The Walk-on - Cover

The Walk-on

Copyright© 2018 by The Twelfth Man

Chapter 11

“Because ‘Newbie’, you live here, live here now and have enough money of your own and your Dad’s that we can trust you do not to want to cheat us out of ours.”

“Yeah, he could have had...” said Tony.

“Dad!”

Meanwhile, back with Ashley and Sheila who were going on about what was on their plate. Sheraton was to build a new hotel in New Jersey. The new owners were from New York though. It was a small one, only 100 sleep rooms but 50 meeting and conference rooms. It was nestled next to green hills and sat on more than 3,000 acres of land. Their plans showed only one road but two long runways were also planned, rested side by side, enough room to land small, personal jet aircraft. Reminded me of someone I knew.

The investment was for $100 million at 5%. The first two days were spent with the girls having to be berated then ‘told’ to “Get the MAN in-charge here ... now or the deal was off”.

The girls decided to do some shopping, a girls best pastime while Wendy struggled with flights to get them back. She had told them flights to London or Frankfurt world be easier than Nashville it seemed. They decided to update Brenda and check how the other 4 deals were going.

They told Brenda, Brenda called Nick, she was going to earn her new nickname, ‘The She-Devil’ coined by the girls reaction to how she responded to the news about New York. Nick was not amused either, he casually mentioned that Heather’s deal might end up their only deal. He commented about New York’s demand to get ‘The MAN in-charge there’ when Sheila and Ashley were the officers and so far it was an all-girl company.

Tony made a remark: “Maybe ‘we’ should send Jess there to straighten them out, she has a way with men ... some men at least.”

Jessica just smiled. “Send my plane to get them here now. Tell them ‘The investors are meeting today, come here or not but for $100 million they should think twice before refusing. A woman can d...”

“Down girl!”

This did more to cement a bond within the group than anything else could. The past seemed to be forgotten. A call was made to get ‘Black Beauty’ airborne. Jessica’s orders were never questioned. All this was relayed to Brenda who like the ‘She-Devil’ she was becoming, called Wendy to ‘cool it’ then the New York contacts and ‘TOLD’ them what to do,

Sheila and Ashley were shopping when Brenda called them to get to the plane before their contacts. It should give everyone a chance to have some fun.

They got to the plane minutes before three black cars drove up to the plane. Jan seated the girls in the two lounge chairs up front then stood by the stairs. “You’re late we almost took off without you.” Looking at her watch to reinforce a sense of urgency she yelled at the Pilot’s cabin.

“We’re running late, Ms Giancona will be pissed if we get her plane back late.”

The blond peaked out and said: “Lucky this is a domestic one, I’ll get on the horn and tell the flight controllers who owns this piece of crap ... OH I mean this superb flying machine.”

“She sent the G VI back, I had to call Daddy to get a rush order for the 777. Sultan what’s his face ordered one but Jess hates gold, It’s got to be black.” Then aside, ‘like her soul!’ she thought.

Suddenly the plane, the girl and the name brought a look on the face of one of the men. He was not intending to bother with the peons. “Is this one of the Vegas planes? he asked.

“Jan played dumb, she was not however. “Not really, this one lands only at the ranch but we had a couple of passengers when she and her Fiance’ flew to meet Tony a few weeks ago. The Casinos have their own, I’m not certain where this one will go when the new one is ready.”

Sal tossed his head back, shaking it from side to side. He pulled back the two guys that were climbing the stairs. “You guys are going to get me killed. I won’t be alone if you already screwed this up. You have no idea the shit this is going to cause me.”

His feeling of dread grew a bit more when he saw Sheila and Ashley up front. They had no idea what was going on just followed what Brenda said assuming Nick gave the order.

Sal squirmed in his seat when he overheard singular words like, ‘orders, Master, and what sounded like laughter. Tony G had a reputation, even in New York unless all ‘Five Families’ were in agreement Tony G was not someone you demanded to see. There would be a price to pay. The plane seemed to land at Nashville a lot sooner than Sal wanted. The line of cars waiting seemed ominous. Sheila and Ashley were escorted to the three up front who whisked them off. By the ride one could easily tell they were ‘heavies’ (Armored).

That not a word was spoken as car doors were opened then closed and set a slow pace on a longer course to the hotel. More of Tony’s guards were at the entrance to the hotel parking garage. Sweat dripped off Sal’s brow.

It was nothing compared to what he felt when he saw those seated in the room then heard voices he recognized coming from the conference phone.

“Sit down Sal and perhaps tell us why we have been insulted! Quickly though and you will not have another chance to do so. Is that acceptable Don Giancona?”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.