Summer Heat
Chapter 13

Copyright© 2018 by radio_guy

Monday morning at break, I talked to Matt. I told him how much I enjoyed being with his sister and of the potential problems she will face.

He said, “I understand. Irene and I have offered her a place to stay if she needs it. I think, if she wants any relationship with you and it appears you both want one, matters may come to a head. We’ll see. When do you plan to see her next?”

“I plan to ask her to my church’s Wednesday night supper and Bible study. If she says come to see her, I will be in the truck immediately. She’s a super lady.”

“Do you plan to call her tonight?”

“Yes, all I have is the number at her parents’ house. If she is elsewhere, someone will have to let me know.”

“If you don’t get her when you call, expect to get short shrift from her parents. Call me then. I’ll call to get you two in touch.”

“Okay. Thanks.”

We ate lunch and completed our day. Once home, I called and her mother made like I was a wrong number. She hung up quickly even though I identified her and myself. I called Matt. Twenty minutes later, Rachel called me.

“Hello, Gerald. We finally get to talk.”

“Hello, Rachel. Is everything okay. I don’t want to cause trouble.”

“You aren’t though you’re worth some trouble. Give me your number again. I’m getting a cellphone of my own tomorrow and will call you tomorrow with the number.”

“I’m sorry you’re having to take that step.”

“I am, too. However, it’s not directly your fault. My calls shouldn’t be blocked against my wishes.”

My parents and I are about to have an uncomfortable evening because of their overbearing and unreasonable attitude. Enough of that. Why did you call?”

“Two reasons. The important one is to hear your voice. You have a lovely speaking voice and I enjoy hearing you talk.” She chuckled. “The other reason is to ask you to accompany me to my church’s Wednesday night supper and Bible study. I think you would increase the interest level by many for the whole evening.”

“Why? Are there that many teenaged boys in your church?”

“There are a number of guys and grown men who will find you as good-looking as I. The women will love you because you’re so nice to everyone.”

“Gerald, are you going to turn everything into a compliment?”

“Only when it’s deserved in my opinion.”

“Gerald, I think all the women will be jealous because I will be sitting next to this hunk.”

“Are you going to sit next to my father?”

“No, his son. Quit kidding.”

“I will but you’re still gorgeous.”

“That’s just your opinion.”

“That’s true but it’s an accurate opinion.”

“Gerald, you’re incorrigible!”

No, but I am encourage able.” We chuckled.

“True. It doesn’t take much either.”

“I am cuddly, too.”

She chuckled again. “Only to a slight bit. You are entertaining. I’ve enjoyed being with you. I look forward to Wednesday evening. I will call you tomorrow night.”

“Okay, Bye, Rachel.

“Bye, Gerald.”

I thought it would be interesting to hear about the discussion that would now be occurring. I knew it would be tough for Rachel.

Work the next day was good and also quiet. I headed home. Just as I pulled into the drive, I received a call from a number I hadn’t heard before. I answered, ‘Hello, this is Gerald.”

“Hello, Gerald. This is Rachel Stevenson. This is my new phone. I’m headed to my car. If everything stays quiet, I will call you from the house. If it doesn’t, I may be asking for your assistance in moving tonight.”

“Rachel, I will put this number in gold in my phone’s memory. I am ready to do anything you request.”

“Thank you, Gerald. You are kind.”

“For you, Rachel, that’s easy.”

“Okay, bye.”

“Bye.”

I waited. Half an hour later, Rachel called. She was upset. “Gerald, come here, please. It’s bad. I’m calling Matt to come with Irene, too.”

“Okay, I’m leaving now.”

“Wait for Matt before you come to the door.”

“Okay, bye.”

I didn’t lollygag but drove normally to her parents’ house. I arrived the same time as Matt. I parked on the street. Irene was with Matt and the three of us went to the door together. As we walked down the driveway, I could see Rachel looking out a front window. She met us at the door;

“Thank you for coming. Buying a cellphone set them off. It really doesn’t matter what it was because control is what this is about. Irene, help me finish packing. Bro’, Gerald, please carry things out.” We left for her bedroom. Of course, I’d never been there before, of course, and doubt if I would be there now except for the circumstances.

Rachel had boxes which we took to my truck. We would use the back of Matt’s car and Rachel’s car for clothes. Matt and I agreed to that on the way out.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.