The Walk-on - Cover

The Walk-on

Copyright© 2018 by The Twelfth Man

Chapter 8

“Guess who called while we were away Master?”

“If it was about that 20 bucks I owe, tell them ‘the check’s in the mail’.”

“No! We got a new client, we got a new client! Wee!”

“No Way. How!”

“Just the tremendous skill and the awesome capability of your slaves, Master.” From Ashley.

Sheila piped in: “Actually we just answered your phone and got to talking. Hard to believe, Huh?”

Ashley again. “When we said we work for you and started talking about the company, Voila, we think this is a great opportunity.”

“If what we heard was true this deal can be $1-$2 Billion or more.”

“But ... It is a little different in that ... we need to find not only investors but an owner.”

“Explain!”

“We need more information so we set up an email account for all of us. We are supposed to be getting more details after a ‘NDA’ (Non-disclosure agreement) is signed by an officer. We thought that was like a Master, so it would mean you would need to sign. You never told us much about your company so we just made it seem...”

“Ahh, SHE wants to talk to YOU though, too.”

“My partners are two pretty blonds who like to wheel and deal I think. We need to set up the company. ‘Sluts R Us’ as a name may not work so we would want something different. I think I told you I’m walking away in 5 years. It makes more sense for the two of you to run it now, I’ll just be an investor like I originally intended.”

Pause again.

“You didn’t happen to get this ‘She’s’ name and number did you?”

In stereo: “NO!”

As her head shook dear Ashley said: “Heather never gave us her ... OMG!”

“That’s OK my sweet slaves, Heather is my old Boss from the Atlanta Falcons. She’s a friend too or at least used to be. Just let things be with her. I don’t really want to ‘bother’ her with my, I mean ‘our’ issues.”

Lambert, Pierce, Venable and Smith, we saw them the next day. That afternoon Laptops, Cell Phones, Printers and supplies were purchased. One condo got desks, chairs, conference room furniture and more AV and computer stuff for presentations ordered. The other was set up for a typical living household, A call to Wendy updated all the places needed with the new address, email and phone numbers. Some people were omitted. The girls typed up a simple letterhead with authorizations, mine too.

They ate in the Hotel’s restaurant that night. Whether they were tired out after a full day shopping or other reasons, there was not much said.

“We’ll get you a car in the morning then you guys get the other things for the new condos and anything else like blinds etc. Also decide what you want from the old apartment and have it moved. You have grass, landscaping and the Hot Tub there so arrange for services to do all that. Remember everything is new so allow enough time to move in before you cancel at the dorm.

They leased a BMW SUV. Nick did not want to be reminded of Atlanta so no Mercedes. While the girls had their marching orders and were off, Nick went back to his hotel room and crashed. There was much to think about; not all of it was pleasant. Sleep did not come easy that day. Ashley and Sheila could sense that Nick wanted to be alone so after food, they went back to the dorm room.

As in many things doubts started to creep into his thoughts, mostly about himself.

He awoke to his room phone ringing.

He answered. “You up yet?”

“No I’m sound asleep!”

“Oh, OK We’ll call back later when you’re awake!”

“Ashley, it’s OK, I’m awake.”

“How did you know it was me?”

“Lucky guess!”

Ashley may not have been the brightest bulb on the planet but a more honest and trustworthy friend you could not find. After having just the opposite, these two made a great team. he could trust them to ferret out simple details few others would bother with. If an opportunity was clearly understood by them he could start to determine if he would invest or not.

“We’re in the lobby, are you coming down or should we come up?”

“Let’s eat in the room. I want to hear how you made out yesterday then discuss what I think I want you to concentrate on. OK?”

In my room. Both Ashley and Sheila started to tell me about all the things they accomplished yesterday. There were some things that still needed to be done. They came up with name for the business. ‘SRU’, “very creative” I told them, short for ‘Sluts R Us’ I assumed.

The plans for today was to wash the sheets, towels, etc and put away the assorted linens. The blinds and shutter people would be doing an estimate and some boxes and things like lamps, vases and flowers had to be rearranged. Today also pots, pans, dishes, flatware, misc supplies, small appliances and glasses had to be purchased, probably from Williams-Sonora and Bed, Bath and Beyond. Fresh food, canned, dry goods and frozen would take several trips. I told them, hire people, you will not have time for that for a while, school either.

I had to laugh at them. They attacked everything as if they had to do it themselves, today. I made the pressure less when I told them to move into the hotel ASAP and take their time getting things ready. Set up the offices portion first, then the living space followed by the conference rooms and space for any consultants. “This was new to all of us” I told them.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.