The Last Police Chief
Chapter 24

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

I continued reading the reports on Caroline Moore’s murder and on the subsequent investigation. It struck me that even though this vampire dude had been mentioned in a couple of different reports, he was never picked up. I struck me that he might be an informant. That would explain his absence from the files.

It was only two years before that she had died. It seemed unlikely that the local cops would have fucked the case up just because she and the vampire were not of the same race. Surely the school was filled with interracial couples. Hell everyplace else was for sure. I knew I needed to find a source on the CHPD. It was a pretty good sized department, so there was a good chance that someone from those days was still on the street. Not living on the street, but working a straight arrow job.

I made myself a note to call the geek during the next day. I had given him my burner phone number so we could communicate, but I was pretty sure his phone would be off until the next day. So I went to bed with the post it note still on my computer monitor. The chances were good that I would have remembered to call even without the note, but it was also highly likely that without the note I would use my home phone.

The weather man was predicting no rain for the next day, so I washed and dried my hiking outfit. It was clean, dry, and sweet smelling when I put it on the next day. There was no rain just as they had promised, so I was walking dressed as I had been the day before, but without the plastic film poncho.

The walk was over one of the more challenging courses. It took the same time to walk more or less, but it was a hell of a lot more breathtaking. When I got home it took more than just my usual stretching to get my breathing back to normal. I actually had to sit at the table and breath. My heart was beating noticeably faster, but it wasn’t really pounding.

When my heart rate slowed down some, I managed to make it into the shower. I closed my eyes and I could see Alison standing under the shower head. She was even adorable when she was washing her hair. Not to mention how sexy it was to see her wash her rear the day after we did the butt thing. I guess that made me a sicko, but it was a real turn on. Without meaning to I thought of Thia doing the same thing, and I shivered in revulsion of my own sick mind.

When I got out of the bathroom, I was dressed for the day, but not ready to start it. I had breakfast to deal with. I chose cold cereal for that morning. My burner phone rang so I moved to get it, then said hello to Thia.

“Hello baby,” I said.

“Hello daddy I had you on my mind,” she said.

“So did I,” I replied.

“Oh, what were you thinking?” she asked.

“I was thinking about spending the day in bed with you,” I replied.

“I thought about that too. You know there are a lot of things we haven’t done yet,” Thia said.

“Oh really,” I suggested.

“Oh yes, Life is going to be more interesting now,” she suggested.

“This thing with us might be the icing, but remember it isn’t a meal,” I said.

“Stop it daddy, I know what life is all about, and about the order of things. I can prioritize, I’m just glad you understand how things have to work. Speaking of work, I’m at the ER. One of the nurses called in, so I’m doing an extra shift. Just wanted to let you know not to plan on me for anything until at least eight tonight.”

“I got it. I’m not sure what I am going to do, but call me if you need anything,” I offered.

“I might take you up on that. Jon thinks he’s big enough to stay alone, but I have my doubts,” she said.

“So should I plan on it?” I asked.

“Let me see if we can work it out first. I’ll let you know if we need help,” she admitted.

After Thia rang off. I called Mica. I actually sent her a text. ‘Have you contacted CHPD?’ Then of course I had to wait until noon to hear back. She called to talk to me.

“So Ed whats the deal with this Chapel Hill thing. Do you know more than you are saying?” she asked.

“It’s the only thing we were involved in that could have possibly been a motive for murder. I explained all this to you. It is a little far fetched, but frankly I just didn’t like Caroline’s husband. He is just too slick. You know he is one of those guys who have answers for everything. They are all worked out weeks in advance,” I suggested.

“Okay, I’ll personally call down there this afternoon,” Mica said.

“Good, let me know,” I said. “By the way ask them if they have had any contact with anyone at the Shady Lady Gift Shop lately.”

“You keep this up and maybe we should go down there,” Mica said. It might be a great sleep over trip.

“If we start investigating down there, I’d want to be sure we checked out the vice officers from the time of the murder. Her husband said he thought she was doing drugs. Of course it might have just been the dealer she was doing. Also the Shady Lady probably needs some looking into. We need to ask the neighbors how much foot traffic there is. There seems to be a lot of kids hanging out there even now. I mean the wicked witch is dead. The kids should have moved on. We might need the state to look into it,” I suggested.

“What would be their excuse,” she asked.

“They would be invited in, or they could do it because of the nexus between the State University and the drug trade.,” I said.

“Well let me work on it. I need to run it by the detectives,” she admitted.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.