Summer Heat
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2018 by radio_guy

“Son, tell me about Beth. It looks like you two are becoming close.”

“Yes, sir. She wants me to golf and swim with her at the country club and stay there for supper. We’ll be in church Sunday. I really like her and enjoy her presence. There could be a problem at work because the company has a rule about employee relationships. That might cause difficulty though it can be waived by our boss. The biggest issue right now is that she isn’t a Christian though she’s drawn to God by what she sees.

“Dad, I don’t know yet. She’s lonely and rich. I understand the first. You have heard about her life. I just don’t know. However, for things to go any further, she has to become a Christian. I won’t get further into a relationship with a girl and be unequally yoked. I tried that with Alicia and it doesn’t work for me.”

“Okay, son. I wanted to be sure you weren’t taking leave of your senses and it appears you haven’t. She is a beautiful girl.”

“I don’t think so though she is beautiful. She and I will need to have a serious talk.”

“Okay. Go to bed. Your mother and I love you.”

“Good night, Dad.”

I went to my room and slept solidly.

In the morning, I left after packing my swim suit and some nicer clothes for the evening. I loaded the case and my clubs in the bed of the truck and drove to her house. The guard checked my name off and waved me through. I drove to her house and parked in the drive. I walked up to her door and rang the bell.

Beth was there and looked beautiful. She gave me a lingering kiss and said, “Follow me.” She headed into her kitchen. I shut the door and followed her gorgeous bottom encased in a tiny pair of short shorts. In the kitchen, she was putting the finishing touches on breakfast which she served on plates at the counter. Like the rest of her house, it was exquisitely designed with that design being carried to reality in an expensive fashion.

She served the plates and coffee, took my hand, and waited. I hesitated. “Gerald, bless the food and our time together.” I did as she asked and she echoed my amen.

She said, “You always pray before a meal. It’s a simple thing so I decided that I would adopt that practice. If I’m where I can’t do it out loud, I will pray silently. I’ve always thought I believed but never really put any legs or meaning to that and made it meaningful. You have given me the courage of your convictions.”

I thought to myself, “Wow!” Out loud, I said, “I’ve never thought of myself as an example.”

“I know and that’s a part of your charm. You just live who you are honestly. I first noticed your convictions when it was time to sign for the employee handbook. I’ve read it now. I never planned to and signed the acknowledgement as a matter of course. I didn’t think about it. You did.

“Gerald, you may not have noticed but I watch you in so many ways. I watch you with me. I watch you with your parents. I watch you with other people. You are consistent in how you treat people. I like that. I’m trying to emulate that. You don’t pay more attention to someone because of their status. I’m learning that. That’s why you were able to talk to the production guys. They sensed you were interested in them and in their ideas. They responded to your interest.”

She chuckled a bit ruefully, “I know that I get guys to notice me because of my looks. I like how you do it better. It’s more honest, more genuine.”

We had eaten while talking and were finished. She picked up the plates and put them in the sink. She checked the stove to make sure everything was cut off. She had a small case and her clubs at the door. I carried them out to the truck.

I drove to her club and, at her request, used valet parking. I pulled our things from the bed of the truck and followed her inside. She had reserved a suite! I followed her watching a magical backside walk before me. Beth in short shorts was a fantastic sight! The room had two cards and, once inside, I saw that there were two bedrooms.

“Gerald, put my things in that bedroom and your things in the other. I did what she told me and returned to her. As soon as we were close, she pulled me closer and kissed me for a long, passionate time. She grinned, “I liked that and can tell you did, too. Are you dressed for golf except shoes?” I managed to nod. “Good. Get your shoes and we’ll head for the course. There are lockers for us to change shoes.” I nodded dumbly and did what she wanted. We left carrying our shoes and pulling our bags. Well, she pulled her bag. I carried mine.

There were a few lockers outside and we used one to place our regular shoes while we donned our golf shoes. Once our things were inside it and the door closed, she pulled the key and gave it to me to carry. She smiled impishly. “That key would make such an unsightly bulge in my shorts.” She grinned. “You already have one bulge in yours.” I put the key in a pocket of my shorts. I was surprised.

She took my hand and led me out where we were assigned a cart and two partners to create a foursome. Our partners were two women in their late thirties or early forties. From their rings, they were both married. While attractive with good figures, they paled in comparison to the vixen piloting my cart. We went to the first tee and introduced ourselves as we teed up. I had noticed Beth’s bag. It was very nice particularly compared to my old bag, a hand-me-down from my dad.

My clubs were better than the bag though were also used. We teed off from the middle position. I was the longest drive but Beth’s shot wasn’t far behind mine. The two ladies, Betty and Cathy, made good shots and followed them up with good placements on the green. Beth came up to make her shot and hit within five feet of the hole solidly on the green. My shot landed further away but playable.

The four of us approached the green with our putters. Betty and Cathy putted marking their spots. I moved up for my moderately long putt and putted. I made the shot for a birdie! Beth moved into position for her putt wiggling her butt since I was standing behind her as she readied her putter and then made her putt, too. She looked at me grinning.

Cathy said, “We are playing with a couple of pros.” She and Betty grinned at us.

I said, “Beginner’s luck.” We grinned back at them. All four of us were pretty good and our play was comparatively rapid. When the four of us finished, we ate together in the clubhouse having hamburgers with slaw and fries.

Betty said, “Gerald, you are good, very good.”

“Thanks.” I slipped in.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.