The Last Police Chief
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

The chief Eddie Rogers.
His daughter’s family Thia and her husband Ray Brown- son Jon 12 -his gf Harley
Alison the leader of Arm Chair Detectives new character and resident of The Haven
Ferjal suspect
Judge Henry Burke
Louise Haynes was the third member of the ACDC.
Allison Green
James Shetland Communication director at Eddie old police department.
Martin Abrams adult entertainment guru

If any of the typos and spelling errors bother you sufficiently, copy and paste them into a message to me. I will correct them asap. I even give credit where credit is due.

**It they don’t bother you enough to do that, good on ya.


I sat in the parking lot worrying about The Judge and Louise. I also listened to their entrance into the Lucky Seven Lounge. Since it was the middle of the day, the Lucky Seven was mostly empty.

“So how does it feel to be the only white people in the place,” The Judge asked Louise.

“Frankly I feel a lot like the last bar-be-qued rib on the plate,” she said. “Don’t worry Judge we are under Martin Abrams protection. And there aren’t many people here at all.”

“Is that good?” The Judge asked.

“It beats the hell out of me,” Louise said. “We will know soon enough.”

“Are you Jerome Goodnight?” Louise asked someone who had evidently approached their table.

“I can be,” the man’s voice replied.

“Hey n----Back off,” somebody with a deep voice and dialect advised the man who had approached the table.

“Who you calling N----? N----?” The man standing at the table asked.

“I’m the Man who owns this place as well at the man holding this here short barreled shotgun. Now believe me N---- I couldn’t miss you if I tried. So back the shit away from those old crackers.

Everything seemed to calm down. “Don’t worry Miss Louise. I’ll take care of you,” the voice of the man with the shotgun spoke the words.

“Thank you sir,” Louise said.

“You’re welcome honey,” shotgun man replied.

I was not in position to see who came and went through the doors of the Lucky Seven Lounge.

“Our man just came in,” The Judge said quietly. He said it to me, but it was aimed at Louise.

“Are you the movie maker,” the voice of the star of Eve’s short porn flick asked.

“I am,” The Judge said. “This is my associate Louise.”

“Yeah, I seen Louise around some. I even seen a couple of her films,”Jerome said. “Tell me Miss Louise did Marty give you my number?”

“If you mean Mr. Abrams, then yes,” she said. “Is that a problem?”

“Not at all. I just like to know who I’m working with,” he asked and I felt like that it was the Judge’s cue to explain.

“I’m Alexander Drum. My production company is based in Canada,” he explained.

I presumed the Judge gave him a fake card. The cards had ‘Drum Productions’ as the company name. How the Judge got them made in under twenty-four hours was beyond me. “If you have any questions, call Marty he knows me. Of course you know Louise,” the Judge said.

“Yes, I do know her. So what do you want to know about me?” Jerome asked.

“Well the only video we have seen is the one with the Muslim girl. Abrams said it was the only one he made,” the judge said.

“It was the only one he distributed for me. I made several short videos that I sold on line, or added to a couple of websites that mostly posted interracial vids,” Jerome said.

“Mostly it seems to be about the one with the Arab girl. So,” The Judge said, “Marty said you provided the actress as well. Frankly I saw the video and she seemed to be struggling with your size.”

“It takes most women some time to get used to it. That is if they haven’t been stretched out,” he explained.

“So what was the deal with her? Was she a friend or just a chick you hired,” Louise asked.

“She thought, she was in love,” Jerome said. “Sometimes those girls fall in love, but they never been fucked by a man my size. They say my dick is like a drug,” he suggested with a grin.

“Well if she hasn’t been too stretched out, we can use her as well. Louise can work with her to teach her how to do it, while she makes the right sounds,” the judge said.

“You can have me, but the woman is not going to be available,” Jerome said.

“That maybe problematic,” Louise said. “You two make a sexy pair. Either of you is okay, but together you are much better than either one of you alone.”

“Do you know where I can find her to make her an offer,” the judge said.

“Man she ain’t gonna be making no more movies. She be out of the business, so forget about her. I can get you a girl. I only fucked her once, but she is ready to go. She still screams and cries,” Jerome said.

