Summer Heat
Chapter 14

Copyright© 2018 by radio_guy

We went inside and got in line. After the blessing, we filled plates and found seats. Neither Alicia nor Delores looked happy that I had Rachel with me. I was.

We sat with my parents with Matt and Irene to our left. Rachel smiled. “Gerald, who are those girls giving me the dirty looks?”

“Alicia and Delores. I dated Alicia until she broke up with me. She said I wasn’t good enough for her and am dull. She has a guy but I think she wants me to suffer from losing her. Delores and I were friends in high school but she had always turned me down when I asked her out. I think she may regret it now. I’m not sure if she really knows how she feels about me.”

Rachel smiled at me. “They’re out of luck. I have no intention of letting you go unless that’s what you want.” She grabbed my arm and hugged her body to mine as we sat side by side.

I had introduced her to my parents who liked her though they were prepared to do that. At one point, Dad whispered, “She’s the prettiest girl you’ve ever dated. She seems to have her head screwed on right, too.” I just nodded smiling.

We enjoyed our meals and then went to the sanctuary for the Bible study. Rachel sat next to me and held my hand the entire time. She looked on with me in my Bible.

After the closing prayer, Rachel hugged my arm as we stood together. She said, ‘Mister and Missus Addison, I enjoyed your church and the Bible study. The food was as good as Gerald had said. I hope to be invited back.”

Mom said, “I believe you’re invited to Sunday school and church. Gerry and I look forward to seeing you here. I hope you’ll come for lunch with us afterwards.”

I nodded smiling. Rachel smiled happily.

We piled into Matt’s car for the ride back to his apartment. The four of us sat in the living room for a while talking lightly.

I left for home late. Rachel kissed me lightly when I left. In our talking, we agreed to go out Friday evening. I was looking forward to the weekend.

I went home after work Friday and dressed up a slight bit with a nicer shirt and a light weight sports coat. We had talked Thursday and would be going to a movie after eating. We went to a steakhouse enjoying our meal after praying a blessing on the food and our time together. From there, I drove us to the theater. I bought tickets and we watched the movie. It was a late show. We went to the apartment. We pulled in and Rachel led me inside. We sat on the sofa holding hands. Rachel put on some quiet music. I put my arm around her and we sat close enjoying our evening. We kissed a few times.

When I left, it was very late but we were going to meet for breakfast in the morning. I slept soundly. In the morning, I was back at the apartment with Rachel meeting me at the door with a hug and a kiss. Matt and Irene were up and the four of us helped with breakfast. We served it and prayed. We then ate.

Matt and Irene were going shopping and Rachel volunteered us to clean up. They left and we cleaned up the breakfast dishes and cookware.

We finished and Rachel put her arms around me and kissed me. I helped. We were both breathless when we ended the kiss. She said very softly, “I liked that.”

“I did, too.” I smiled at her smiling face. “Are we ready to go?”

“Yes. What are we going to do?”

“Since we aren’t chaperoned, we should be doing it outside.” I grinned. She grinned with me. She also nodded.

She grabbed a small purse and we left the apartment smiling happily. Rachel was wearing shorts, sneakers and a pull-over blouse. I was dressed similarly. I said, “Why don’t we go somewhere where we can walk. We’re dressed for that.”

She nodded and we got in my truck. We went up to the square and walked around again. It was peaceful and we enjoyed our time. There were restaurants around the square and we ate lunch in one. We left there and went to a park and walked it for a while. We held hands or had our arms around each other. We were close to my truck and Rachel said, “I need to get a couple of things at Walmart, if you don’t mind.”

“As long as I’m with you, I’ll do most anything you want.” That got me kissed. I grinned. “Do that some more and I ‘will’ do anything you want.”

She smiled. “I just might.” I drove us to the local Walmart. Inside, she led me to the pharmacy area where she picked up some headache remedy pills and band aids. She said, “That’s all I needed.” We went over to the registers, paid, and left. Once in the truck, we rode toward the apartment. Once there, she said, “Come inside. I don’t want you to leave my side yet.”

I nodded. I didn’t want to leave her either. We went inside and sat on the sofa and kissed a few thousand times. I finally said, “Two things. Where’s Matt and Irene? What do you want to do about supper?”

“Matt and Irene are at her parents’ house until late tonight. I guess we should eat but I don’t care what.” She kissed me again.

I slowly pulled us vertical. “Rachel, let’s go eat. Staying here is delightful but...” I let my voice trail off.

She smiled slowly. “You’re right. However, know that I very much like what I’m doing and who I’m doing it with.”

“That’s fine because I feel that way, too.”

It took a while but we made it out of the apartment and into my truck. I took Rachel to a nice little place that, unlike most others around, was quiet even though it was busy. It was a place for quiet, romantic meals.

We ordered and blessed our appetizers, meals and time together thus far and in the future. The food was excellent and we talked about what we wanted for our futures. I liked what I heard and hoped she liked what she heard. Our meal was over and we left to return to the apartment.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.