Eric Olafson, Midshipman (Vol 4)
Part 36: INTERLUDE: DEVASTATOR BRIDGE

Copyright© 2008 by Vanessa Ravencroft

“I think it is safe to say, the Nul took the bait and there is a security leak as NAVINT expected.” Captain Harris said looking at the massive Nul fleet of no less than eighty carriers and sixty Nul Battle ships entering the Algeri System, already releasing their fighters.

Stahl standing next to him, grunted.” Yes information about the convoy was sent to the Nul and the culprits have been identified, but the Nul responding with the largest strike force I have seen them dispatch since the last Nul Shiss war to take out the base.”

Harris gave orders to dispatch fighters and to tactical and then said.” Maybe I should do an Olafson on them. Tactical you are authorized for Exo Loads, salvo tact. All sniper batteries have fire permission.”

Stahl did not laugh because the situation was serious but he could not prevent a smile.” Maybe we should put that into the books. I am sure we can deal with those but let us hope squadron 12 can hold out that long. One Squadron against a full carrier load of Nul fighters is more than a challenge, no matter how good they are.”

Harris agreed.” Yes but I can’t spare any fighters right now. There are 8,000 Nul fighters launched protecting planetary bombers, if they get through the Base is toast. I do my best to clean up as fast as I can.”

Stahl turned to a Yeoman. “Have Midshipman Olafson report to the bridge. I think he might want to see this.”

The Yeoman acknowledged and came back a moment later.” Sorry Sir, Midshipman Olafson is not aboard. He begun fighter training this morning and is out with Squadron Twelve.”

“Verfluchter Hund. How does he do it and always get in the middle of things?”

“Sir it was Commander Cotton who requested him and Midshipman Hi and it is rare but not uncommon for very good Midshipmen to receive fighter pilot training in the third year.” The Yeoman said

“Yes but Cotton should not take them out on a real mission the very first day.”

Harris put his hand on Stahl’s shoulder.” Cotton is one of the best we have; he knows what he is doing.”

The sniper batteries already took a deadly toll and each shot decimated a Nul fighter.


 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.