Eric Olafson, Midshipman (Vol 4) - Cover

Eric Olafson, Midshipman (Vol 4)

Copyright© 2008 by Vanessa Ravencroft

Part 51: INTERLUDE: THE FRIENDS

The man known to Steve Dunham only as Friend of Gore shook his head. “Even though we psych conditioned that looser ever since he came up with his whacko ideas, I can’t believe how easy it was.”

“Seven years of careful planning and preparation were not easy at all, but we better hurry and leave this planet. I do not want to be here when the bomb goes off and the Psi Corps searches for who is responsible.”

“Even if they research past the Church of Gore, they will think it was the Kermac and look no further. War will ensue, perhaps the Nul and Shiss dragged in as well and no matter what side wins, our friends will do brisk business once again and we will finally have our revenge and Terra pays for its crimes!”

The other being laughed silently. “They think they have eradicated us and most of them have forgotten we ever existed, but with the Union and the others locked in war, we the Freons can finally step out of the shadows of the Karthanian Guild Lords and rebuilt our civilization.”

“The Karthanian Guilds have given us a place for Freon refugees, our forefathers. Yet they have not allowed us to grow. We will be thankful for their help and shelter but they too must succumb to our rule eventually. The Freon’s second dawn begins tonight.”

“It is good we remained small and hidden for so long. No one expects us; the Union would have wiped out the Karthanian civilization if they knew they sheltered a Freon colony deep within their space. We must be thankful to the Guild of Frame builders and its long line of Guild Masters for keeping us alive and hidden. Without the Guild Master Frathook, getting these things from the Worm. We would not have all these marvellous Union things we gave to the Gore Defenders. It was also great fortune that this renegade Union Admiral found shelter with our friend the Guild Master.”

Their flier broke through the last remnants of atmosphere. It would be a long flight even with their space capable craft to reach the sixth planet of the system, were a Union Legal privateer had parked his ship to take them back. He programmed the way points and answered his colleague.

“Indeed, we must be thankful to this Swybin and the many great things he managed to secure before he had to flee. I wonder what he would say if he knew he aided Freons.”


The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.