Summer Heat
Chapter 9

Copyright© 2018 by radio_guy

I walked in to be met by an excited Beth. She kissed and embraced me with my willing help. We enjoyed our getting back together.

“Gerald, Marie has left supper so all I have to do is heat it.” I nodded. “I do need to talk to you about my new company.” I nodded again.

We went into the kitchen and started the supper heating. We sat at the table.

Beth said, “I have to pack tonight and leave tomorrow morning for two weeks for training on the west coast. I was told that it usually waits a week or so but this class was just starting and my new boss wants me to get it out of the way. She’s a tough cookie. I think she’ll be a good boss but she wants her people to have every advantage in the company. That’s why she wants me to get the training immediately.”

“So, you’ll be gone for two weeks?”

“Yes, they don’t pay for me to come home over the weekend. If you want me to come back, I will. I was told that there would be events during that middle weekend for the trainees both for relaxation and to meet and get to know executives with the company.”

“Obviously, for getting into the swing of how your new company operates, you should stay, Beth. I will miss you but I understand.”

She hugged my neck. The buzzer sounded that our meal was heated. We separated and I helped her get the food out and served. After praying, we ate.

She said, “At least Marie just finished washing all my clothes.” We were finishing our meal. “I will have to pack and meet the other woman from this office who is going. She’s been working for the company for just over a week. She’s a sales trainee. She seems nice. She suggested we room together so we’ll know someone from the beginning. I’ll get to know her on the flight.”

I asked, “What time do you two meet?”

She quietly said, “At six thirty.”

“Wow! I better get on the road so you can pack and get to bed and sleep.” I thought. “What about your car?”

“I’m getting a limo to pick me up, meet her and then take us both to the airport. Her guy will drive her to the office since they live together.” She smiled. “As much as I hate to say it, you’re right. I will need to pack and sleep. I had different plans for this evening. I wanted to rest and talk while you held me.”

“I can do that when you return. When do you return?”

“It will be a Saturday morning flight that won’t arrive until early evening. Would you pick me up at the airport? Madison’s guy is going to do that. She was on the phone constantly to him today. I’m glad we don’t do that. I was uncomfortable and uncomfortable for her. We were in some meetings when she was on the phone with him.”

“That isn’t a good idea. Beth, we can talk when you want in the evenings. The only thing I am doing is Wednesday night supper and Bible study at church. I’ll be glad to talk at any time.”

“I know and I appreciate that, Gerald. I would rather be here talking to you in person but I’ll take what I can get.” We sat in the living room after we finished eating and kissed a few hundred times. I left early at around eight thirty so Beth could pack and get enough sleep.

I received a text in the late afternoon from Beth stating that she had arrived and her hotel room was nice. They were having a dinner and reception. From that, I guessed that this was a big deal for her company. She didn’t call.

Wednesday, I received another text giving a quick outline of her day. At the supper, Delores sat with her family across from me and my parents. She talked to me a lot. I enjoyed her conversation as I always had. I kept my answers noncommittal and she didn’t push or pry.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.