Melissa
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2018 by JRyter

I woke up sometime during the night and Mrs. Dean was sitting in a chair on the other side of Melissa’s bed. She was asleep and her head was down on her chest. I looked at Melissa and could see a very slight movement of her chest as the pump filled her lungs and then let the air out.

I squeezed her hand and she squeezed mine. I leaned over to kiss her cheek and she squeezed me again.

The nurses came in every few minutes and checked her vital signs. I moved back, but never turned loose of Melissa’s hand.

Morning came and daylight began to lighten the room. I looked at Mrs. Dean as she moved and woke up. I watched as she reached out to touch Melissa’s shoulder and pat her.

Melissa squeezed my hand harder now.

“Come over here, Mrs. Dean,” I said and she looked at me.

“Come put your hand on mine and Melissa’s ... and feel her,” I said.

“Feel her hand when she squeezes my hand,” I said.

“Melissa your Mom is here, she wants you to know that she loves you. She said you could touch me under my clothes Melissa. Smile for her, Melissa. Let her know that you want to touch me,” I said as I looked at Mrs. Dean.

I felt that Danny ... look at the crooked smile on her face. I believe you now, Danny.

“Melissa, can you hear me. This is Mom,” She said and we felt another squeeze.

“I love you, Melissa and if you really want to ... you can touch Danny under his clothes. But if you make love to him, please use protection,” she said and another smile came across her lips.

“Melissa, you need to wake up and tell your Mom what we did. You always tell her and you need to catch her up so she’ll know that we didn’t touch under our clothes and that we didn’t go all the way,” I said and squeezed her hand.

She made a sound in her chest, we didn’t know if she was trying to say something or just made a sound and then she made another sound and smiled a big smile as her eyes fluttered. Her lips were swollen on the left side of her face, but she still managed a crooked smile once more.

“Danny, I’ll be right back. I want to use the restroom and see her Dad. I want to find the Doctor too if he’s on duty,” Mrs. Dean said.

“Thank you, Danny, you watch over her. I’ll be back soon, then you can go to the restroom,” she said and left.

“Melissa we’re alone, if you want to mess around some. I can kiss your pussy and you can kiss my dick, before they get back. If you get a good come I know you’ll wake up and want to kiss me on my lips,” I said and squeezed her hand.

She squeezed my hand and smiled a crooked smile, as her eyes fluttered again but she didn’t open her eyelids.


“Danny, Melissa’s brain has swollen more during the night,” the Doctor told me, as he measured her face. I knew he was worried.

I knew her bruises were darker and her lips were now swollen too much for her to even smile. She still would squeeze my hand as I coaxed her and pushed her to respond.

“Danny, she’s going to have a lot of damage to her nervous system, she may never walk or talk again.” He said.

“But there is still a chance ... isn’t there doctor?”

“Yes ... there’s always a chance the swelling will go down before too much damage occurs for her to recover.”

“Then she’ll be alright ... I know she will. You’ll see Doctor ... she’ll be alright.”

“Danny, why don’t you go home and get some rest. She’s going to be in here for a long time, I’m afraid.” The doctor told me.

“I’m not leaving her, Doctor ... she needs me and I’m going to be here for her,” I told him and lay my head on our hands where we were still clasped.

“Danny, we know you love her and she knows it too. She would want you to go get some rest ... take a shower and get some food,” Mrs. Dean told me.

“Mrs. Dean, I can’t leave her. I want to be here if she needs me. I want to hold her and she’ll know that I’m here and that I love her and need her to be with me ... I just can’t leave,” I was crying and I couldn’t help it.

“Its okay, Danny. You can stay. I’ll bring you something to eat and I’ll call your Mom and Dad. You just stay here with Melissa ... let her know you love her.

“Danny, I believe you now. She’ll be alright, it will take some time and a lot of rehab and a lot of healing. But Melissa will be with us, I just know it,” she told me as she looked down and held out her arms to me. I hugged her with one arm as I held Melissa’s hand with my other hand. I felt Melissa squeeze me and I looked, she had tears in her eyes.

“She hears us. Look Mrs. Dean ... she hears us,” I said as I wiped Melissa’s tears from her eyes.

“Thank you, Danny ... for loving our daughter. She’s so lucky to have you and we’re all very blessed to have you with her. You stay here and I’ll get you something to eat.”


