Hero - Cover

Hero

Copyright© 2018 by JRyter

Chapter 3

Angie was back early the next morning. She had a breakfast of eggs, steak, potatoes and whole wheat toast prepared for them.

Marc was awake and saw Angie when she came into the den to check on everyone. She gave him a slight wave but didn’t speak. Mallory was asleep in the chair beside Marc’s bed, her head lay over on the bed next to him, her right arm thrown across his belly her left hand on his chest.

If there was ever such a thing as a human magnet, it was working full force on these two. Mallory got out of her bed on the couch late in the night because she couldn’t stay away from him.

Marc lay restless and sleepless in the night, glancing over at Mallory and her two daughters where they lay completely exhausted. He was wishing silently one of them would come hold him or at least touch him so he could sleep.

As if some silent telepathic message had stirred her from her sleep, Mallory raised her head to look at Marc. She saw him in the dim light ... he was looking at her.

Without a word between them, she wrapped herself in a light blanket and sat in the chair next to his bed. She lay her right arm across his midsection and her other hand on his chest. Both slept soundly, the demons had once more been chained and silenced.

Mallory raised her head when she heard a noise in the kitchen, and saw Angie at the counter. She looked up at Marc and saw his smile as he watched her and smiled.

“I love you, Marc,” she whispered, then stood to kiss his lips.

“I love you, Mallory. Thanks for coming to my rescue once more, you always know when I need you most.”

“I woke up needing to touch you, Marc. I can’t stand to be away from you.”

“I know the feeling, help me get back on my feet, so I can love you the way my heart wants to.”

“OK you two, if you don’t want company on that bed, you better get your butts up and get ready for breakfast,” Angie told them.

“Angie honey, you get this man up and on his feet to where he can handle us both and I’ll be glad to let you have a tumble in our bed.”

“I was only kidding ... I see the love you have for him and I see the wonder in his eyes when he looks at you. Now get your butts up and let’s get to work.”

Marty and Matty French came up from their pile of blankets as if spring loaded, when they were awakened by their Mom and Angie talking.

Marc was hungry, after the flushing of his system yesterday, he felt empty, and rightfully so.

They watched as he hooked the fork in his crooked fingers. Though he made a mess, he fed himself for the first time in over twenty days.

Angie put a foam rubber ball in each of his hands and told him to squeeze and keep squeezing all day until he loosened his sore and tight tendons that had been put back together.

Out on the patio, she had him on the weight bench with his legs over the padded leg rest so he could do leg lifts. At first, she didn’t have any weights on the bar.

Marc smiled when he was able to strain and raise his legs up and forward six inches.

He smiled more as he repeatedly raised the empty bar again and again.

Angie placed two pounds on each side of the bar and Marc slowly raised the four pounds. He grinned in determination and went through three reps, then rested and went through four reps. He rested and went for four more.

“Enough ... don’t over do it. Lets try some more now. Can you raise yourself if you hold onto Mallory and me?”

“I think so.”

“Then swing your legs to the side and when we lean down, you hold onto our shoulders, we’ll help you.”

Marc wasn’t able to grip their shoulders, but he did manage to pull himself up as they placed their hands over his and held him tight to their shoulders.

He stood on shaky legs, half stooped and wobbling, but he was standing ... and it felt good.

“We’ll be right beside you, Marc ... you stand there, raising and lowering your arms as you squeeze the rubber balls in your grip.”

He could feel his tight muscles loosen, and he stood taller as he raised his arms to shoulder level.

Angie helped him to a stationary - motorized bicycle. He nodded his head and she started the machine on slow. His arms and legs had trouble just keeping contact with the handlebars and pedals at first. But like earlier, he loosened up to get a good workout.

She brought her own concoction of power drink for him, and he gulped it down.

By noon he was tired from the light exercises and they helped him to a low massage table.

Matty and Marty watched the entire workout and both were proud, smiling at his progress and determination.

They help their Mom and Angie get him onto the padded table and watched as Angie worked her magic on his sore muscles.

He was totally relaxed and at ease wearing no clothes, as he was massaged from his neck to the soles of his feet.

Marc worked hard on his re-hab. He gave it all he had and Angie kept cautioning him not to overdo it. He just kept working and pushing himself ... and her to let him work even harder.

“Marc, you’re way ahead of schedule with the injuries and the stress you’ve been through, just relax and let it happen.”

“I can’t Angie. I need to get my feet under me and get the use of my hands back. I can’t be a burden to myself and this family that’s taken me in and provided all this for me.”

“Marc, you’re not a burden. What we’ve done for you is because we love you. I don’t feel indebted to you. You saved my life and both my daughters’ lives, but now we’re together and we want you to be here with us,” Mallory said.

“Maybe burden was a bad choice of words. I just want to be able to contribute more to our relationship. I’ve never in my life wanted anything as bad as I want to love you and your daughters. I want to feel like I can live up to what the three of you, and your father think of me.”

“Marc, you don’t have to live up to anything. We loved you before you ever got out of that hospital bed. We love you now and we’ll love you forever.”

“Mallory, I want to hold you, and sleep in the same bed with you, I want to walk with you in your garden. I want to get a job and pay the expenses and I want us to be a family.”

There was no stopping him. He worked even when they weren’t working with him, he gained the use of his hands and could now grip and hold his own weight as he reached up and to take hold of the overhead bar.

Mallory took Marc to see Dr. Garrand to get his opinion about a final medical release.

Marc and Mallory came out of the Doctor’s office smiling, stopping to hug on the way to the car.

“Marc, Daddy wants you and me to let him pay for a trip to some resort and have some time together, will you let him?”

“I’d be a fool for refusing to let your Dad help me. If you really want to go, I’ll say yes on two conditions.”

“Whatever they are - YES.”

“We’re taking Marty and Matty with us, I don’t want to be away from any of you three ever again.”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.