Eric Olafson, Space Pirate  (Vol 5) - Cover

Eric Olafson, Space Pirate (Vol 5)

Copyright© 2018 by Vanessa Ravencroft

Chapter 14: Mini's

“Five Minutes to Quasi Drop.” Har-Hi said

“Sound Battle Stations. Load all Cannons. Stand by on Sharp Shooters.”

This was the very first time I called Battle Stations on my own ship for real. My Command seat moved back, the integrated Auto Dresser put me into a Battle Suit and the Direct Command Dome lowered giving me an unobstructed View of space, all around the ship. Sensor Data was linked to the visual read out. The same happened to every duty station. The range of our weapons was shown around my new view in faint color spheres. Every door and dividing air lock in the entire ship closed. Creating thousands of little compartments almost like the cells of a living being, in case of a hull breach catastrophic pressure and air loss would not affect the entire ship.

We dropped out of Quasi Space and our sensors picked up the Asteroid immediately, as well as hundreds of damaged and destroyed ships. The Asteroid was under flickering Shield and our long range sensors showed the energy signatures of Antimatter impacts inside the shields. Only Translocator weapons could do that. Our Sensors also picked up the Aggressor. Fifty ball shaped objects ten meters in diameter.

The blue Science symbol flashed and I acknowledged with an eye blink. Shea reported:” Sensor analysis in progress. Alien Objects are of no known configuration, their weaponry is similar to Translocator technology and their shields are equal to our most advanced TransDim Shields, they are much smaller in size but also much more efficient. Material analysis incomplete due to shield interference.”

I blinked at the report icon to acknowledge and asked. “Are those robots or automated drones?”

Narth’s symbol blinked and he said. “I am sensing sixty to seventy individual minds in each of these Spheres. TransDim shields interfere with Psionics, especially at that distance and I can’t sense details.”

“Elfi hail the Bazaar.”

“You’re on, Captain.”

“This is Captain ... Jane Smith of the... , the USS Enigma, calling Golden Bazaar. We are here in response of the distress calls. We can only assist Union nationals and can not engage hostiles in your sphere of influence unless you are clearly requesting us to do so.”

“This is Sodoby Merchant Eldest of the Golden. I am the highest authority here and I beg you to assist us. We lost over sixty ships and we sustained heavy damage and cannot survive another attack wave of these balls.

Our own fleet is on its way but too far out to make it in time. We contacted your Union assembly for help.”

Elfi interrupted.”I am receiving confirming orders on fleet channels. All Union Ships are permitted to engage Enemies of the Golden Ones.”

“Alright open all known Communication channels and hail the aliens.”

“All channels are open, Captain.”

“This is Captain Jane Smith of the United Stars Starship Enigma, hailing unidentified hostile forces. You are to cease all hostile activities and stand down from further fighting. I am willing to open communications and discuss the reasons for these hostilities. Any further weapon activity against Union nationals and allied assets will force me to retaliate.”

“Captain, Sensor analysis indicates they have receivers capable of hearing us, but they just destroyed another Golden ship, ignoring us.”

“Mao get their attention. Target lead sphere and fire. Shaka get us closer for main battery range.”

One of the Alien spheres suddenly vanished and a bright ball of expanding energy in its place as Mao’s well aimed sniper round exploded.

That did get their attention and the 49 remaining spheres changed course into an attack formation towards us.

Shaka reverse course and keep distance.”

Har-Hi said with a calm voice. “Receiving enemy fire. Equivalent of 15 gram AM loads. Our shields are effective neutralizing, receiving 50 shots a second. Shields at 69 percent.”

“Mao target another and fire.”

This time Mao missed. The Spheres began a wild dance flying in fast erratic patterns. He missed two more times.

“Mao forget that precision shooting. Main Battery authorized one Exo load and aim somewhere before them.”

A new mini sun bloomed suddenly into the darkness of space and ten of the spheres could not evade and flew right into the plasma ball.

