Eric Olafson, Midshipman (Vol 4) - Cover

Eric Olafson, Midshipman (Vol 4)

Copyright© 2008 by Vanessa Ravencroft

Part 21: INTERLUDE: SIF

Sif was again a prisoner, this time not in a dungeon, but a well-lit, holding cell at the local police station. She had found out that she was on Perryton, a Union world and the place she had escaped was called the Church of Darkness. She had been charged with multiple homicides and Califerm dealing. Her Nilfeheim leathers and the sword had been confiscated and she wore a plastic coverall like the other prisoners to her left and right. She was told her parents were notified what made her cry in shame and hurt her more than the fact of her arrest.

She wondered what her father would say when he heard his daughter was arrested for murder and drugs. What would her mother think and her big brother? She also thought of Eric who was still in danger. Whoever had abducted her wanted her as bait, their true goal was to get Eric for whatever reason.She was sureb they wanted to kill Eric and she had told them all they wanted to know. She even told them about his secret. Did she cause him to lose his commission? She would never forgive herself if she had caused him harm.

She had been interrogated by a plain cloth detective, but she had told him nothing. She would tell no one anything again. The detective painted her a bleak picture and showed her a visual of a public hanging, telling her that this is what would happen to her. He told her that a judge might opt for psycho surgery if she would tell everything and confess.

The Cops didn’t beat her or torture her, but they kept the bright lights on and kept interrogating her. She felt tired and exhausted, helpless and angry. Yet she held on, someone had rescued her from the dungeon and that was not a dream.

Suddenly there was loud arguing and an audible commotion outside her cell. She got up from the plastic cube, that was the only furnishing in the cell and just long and wide enough to lie down. With two steps she was at the force field curtain that separated her from the corridor and saw two cops and the detective walking backwards.

An old man she knew well accompanied by a beautiful silver haired woman and a completely shrouded man had arrived. Seeing the shrouded being she was afraid he belonged to the same group that captured her. The dark robed man gestured and the force field disappeared. Egill, always so grumpy and straight, ran and wrapped her up in his arms. Tears dropped from his old eyes into his now well trimmed white beard. “I am so sorry Sif.” Was all he said.

All her strength left her and she cried bitterly and began to talk and she didn’t stop and repeated herself and every other word was sorry. Egill brushed the hair out of her face. “I have failed you, my child. Forgive me.”

“You can’t just waltz in here and release a dangerous murderess and Califerm felon.” The Detective complained. “It does not matter who you are, we still have laws.”

The silver haired woman spoke. “Laws you have not followed. She is a citizen and has the right for legal representation. Where is her lawyer? Besides she is as of this moment under Saresii diplomatic protection.”

“This is not Sares and you have no right. File the proper forms and go the official way, the woman stays in her cell until a Judge tells otherwise.”

“I will have your badge for this, detective. You must follow the law just as everyone.” The Saresii said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.