Eric Olafson, Midshipman (Vol 4) - Cover

Eric Olafson, Midshipman (Vol 4)

Copyright© 2008 by Vanessa Ravencroft

Part 46: INTERLUDE: CAPTAIN'S OFFICE

Elfi had not been dismissed and waited for the Captain to do so as she watched Eric leave. She too wondered about the Captain. A man she had only seen on visuals stepped into the light. He must have been there the entire time sitting on a visitor’s sofa outside the light cone of the Captain’s desk lamp. Harris first looked at the princess and then at the Admiral. “Even if he doesn’t do anything he ends up in the middle of things. Tell me. In all my years in this Navy I have never, I mean never come across a group like yours princess. Thousands of souls aboard this ship and I am involved in Midshipman affairs almost daily.”

Elfi did not know what to say and she was actually a bit afraid and in deep awe, caused by the presence of the ancient admiral.

Hans was right, he appeared human at first, but that impression didn’t last very long. His eyes had an eerie all penetrating quality. He smiled at her and his voice was deep, full of authority even now as he spoke friendly and soft. “You do have the same nose as your incredibly beautiful great grandmother Nefirata. She was a very close and dear friend of mine, princess.”

He spoke of Queen Nefirata, who was considered influential and important in her time over 200 years ago. Elfi did not even know she curtsied before she already had, instead of saluting and whispered a thank you.

“Now I think you need to rush as well, Child. The queen had sent a Saran shuttle and an honor guard to pick you up. They are waiting for you in Shuttle Hangar 546.”

“Yes Sir. Thank you Sir!”

Stahl watched her leave. “She has also her grandmother’s strength. Did you know Nefirata fought with us? She was not only a queen but commanding a fleet of Battle ships from the bridge of her own. She too earned her commission. Not quite from the bottom, but she earned my respect.”

“No Richard, I didn’t know that.”

Stahl’s eyes sparkled with mischief. “Oh and about the boy, I mean Mr. Olafson. He does have a knack for being in the middle of it, and for the rest it is me who makes sure that he is.”

Harris got up. “I better stuff myself in that tight dress uniform and get ready. I should have known you had your hands in all this. At least we know where he is and we can keep an eye on the rest of the Olafson gang there is no chance they could possibly run into trouble at the Crystal Ball, not on Pluribus the heart of our civilization and with all the security!” Harris words sounded more like a prayer than a prediction.


The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.