“Danny, if Melissa is still stable tomorrow morning, we’ll move her to a private room, and you’ll have a place to bathe and still be near her. I’ll leave instructions for a roll-a-way bed to be put in her room, so you can get some rest,” The Doctor told me when he came back by an hour later.

“Thank you Doctor ... I just know she’ll be alright ... I just know she will.”

“I believe you, Danny. I can see a lot of improvement, hopefully she’ll regain consciousness when her swelling goes down more. We’ll just have to wait, hope, and keep praying,” he told me.

“I’ll keep praying, Doctor ... you do what you know to do for her. I’ll tell her that you said she was going to be alright and she will be, you’ll see,” I told him and he smiled and left.


“Danny, here’s you some food, and a Coke. Did the Doctor come back?” Mrs. Dean said.

“Yes, he left just a few minutes ago. He said that if Melissa is still stable tomorrow morning, they’ll move her to a private room and I could stay with her. He told me he believed she would be alright, we just have to wait and keep praying. I told him that I would pray ... and for him to do all he could for her.”

“That’s great news, I’m going to call Harold and call your Mom at work and tell them. Helen’s here, she wants to come in. I’ll tell her to come in when I leave.”


“Danny, let me hold Melissa’s hand, while you eat that burger,” Helen said, as she sat down next to me.

“Helen I can do this ... I need to hold on to her to keep her from slipping away.”

“It’s OK, Danny. I just wanted to help you so you could eat. I see you’re doing good, you must have been hungry. The next time I come to see her, I’ll bring you something else to eat. You just keep praying and holding on to her, Danny. She’s one lucky girl. I would love to have a boy who loved me, like that.”

“She squeezed my hand, Helen ... She heard what you said.”

“Tell her I’m here, Danny ... and I want her to squeeze my hand too,” Helen said as she clasped our hands with hers.

“Melissa, Helen’s here, she loves you ... Melissa, tell her you love her too. Helen wants you to hurry up and come home, she wants you to tell her all the things we did, when we touched,” I told her.

“I felt that, Danny. I felt her squeeze your hand. Come on little sister ... tell me you love me and I won’t strip your boyfriend naked and give him a blow job,” Helen grinned at me.

“Wow, did you feel that? I better go before she gets up and hits me,” Helen said.

“Missy, I’ll be back to see you soon. You better get well soon and make love to this boy. There’s some really good looking nurses here ... and I’d love to get my hands on him too,” Helen told her as she held on to our hands tight and felt Melissa squeeze again.

“I love you too, Missy, and I miss you at home,” Helen said as she sobbed and sat down close to me. I reached over and pulled her to me with my free hand and she hugged me and cried for a long time, as she looked at her sister.

“I’ll be here with her, Helen. I want you to know that I love you for being her sister and for accepting me as her boyfriend,” I told her.

“Thank you, Danny ... I love you too. I’ll be back after work and bring you some food.” She kissed my cheek and I felt her tears wet my face.


Everything after that was a blur to me the rest of the day. I don’t remember going to sleep, but I must have dozed, off and on, all day. I do remember people coming in, the nurses and my Mom and Dad after work. I remember Mayor Dean and Mrs. Dean coming too, sitting and talking.

I remember Helen coming back after she got off work and I remember them telling me I needed to eat and that I needed rest.

I’m sure I must have slept some and I do remember squeezing Melissa’s hand and her squeezing mine. I know I told her at least a hundred times that I loved her and needed her in my life. I know I told her I wanted to kiss her pussy and I think I may have even said that with Helen in the room but my brain was messed up ... I hope I didn’t, but I wasn’t sure.

The next morning at daylight there was a nurse in the room, who had been in and out all night. Sometimes I was awake, sometimes she woke me as she moved around to check Melissa. She had the light on and I looked at Melissa’s face in the light. I thought I was dreaming at first, her face wasn’t swollen and her lips were just barely puffed out a little.

Her bruises weren’t as dark and I could see her eyelids flutter as the nurse took her vital signs.

“Does she look better to you, or am I dreaming?” I asked the nurse and she jumped, she didn’t know I was awake.

“She’s looking better, the swelling has gone down and her bruises aren’t as dark now, sometimes that happens even though the damage is still there. Sometimes it happens and the patient wakes up in a day or two. It’s a good sign though, keep praying and keep talking to her, Danny. She responds to you,” the nurse told me ... and I looked at her... I could have sworn she had wings.

Then she was gone ... Just like that, she wasn’t here.


