if...?” and now I had to listen to 67 minutes of ‘What if?’ Okay, Okay she was on to something; Okay, maybe something big, really big. NFL was moving the media people to New York. Those in Atlanta wanted to stay and came to her, the Falcons really. Heather went to Jess now to me and an idea was born.

All our arms, munitions, boats, tanks, planes; all of it could be as detailed and graphic as needed. Visual tours of the Buildings, malls, Casinos, everything Tony and Vince wanted to sell could be seen on TV, the web, even our own streaming channels.

Brenda and her new op with Jeff, the same thing. They could show and price and sell millions of things, across the globe with Zero need for the buyers to leave their Home, PC or even a phone worked. Neet Ehh.

Ted was called and TBS and the Ex NFL guys could control things from Atlanta. It didn’t stop there. “We could... “ and on and on she went for over an hour longer she talked, I had to listen. At the end I could only stand up and do one thing. I took her in my arms and kissed her.

My remark to her was: “Okay, but what bright ideas will you have for us tomorrow?”

This was really good! Her: “And, Mr hard to please. We can do it for tons of others too, Hotels, resorts, travel bookings, flowers, candy for Mothers day, houses, apartments, cars, seats for events...” on and on another hour she went.

‘Did this girl ever shut up?’ I wondered.

Conference call to Heather. Now she started to ramble. All the tech NFL had, we could buy. Ted would throw in his 239,000 movies and a Japanese group, Sony, wanted out of one of their streaming lines. Meaning she already bought everything. Okay, so I’m slow, slow maybe, but not stupid? Don’t you say a word. I warn you. If you do you will have to answer to, ... to ... Jessica. That’s like a fate worse than death.

“See, I always said things were inter-related, didn’t I?”

“Yes Dear!” But she had said that without enough sincerity. Someone took the same words I could have said right out of my mouth about them: ‘Loving it when a plan comes together’, I got to call everyone and tell them that we now had a plan that linked everything together. Jess just laughed.

With all this happening, maybe ‘The World Was Not Enough’, The Moon, Mars, Biggie Macs (McDonald s), Pizza Hut, I could see it now growing just like Ash’s food things. (Another attempt at a Pun, food, plants, growing, get it? Man You are a tough audience.) Jess was still talking... “Major League Baseball, Movie seats, Home food delivery, car/ride service, different languages ... on and on some more. Now I knew she would never shut up.

I picked up the phone, called Tony while she was still yapping. “Tony, Nick. Okay. Let me ask ... Jess, This Friday, wedding in Vegas, Okay with you? ... Tony I think she nodded, but stopped talking now.”

We both knew it was going to happen; knew from the moment we broke up. Maybe we were not the only ones to know. Jess grabbed the phone. “Daddy, remember what you promised if I married the jerk? Yes Anthony if it’s a boy but not in this decade. I want all my friends there, ... yes all six of them; Oh Nick Too I guess. Bye Daddy!”

I guess we should say a few words in this chapter about the things being sold by Tony and Vince?

“There were a lot of them.” There, as promised, a ‘few’ words.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.