Eric Olafson, Midshipman (Vol 4) - Cover

Eric Olafson, Midshipman (Vol 4)

Copyright© 2008 by Vanessa Ravencroft

Part 33: INTERLUDE STAHL

Stahl stood behind Harris and the rest of the Officers watching the progress of the intruder simulation on Deck 54.

Harris leaned sideways and whispered. “We need to find tougher challenges for that group. They waltzed through it like it was kids play.”

One of the observing officers heard it and said. “We need to improve our Training bots too. That girl hacked into a level nine crypt program without the aid of a dedicated PDD and in less time it takes me to program my damn auto dresser.”

Harris who knew the Old Admiral for a long time was the only one who noticed the almost invisible smile in Stahl’s face. “Have them stand down and debriefed otherwise they end up reprogramming Centron and activate Cerberus Bots to sweep the ship.”

Harris gave the command and then said. “In all my years I have not seen a more diverse group than those nine.”

There was pride in Stahl’s eyes. “Wait till you see Number ten. That team is not complete yet.” Then his smile widened. “That idea with the moving fortress was a fine tactical decision in that situation.”

“You really like that Viking, don’t you?”

“If I ever have a son I would want him to be a lot like that boy.”

Even Harris was surprised by that answer.


The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.