“Lord it’s me again, Danny Millen. I just wanted You to know that I really thank You for helping Melissa. I hope You’ll let her come back to her family and me too. I know they love her and You know I do Lord. Please help me be what she needs in her life and never let her down.

“Lord if you’ll let her come back, I’ll help her with rehab, and I’ll be there for her, no matter how long it takes for her to heal.

“I really love her, Lord and I know we’ve done some things that You may not approve of, but we were curious and we’re in love. Please forgive me and show me how to love a woman.

“I want her to know she’s special to me, and Lord, I want You to know that I’ll try to do better. But when she looks at me, with that pretty smile and her nose all crinkled up, I see her eyes looking at me ... I just give in to whatever she wants or needs.

“I hope that’s what love is, Lord, cause it sure feels good to feel that way.

“Thank you, Lord for hearing me and for helping Melissa. Please let her come back to us like she was before the accident, Lord. I’ll gladly go any time you’re ready for me ... if you’ll just let her live.”


The next morning they woke me up and told me they were transferring Melissa to a private room. They said I’d have to let her hand go, so they could move her bed. I refused to let go and they moved her anyway.

“We need to bathe her and change her sheets. You’ll have to turn her hand loose and leave the room,” one nurse said.

“No! I am NOT letting go of her hand. I’ve seen her naked ... so you can just bathe her with me here. If you need me to I’ll close my eyes ... but I will NOT turn her hand loose,” I told her.

“Okay, I won’t fight you. You just help me get the sheets under her when I bathe her. I would appreciate it if you turned your head, or at least close your eyes, while I bathe her,” she told me.

I sat down with her hand in mine and closed my eyes. I knew when we get Melissa home, I’d bathe her and look her over to see if she had any more injuries.

The nurse sponged off in just a few minutes.

“Danny help me get the sheet under her legs and then we’ll roll her over just a bit so I can pull the sheet under her to the other side. I’ll need you to roll her gently back the other way, so I can get the sheet pulled across the bed and tucked in. Be real careful with her, she has three broken ribs and they can be painful.”

I did as she told me and helped her get the sheets pulled over and Melissa rolled back in place.

I never let go of her hand and Melissa even squeezed me twice as we moved her and got the sheets in place.

I had just sat down in the chair next to the bed when the Doctor came in the room.

“How is she today, Danny? I can see a lot of the swelling is gone and her bruises are not as dark. Has she responded to you today?” He asked me.

“Yes, I helped the nurse change her sheets and she squeezed my hand twice,” I told him, as he opened her eyes and did the light thing with his light in her eyes again. I saw her eyes follow the light and he grinned at me.

“Her eyes dilate and return – both of them, that’s a good sign. Her eyes followed the light to the side and that is another good sign.”

“Melissa, can you hear me? This is Doctor Sciotti. I need you to let me know if you can hear me,” he said as he leaned in close to talk to her.

“Melissa, Danny’s here. He’s hasn’t turned your hand loose since you were taken to ICU. He wants you to let me know if you’re alright and that you can hear me. Move your right hand, the one Danny’s holding.”

“Look Doc ... her little finger’s moving.”

“Wiggle your little finger, Melissa. Now open and close your hand on Danny’s hand,” he told her softly.

“She did it Doc ... she moved her finger.

“Melissa, open and close your hand, for the doctor.” I said as I was about to burst open, I was so happy.

“She did it, Danny.

“Melissa, you did very good, thank you. Now, can you wiggle your toes on your right foot?” He asked and we watched but nothing happened.

“Melissa can you try to move the toes on your left foot? Show me you can Melissa. Danny wants you to move your toes or he’ll tickle your foot,” he said.

“That was just great, Melissa ... but I need you to move your toes on your left foot now.” He told her, after she wiggled her toes on her right foot.

Her toes on her left foot moved again.

“Melissa, can you move your toes on your left foot again?” He asked, and glanced at me.

Her toes on her right foot moved now.

“That was great, Melissa, I want you to move your toes a lot today, if you forget to move them, Danny will remind you, okay?” He said.

The Doctor and I were both shocked, when her lips moved and she said ‘sure’ in a whisper that we barely heard.

“Melissa do you feel this when I touch your left foot?” The doctor said, as he rubbed her right foot, ‘sure’ she said, barely above a whisper.

“Wiggle your toe on your left foot and show me.”

She wiggled her right toes.

“Doctor...” I started to say something about her moving the wrong foot.

He held his hand out to stop me and I knew what he wanted.

“Melissa, if you get an itch you can tell Danny and he’ll scratch you, OK?” The doctor told her with a smile.

