Summer Heat
Chapter 18

Copyright© 2018 by radio_guy

I left work a little early and picked up Rachel at the apartment. We drove over to her parents’ house. I parked the truck and we went to the front door and knocked. Her mother opened the door and looked at us with distaste. She did step aside to let us inside. We went in and sat side by side on the couch. Rachel’s father was sitting at his chair. Her mother sat down. Rachel said, “Gerald has asked me to marry him and I have agreed. We are here to announce that happy event and invite you to the wedding which will be at the Methodist church where we are attending.”

Her father said, “We don’t hold with heathen churches nor will we attend any event at one.”

Rachel responded before I could, “Mister Stevenson, that’s unfortunate. You will miss a happy event and the opportunity to walk your only daughter down the aisle. I am sorry for you that you are filled with so much hate. Covering your heart with so much black hate doesn’t permit the love of Jesus to shine in and illuminate your soul. Good bye, sir.” She stood and took my hand.

I quickly decided to keep my mouth shut. Mister Stevenson said, “I do not permit you to leave.”

Rachel quickly said, “Your permission is no longer required. I will not be controlled by heathen, ungodly practices. My future husband and I are leaving not to return. My brother will walk me down the aisle at the church where I have found people who love God and who love me. Good bye.” She took my hand and we left closing the door behind us.

I helped her into the truck as always. I cranked the motor and pulled away from the house. I looked over at her and tears were flowing down her cheeks. I pulled to the curb a few blocks down and stopped. I took her in my arms as she cried. When she stopped crying, I drove on to the church. We got out and she held my arm and hand into the fellowship hall. We got there to see Matt and Irene with my parents.

Mom hugged her. “You had to try, Rachel. I’m proud of you. We love you. It will all work out.” We ate and participated in the Bible study. We set up an appointment for pre-marital counseling.

Eventually, we returned to the apartment. We slept together again. In the morning, we each went to our jobs.

That evening, I went to her apartment and met her there. I had knocked and she met me at the door with a kiss and tight embrace. “Darling Gerald, I’m glad you’re here. I’ve missed you.”

I smiled. “I’ve missed you, too, Rachel. Looking at your brother just isn’t the same.” I grinned. “You have much better legs.”

Irene smirked, “I like ‘em.”

Rachel pulled me inside and closed the door behind Matt. We kissed again.

With our arms around each other’s waists, we went into the kitchen. Irene was finishing up with help from Matt. Rachel steered us over to set the table. Irene said, “It’s ready.” She and Matt carried the platter and bowls to the table. We all sat down and prayed. We then served plates and ate. It was good. After supper, we went into the living room area to watch a little TV and sit around. Rachel and I sat next to each other on the sofa. It was quiet and comfortable.

Matt and Irene went to bed and we stayed up talking. “Rachel, I can’t stay here much more. You are beautiful and sexy. There is a limit to the amount of temptation that I can sustain.” I smiled. “Even here, you are a temptation.”

“I understand, Gerald. We need to set a date soon. I want to be married to you.” She squirmed a bit and then said, “We could get married at the courthouse but I would like it to be performed in church. We will talk to Pastor Ken on Monday evening and make it happen.”

It was late but I went home. In the morning, my mother asked me if anything was wrong and I told her that there wasn’t but we were tempted to the point that we couldn’t sleep together innocently. Mom grinned at me. I said, “I may get her over here. There is an extra bed here. We can keep things from getting too heated.”

“She will be welcome any time for as long as she wants to stay.”

“Thanks, Mom.” I left for work.

That afternoon, Rachel called me. “I’m at the apartment.”

“Good. Pack and head to my folks’ place. You’re welcome for a while. I want us to be together but not too close.”

She chuckled. “Your mother won’t chaperon us.”

“No, but it will inhibit me sufficiently. Rachel, I love you and want us married soon but we can wait the little time left.”

“Okay, my love. I’ll see you there.”

When I left work, Matt asked if I were headed to the apartment. “No, Rachel is going to spend a few days at my place in the guest room.”

“You think you need a chaperon?”

“No, I know we need a chaperon.” We grinned at each other. We left to our separate places. I went inside at my house to be met by Rachel who plastered her body to mine and kissed me hard and long.

My mother applauded. I blushed. Rachel and I went inside with our arms around each other’s waist. She and my mother were grinning so I decided to keep my mouth shut. Talking wouldn’t improve the situation though I did enjoy Rachel’s greeting.

Mom said, “Jerry, he didn’t seem too inhibited, did he?”

Dad laughed. “I wouldn’t be inhibited if I were he either. Good evening, Son.”

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.