Eric Olafson, Midshipman (Vol 4) - Cover

Eric Olafson, Midshipman (Vol 4)

Copyright© 2008 by Vanessa Ravencroft

Part 47: ERIC

I had followed a direction light to an Auto Dresser. Centron the ships AI said. “It is all set as per special instructions. Please step inside.”

I did and the system went through the whole hygiene cycle and as I stepped out I checked myself in a mirror field. The machine had dressed me in the Class A Formal dress, reserved usually for flag officers, with shiny black boots, black pants and high collared uniform jacket. The left side of my chest was filled with ribbons and actual medals, not the usual ribbon display. On the right side the Devastator stylized as a small silver pin. But the machine had also put a billowing black fur brimmed Nilfeheim cape on me. I still carried the .45 and attached to my belt a sword, not the rapier like blade officers were allowed to carry with their dress uniform, but a heavy Nilfeheim style broadsword.

The outfit felt constricting and tight. “Centron, are you sure I am supposed to carry a broad sword and a fur cape of all things? It doesn’t seem standard issue.”

“Indeed these items have been added by highest authority, Sir. Now please follow the way light to the next IST. The Saran shuttle is waiting for you.”

Sure enough there was a D 20 in Saran Colors and markings waiting.Next to the lowered ramp stood a Saran in a white and gold uniform and next to him two women completely dressed in black from head to toe in skintight body suits and head hugging hoods, that covered everything even the eyes.

The man in the white Uniform greeted me. “You are Midshipman Captain Olafson?”

“Yes I am.”

“Please don’t be alarmed by the presence of the Seth Shadows, they are here to provide you with security as a Saran VIP.”

“Do you carry any weaponry other than that sword, the knife and the side arm?” One of the women asked with a commanding tone in her voice.

“I am carrying what my Captain wants me to carry and nothing more.”

The two women went inside without another word and the Uniformed Saran asked me to step aboard as well. While the shuttle departed and left the Devi behind.

The women sat in leather seats across me and I felt their eyes, despite them completley obscured on me and perhaps they also used hidden scanners probing me to the last details.

One of them said “He is just a man; he won’t be a security risk.” I was not sure which one.

I didn’t respond. I knew little about the Saran culture other than that they were ruled by women and that fact was the cause of a long civil war when a large portion of their colonies rebelled and became the Pan Sarans. Their civil war had ended as both joined Terra to form the Union, but they had not reunited.

I knew from Elfi they were ruled by Queens and had a culture similar to an ancient pre industrial Earth civilization called the Egyptians. To this day no one knew for sure who influenced whom. It was only certain that the Sarans had visited Earth at least once fifteen thousand years ago.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.