The rest of the spheres slowed down and stopped firing.

“Captain we are being hailed by the Unknowns.”

In all the seriousness of the Situation Har-Hi chuckled. “When you say hello the Terran way you usually do get cooperation.”

“Put them on Elfi. Shea stand by for detail analysis and Lingu support.”

A part of the projected space around me was replaced by the main viewer and a completly normal standard human looking grey bearded man in a blue uniform, somehow very Terran in a very old fashioned way complete with white cover and black duckbill.

He spoke but I did not understand most of it, just every tenth word sounded familiar. Elfi chimed in.” I don’t believe it. He speaks English, ancient Pre Astro English. One moment adjusting translator.”

I said.”Please repeat; our systems are now adjusted to your language.”

“I am Admiral Jordan Rutherford of the New Worlds Commonwealth. We just analyzed one of your language transmissions. It was in English. Please repeat were you come from.”

“As I said I am Captain Jane Doe of the United Stars Spaceship Enigma. We represent the United Stars of the Galaxy.”

A text message of Shea appeared inside my view field and it read: No Union member on file with ships like that or called New World Commonwealth. Weapon analysis complete. Enemy weapons are similar to Translocators but not the same. Materials used in construction are not conform to Union materials or any other known species.

A second man appeared on the screen. He too wore a dark blue uniform but looked younger.” Captain Doe did you ever hear about a planet named Earth?”

“My Helmsman is a native of Terra, Region Africa. Terra was used to be called Earth.”

“Oh the Lord be praised. Earth still exists then?”

“I assure you Earth is fine, but before we continue discussing Earth. Can we agree on ceasing hostilities for the time being and then I think you need to explain why you attacked in the first place.”

The white bearded Admiral nodded.”Of course we will stand down at once. We would suggest a direct meeting and discuss all this in person.”

Narth mental message in my head.” I can sense they are genuinely interested in extensive information exchange and what is most peculiar I can sense utmost euphoria since the word Earth has been transmitted.”

“Alright Admiral. How we are we going to meet? Are you at some remote location we should approach?”

“No we are indeed inside our Ships.”

Hans muttered.” How crowded must it be in those little things?”

“I am going to lower our shields, Admiral and open one of my hangar doors. I give you my word that your flag of truce is accepted and you are free to leave at any point. However if you decide to use the opportunity to fire while we lower shields. I can assure you we will find enough time to retaliate.”

“We won’t get anywhere without trust. I accept your word and you have mine.”

“Hans get a Team of Ultras down to Hangar One just in Case.”

“On my way.”

I was standing next to Hans and TheOther and felt quite safe and small at the same time as I looked through the transparent part of the docking bay access door. The Alien Ship had just set down and it appeared almost like an intricate and very detailed model of a Space ship. It was round but had ISAH pod like engine blocks at the lower end. It had small viewports and gun turrets and landing gear. I signaled Hans to open the door and I walked towards the alien vessel. A port opened on it and a 50 centimeter open hover platform floated towards me, on it four Men, none taller than maybe ten centimeters.

The floating thing stopped at nose height before me and I recognized one of the little men as the white bearded Admiral.

“SHIP be so kind and place a field microphone before our guests and amplify.” “At once Captain, microphone is in place.”

A barely visible form field energy microphone floated before them and I could hear the Admiral loud and clear.

“I can see our Size did surprise you.”

Then he glanced towards Hans and the Y’All and said. “As your size surprises us.”

“I have a Conference Table brought in and Refreshments so we can commence these talks in a civilized manner.”

The dark haired younger Mann behind the Admiral spoke.” Do you by any chance have real Terran coffee?” That earned him a stern gaze from his senior officer but I assured him Ccoffee would be on its way.”

A table was placed and Cirruit had small Chairs and Glasses manufactured in no time.

A field screen was placed in such a way that the Small men looked normal size to me and vice versa we looked proportional small to him. I sat down and said.” It might be best you begin from the start Admiral. As we cannot explain your existence.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.