“So how old are these women,” The judge asked. “I don’t make Kiddie porn. I was told there were some questions about the girl in that last movie. Something about her being only sixteen years old.”

“Yeah, but Marty said that he would buy our movie.”

“So do you have any more movies in the can,” The Judge asked.

“I got the girl I’m schoolin’ now. I can make a really good movie. One with lots of bleeding pussy and screams.” he said.

“If she is underage we can get screwed,” The judge said.

“Don’t worry. It won’t come back to bite you on the ass,” Jerome said.

“It better not,” The Judge said very seriously.

Over the next four hours, Jerome and The Judge became real drinking buddies. Jerome was not a good drunk. He liked to brag. He told The Judge how he met our Eve. She used the computers at the community center where he played in pickup games of basketball. He bragged on how long it took her to get physical with him. But after that, according to him, she couldn’t get enough.

“Wasn’t it difficult the first few times?” Louise asked.

“Yeah she cried and screamed the first time or two. Since she kept cuming, I figured she could handle it fine. If you had been there then you would see. She would have done anything for me,” he boasted.

“So call her. Let’s get her on board,” The Judge demanded.

“She went and got herself a serious beat down. It must have been one of those religious things. She didn’t want to see me no more,” Jerome said.

He had just admitted the he had talked to her after the beat down. That admission made him the last one to see her alive.

“Well why don’t you call and see if she has changed her mind?” Louise asked.

“Cause, she is dead. So do you want the new bitch?” he asked.

“Have you got a couple of minutes of video showing the two of you on screen together,” The Judge asked.

“Sure,” was Jerome’s only reply.

“Email it to me,” The Judge suggested. “Unless you brought us a hard copy.”

Jerome must have had it with him. He was expecting that he needed it I supposed. Since I knew nothing of the adult video business, I had no idea what was usual.

The Judge and Louise pulled into the parking lot a few minutes later, where I sat with Alison. We sat there in her mini car waiting. The Judge spoke first through the open window, “What the hell, if this was TV, the cops would have rolled up with their lights on.”

“They would have roughed him up and cuffed him,” Louise agreed. “Why can’t life be like a TV show?”

“In real life it’s time to turn it over to the cops. There isn’t much more we can do without becoming agents of the cops. That would make everything we got useless,” I suggested.

I made arrangement for Thia to drive me to a coffee shop for my meeting with Mica. Thia was actually excited to be part of a cop encounter which didn’t involve blood and gore.

I recognized Mica sitting in a booth of the cafe. Thia slid into the seat across from Mica.

“Could you make a little room?” I asked mica. She moved down a little. It was enough for me to slide in beside her. “So here is that tape I told you about. We are planning a short story and this is work product.”

“Don’t worry I won’t give you up,” she said. “If this turns out to be anything, I will owe you.” Then she turned to Cynthia. “So you are the Daughter, we hear about all the time.”

“I don’t know about that, but I’m his only daughter,” Thia said, “If he bores you with family stories about me, I will demand that he stop.”

“It’s okay, he is just proud of you,” Mica said. “Besides they can’t be any more boring than the small town cop stories you grew up on.”

“True,” Thia admitted.

“You and I should have lunch sometime, just the two of us,” Mica suggested. “I don’t have many non cop friends these days.”

“That would be a really bad idea,” I said.

“Why?” Thia asked.

“Yes, why not I’m married, so it’s not like you and I are involved in anything,” Mica pointed out. “Besides blood and guts stories from the real world, means we have something in common.”

It was a couple of hours after I returned home when Ray called me. “Listen Ed I appreciate all the things you do for us, but you really need to butt out of this investigation.”

“What the fuck are you talking about?” I asked.

“Mica from juvenile crimes came in to share a tape recording with me. She knew enough to do that even though she could have opened her own parallel investigation.”

“That was decent of her,” I said. So much for her promise not to give me up.

“Well it was one way to get the tape to me, without it being traced back to you,” he said.

“Oh is my voice on the tape?” I asked.

“Of course not, you are too smart for you to let that happen,” Ray said.

“Son it has nothing to do with me,” I demanded. “If you want to pressure the kiddie cop, that is on you.” I knew he wouldn’t do it. Hear no evil, sometimes was the best rule in the unwritten rule book.

