Eric Olafson, Fleet Cadet (Vol 3) - Cover

Eric Olafson, Fleet Cadet (Vol 3)

Copyright© 2018 by Vanessa Ravencroft

Chapter 13: Annapurna Port Interlude

Wulf activated his cloak and put the suit in flight mode. Like a human missile he flew towards the ware house. Another energy beam emitted from the alien craft and slammed into the ground, where he had been a second ago. “Rusty, activate weapons and open remote control. He slaved the ships weapon control to his suit and a pair of green crosshairs appeared before his eyes. As soon as he lined up the cross hairs he pressed with his thumb on a small contact on the side of his index finger and a rotary chain gun on the side of his ship fired a burst of 20,000 heavy Neutronium coated slugs accelerated to almost the speed of light against the alien ship.

A bright yellowish energy shield became visible, it flickered and collapsed a heart beat later under the tremendous kinetic energy onslaught. A hatch opened and a huge four armed alien emerged. At first he thought it was a Pertharian, but Peter was a Union Marine when the Y’All attacked, the last time. This was a Y’All.”

His Tri Beam weapon was the product of the 54th century of an alternative reality and he fired into the alien ship right next to the Y’Alls head.” Drop your weapons, buster. You are under arrest for murder.”

--””--

Court Martial

I must have passed out, because I woke up as two men dragged me out of the cell and put me on the diagnostic bed of a Med-Bot Unit. The machine cleaned me and tended to my injuries. The robot talked to someone I couldn’t see from my position. “Patient is in serious condition and severely dehydrated. The injuries sustained correspond to physical abuse. I must consult a doctor.”

A person answering out of my field of view. “You consult no one. Do your job; fix him up so he looks presentable.”

I said: “Robot, I am Cadet Eric Olafson. I am held without charges and I have been tortured. Contact my superior officer, Commander Letsgo and file a report on my condition.”

“Acknowledged.”

A bright flash hit the robot and the machine fell over in a tangled mass of molten Vari-plast, circuits and metal, I barley felt the added pain of the burns.

“He won’t do any reporting and you will die.” Said the voice.

Someone else in the room had panic in his voice.

“Admiral Swybin. We need to get him out of here. Chances are the robot already filed everything before you shot. It is certain however that the destruction of the med bot and discharge of a blaster raised alarms and someone is on its way.”

Someone pressed an object against my neck and I heard a sharp hissing sound. My vision blurred and went dark.

When I regained consciousness, I wore my uniform and was sitting in a small room with just a bench and a door. Only my hands where restrained in handcuffs. My head still spun and I was thirstier than ever before.

It wasn’t long when a marine came in and ordered me to my feet. “They are waiting for you.”

I struggled to my feet, fighting wobbly knees and went through the now open door into a court room. There was a panel of three Officers sitting behind a raised desk. I saw Olia, the Lieutenant and all the others sitting behind a barrier. A sense of relief came over me seeing them being alive and well.

I also noticed Commander Letsgo and the other instructors A bell rang and everybody rose. Someone said:” This United States Navy proceeding against Midshipman 3rd Class Olafson is now in session. Commodore Stone proceeding.”

Everyone sat down and the marine behind me pushed me forcefully into a seat.

A blue skinned Lieutenant to the left stood and picked up a handheld PDD. “Midshipman Olafson is charged with causing bodily harm to a superior officer, destroying private property, theft and disobeying direct orders. He is further charged with treason by committing acts of espionage and collecting sensitive information for a foreign power.”

He then looked straight at me.” Midshipman Olafson waived his right to legal counsel and refused to speak a SAG officer, but then the evidence is clear and this Kermac spy knows when he has lost. I present as Exhibit A his handwritten confession he did under his own free will and with me as witness present.”

I wanted to protest but my mouth would not obey me. I couldn’t talk.

The prosecuting officer looked at me.”How do you plead, Midshipman Olafson?”

I was jerked to my feet by the Marine.

I tried my best to say anything but no sound escaped my mouth.

The prosecutor sneered. “The Midshipman refuses to answer.”

Olia got up. “I object. Midshipman Olafson was not consulted by a SAG officer, he is physically unable to speak don’t you see that? He needs medical attention.”

The Commander banged his gavel. “You will only speak if you are ordered into the witness stand. If you continue to interrupt the proceedings I will have you held in contempt of court.”

Olia did not sit down.” I shall report this to SAG and file a complaint. This is not right.”

“You have been warned Midshipman. You are to vacate this court room. This court will not be black mailed by a mere Midshipman. Marines take that person out of my court room and make sure she is restricted to quarters until further notice.”

Two marines approached Olia and escorted her out.

Limbur was about to get up and say something, but Commander Letsgo glared at him.

“Be silent Cadet. This is how we deal with spies and traitors. I have seen the evidence.”

My last hope vanished. Even Letsgo was involved.

Stone became agitated and hissed from the bench and pounded his gavel.

“I have the court room cleared if there are any more interruptions.”

Stone turned to the prosecuting officer.

“Please continue. I want this to be over before dinner. Lieutenant Granger, please continue.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.