The Walk-on
Chapter 7

Copyright© 2018 by The Twelfth Man

I was surprised, no, I sort of was NOT; they were being themselves. Left to my own devices in getting up I got off the ground. Sheila and Ashley ran from room to room in the condo. There was a look of awe on their face. “Can we have a...?”

“You can have anything you want except ‘other men’.

I made a call while ‘Fric and Frac’ pulled the agent into the condo next door.

Heather answered my call. “Hi beautiful! You’ll never guess who this is?”

“Is this, mmmm, Raul. no Steve, no it’s Pedro, no, no it’s that former ‘bird’ (Atlanta Falcons) that ran away from me?”

“You got it in Four Sweetheart!”

“OK, OK, I’ll take you back only if you ‘pass my tryout’.”

“Be still my heart, that’s the best offer I’ve had for the past twenty minutes. But alas I’m not sure I could survive one of your tryouts. I do however need you ... your help right now, but who knows your offer for a tryout might be in ‘our’ future?”

“I should tell you, if you pass my test, your ‘sign-on bonus’ would be awesome!”

“If I would do tryouts yours would be right up there, top three, no four, no, one of the top ten anyhow. I can honestly say my mind is no longer ruled by my heart. No one to blame but myself; that’s partly why as attractive your offer of a tryout is, I don’t think you deserve a quitter like me.”

There was silence on the line, probably much too long.

“Heather I want your expertise to help two friends start learning how to become business women. I’ve started an investment type company where two former classmates at Vanderbilt will be the point of contact for me, then analyze if there is any opportunity for an investment. The girls, Ashley and Sheila would focus on only a few areas, like Medical, Research, Technology and one or two others we can get support on.”

“And now you want me to help your old girlfriends. What planet are you from?”

“Just ‘Friends’ who happen to be girls; girls by the way who play for the other team. So I’m sorry Heather I just thought you would still...”

Pause

“I’m so sorry Heather; I won’t bother you again!” Then I disconnected, deleted her number and went to find my super excited analysts. “Attention, attention my slaves; we have a slight change of plans. Here take my cell, lease whatever kind of car you want. If these condos will work. let’s close and get them to connect the units. You move in whenever they say they are yours.”

“Excuse me it takes at least 30 days for the loans and the titles to transfer. I can line up a contractor to do the work you want done but they wont start until these close.”

My eyebrows went up. I liked the space, I asked the girls. “We need a Hot Tub Mike and a whirlpool in at least one bath!”

I wrote out a check for $500,000 and handed it to the agent. “Get it all done for them to move in by the end of the week. If you can’t do the deal just call the girls at XXX-YYY-ZZZZ and give them back the check when we get back in town, Slaves!”

“As you command Master!” The look on the agent’s face was ... Priceless!

“Can you lock up and go with me a few days while Billy Jeanne or whatever her name is gets your new home ready we are going shopping. Can I use that phone again, please?”

I called my Handy, Dandy AMEX Helper, Wendy. Wendy in Miami took care of what I needed done. I knew both girls had passports from their trips while we were in school, while I had mine from the London game. I handed them back the phone.

We drove to their dorm. “Do we need anything, Master?”

“A smile, your passports and a toothbrush!”

‘Execujet’ was ready and waiting. ‘Saturn’ had taught them well how to be responsive, AMEX just made their response even better. Papers viewed now ready, we were off.

“Ahh Master wh...” She abruptly stopped as the FA brought a tray over as soon as we were in the air.

“What your No 2 girl means to say is ‘We’ go where and when you go, isn’t that right Ash?”

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.