Stuck on Chaos
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2018 by Old Man with a Pen

The party we went to was not the party planned by Adams. In the first place, he was expecting just we two. What he got was all of us. There was a bit of confusion at the door ... and the huge table was set for three, the chairs grouped cosily at the far end. David seated me but took his time seating himself. The fancy dress sword hindered his seating.

Adams suggested that David divest himself, “Wouldn’t you be more comfortable without that?”

“It would be intolerably uncomfortable without it.”

Adams shrugged. Once David was seated he would have a hard time removing the sidearm. Adams foresaw that event ... he planned for it.

“I don’t serve servants,” he said, nodding to the fully armed crew.

“You’re not ... these are my partners,” I informed him, “Whither I go, they go.” I got up and made as if to leave.

“Oh, suit yourself.” He motioned the crew. “Fetch chairs from the sidewall.”

They fetched.

Adams smiled and clapped his hands. A serving girl approached with wine.

Gloria Sculptor was a vision of loveliness.

And David ... yes ... my David ... That David ... stood up and said, “Gloria Sculptor of Cassandra, I am Hero David and I am here to rescue you.”

Adams Faxon grinned. “Thought so,” he said. The place was instantly occupied by forty or so warehousemen.

“David ... you are an idiot,” I said.

“Grace ... butt out. It’s the honorable thing to do,” he said.

“I guess,” I said.

Faxon was grinning like an loon when he reached for me.

I have been operating under the opinion that most bad guys are in it for the money. Faxon was in it for the sex ... and prestige.

I also based my idea that if the paymaster is gone ... the bad guys in it for the money fade into the background ... or farther.

I distracted him by leaning forward ... and, don’t you know ... the vee neck of my little black dress dropped away from the goodies far enough that he knew I wasn’t wearing panties. And he ... simple man ... looked.

You know those really long hairpins that ladies use to keep their hats on? The needle sharp ones? You do? Great. I stuck mine four inches in Faxon’s ear and stirred it like I was scrambling eggs for an omelet.

He was still reaching for me but we noticed right away he forgot why.

David said, “Grace ... that was not the action of a heroic man.”

“Tits, David. Tits.” I was banking on that fact. Not a man.

What I hadn’t counted on ... thanks a bunch, Murphy ... was the warehousemen stayed bought. Either they were too stupid ... I don’t think there’s an OR involved here.

What nobody expected or understood ... My entire militia ... who had been hiding on the knarr ... had followed us to the dinner.

When it was over, Dear David, said, “Grace ... that wasn’t an honorable thing to do.”

“I’m not a hero,” I said.

“Are too.” said my sergeant.

And the rest of the crowd agreed.

One thing ... the bank in John’s Son’s Cove was closed.

CLOSED
VACATION
Mr. Faxon has the keys

I rolled my eyes.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.