“Just stop it Ed,” he said.

“Then put this prick away,” I suggested, before I cut the connection.

I settled into my boring life at The Haven, while I waited for something to happen. I heard over and over again how The Judge and Louise had saved the case for us all. Alison and I bonded together in our outsider status.

Ray finally called me after a boring week without a word on Jerome’s investigation. It was 3PM on what had been a boring Friday.

“We got a search warrant based on the tape. The grand jury indicted today. He was charged with murder one. Ice picked up the Muslim guy who convinced her sister to beat her. The sister got charged with misdemeanor assault. The real Judge will take a plea, I’m sure.”Ray explained. “Look Ed I wanted you to know we would have found the killer, if our hands hadn’t been tied.”

“You are welcome,” I advised him. “Tell your wife she needs to buy my car, or return it and rent a car. I’m getting tired of begging rides, every time I want to go for a burger.”

Ray laughed then said, “I’ll tell her.”

I planned our last after dinner meeting for that evening. Dinner that night was sorta quiet, since we had all talked on the phones during the afternoon. We all knew the outcome of the grand jury. Finally it was Alison who brought it up, “So what is next for the ACDC?”

“How the hell would I know?” I replied since Alison was looking at me. I ate the last of my dinner, then I went to my apartment to stream a ten year old TV show on my computer. The phone rang after only a few minutes.

“So you tell me to take my time deciding what to do about the junker I had stolen. Then you tell Ray, to tell me to return it.” Thia complained.

“That is not exactly what I said. But it is pretty close. Do you want to buy the Rio?” I asked.

“How much,” she asked.

“Look the value up online, and I’ll take 80% of that,” I suggested.

“Done, so what are you going to do for a ride?” she asked. “I can’t imagine you being stuck without wheels.”

“I’m flirting with a couple of ideas. I’m still young enough for a Harley,” I suggested.

“Hell no daddy. You are not buying a motor cycle. Besides they won’t allow you to keep a Bike at The Haven, will they?” Thia asked.

“I doubt it seriously,” I said. But I thought, I don’t want another boring car. I wanted a little excitement in my life. I wanted my life to be safe, but still have a little excitment. That feeling is what fueled my decision to purchase a motor scooter.

I went right to the Internet to find out what to buy. I didn’t give it a lot of thought, I just went for it. It turned out that even though I went to buy, there was nothing that interested me enough to buy it. Meanwhile I still didn’t have a way to go to the grocery store. Okay, it was the donut shop which I wanted to travel too that evening.

It was just impossible to find anything unique, which wasn’t more trouble to own than it was worth. I gave up and tried to figure the whole life plan thing out. I gave it some more thought, and decided to completely scrap my existing retirement plan. I decided that I didn’t really want to just sit in an apartment building after all. Especially not with a bunch of people all waiting to die. I wanted things to be different, and exciting for the rest of my life. The characters I had been involved with for first month were great fun, and I planned to enjoy them for the next five months at least. I also planned to use the time building the chapter two of my after work life.

I planned to start it by opening my eyes to the things around me. I knew I was going to need a new place to live. One where I made the rules, not adjusted my lifestyle to rules made by someone else. That meant finding a place to buy, while I still had a few bucks left. Since I had five more months left on my lease, I had time to look around. But to do that I knew I was going to need some kind of wheels.

I met Alison the next morning at 7AM. We walked out into the cold morning air. There was even a frost on the trees, bushes and grass. My hiking shoes were not insulated, but I did wear heavy socks. For the first half of the hike, I tried to decide how much I should tell Alison. She didn’t need to know anything yet. So I decided to handle it on a need to know basis. When it made a difference, I would break the news and maybe swear her to secrecy. Since I had five months before I could do anything, she couldn’t do anything either. She could just sit and observe. Ignorance might be bliss at least for a little longer.

On the very edge of the residential neighborhood, I found something I felt was kooky enough to consider. It was a four bay ‘do it yourself’ car wash. It appeared to have been deserted for a while. All the machinery was gone, as well as the plumbing, I suspected. I made a note of the Real Estate Agency name on the tiny sign in the yard.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.