She didn’t respond.

“Melissa do you itch? Do I need to scratch you anywhere?” I asked, I was happy to hear her voice that was just above a whisper as before, but I was red faced as I looked at the Doctor when he almost ran out the door.

‘Scratch my pussy, Danny ... it itches’ she said.

“Melissa...”

“Melissa, can you hear me?”

She was out again and I wonder what the doctor will think about trying to get her to communicate now.

“Danny, are you awake?” I heard Helen as she walked in.

“Yeah, I was resting my head. Melissa’s out of it again. She spoke a few words today, while the doctor was here ... he heard her,” I said as she put two paper bags of snacks and a Dairy Queen bag on the bed side table.

“Really, what did she say, was she just mumbling words or did she respond to his questions?”

“She answered his questions.”

“Wow that’s great, Danny. With one word answers or did she make a sentence.”

“Both” I said, hoping this didn’t go any further.

“Melissa, Helen is here, say hi to Helen” I squeezed her hand.

‘Helen’ Melissa said barely in a whisper.

“Oh My God, Danny ... she said my name. I’m so happy,” Helen said real loud.

‘Helen’ Melissa said again.

“Oh Danny do Mom and Dad know yet?” She asked.

“No I fell asleep when the doctor left.”

“I’ll call and see if they’ve left to come over here yet,” Helen jumped up grabbed the phone.

“I guess they’ve already left, there’s no answer.”

‘Helen’ Melissa said again and we laughed aloud when Melissa recognized her sister’s voice.

“Yes I’m here, Melissa,” Helen said, her voice between a sob and a laugh.

‘Scratch my pussy’

Uh Oh. She said it again.

“What did she say, Danny?” Helen looked at me, her eyes wide.

“Uh, well that was the sentence she spoke to the Doctor. He told her, that if she itched, I would scratch it for her. He was trying to get her to talk and did she ever”

I kinda laughed, to see what Helen would do.

“She’s just hallucinating is all Danny. She doesn’t know what she’s saying. I apologize for my sister,” Helen tried to cover it up.

“I don’t think so, but you may be right. The Doctor told her that he wanted her to practice moving her toes and asked if she heard him she responded with a barely audible ‘sure’.

“Then he was really pleased that she had spoken and he asked her if she felt him touch her foot and she said ‘sure’ again.

“Danny” Melissa called my name and I felt light headed as I looked at her.

“Yes Melissa, I’m here,” I said and started crying.

“Scratch my pussy, I itch down there,” she said, I looked at Helen.

“Do it, Danny. I’ll hold her gown up and look the other way.”

“Danny...”

“Yes I’m here, Melissa, where does it itch?”

... my pussy itches.”

“Where?”

“On top” She said, and Helen turned to smile at me. I was crying and I couldn’t help it.

“There Melissa?” I asked as I scratched through her thin hair. I felt the tube in her small pussy and looked at Helen.

“It’s a catheter, so her bladder drains.” She whispered in my ear

“Ohhh,” I mouthed red faced. Heck I didn’t know.

“Yes, now down the side.

I looked at Helen and she was crying too now as her sister was coming back.

“Here?”

“Yes, now I want you in my pussy.”

“Uh Melissa, Helen’s here,” I said.

“Hi Helen, Danny’s scratching my pussy for me, “ She was talking almost normal now, just slower.

“Hi Melissa, you’re very lucky to have a boy like Danny who loves you.”

Yeah I know. He makes my pussy feel so good.”

“Melissa, we don’t need to talk about your pussy do we?” Helen asked.

“It’s OK, Danny knows I get a pussy itch and he scratches it for me, then he licks me too.

Tell her it’s alright Danny ... you tell her.”

“Uh Helen it’s okay, she likes me to scratch her down there.”

“My pussy”

“Yes Melissa your pussy.” I said it, I sure wasn’t about let modesty keep her from talking. Not after what she’s been through.

Helen looked at me, I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

You’re OK, Danny Millen, you are absolutely OKAY in my book, “ Helen said.

“Mine too Helen,” Melissa said.

“I’m so proud of you, Missy. Can you open your eyes?” Helen asked.

“No light’s too bright, they hurt.“ She said in nearly a normal voice, she had very little slur, where she had slurred her words earlier.

“If I turn the lights off, will you open your eyes for us?” Helen asked just as the Mayor and Mrs. Dean walked in the room. Helen ran to them and put her finger in front of her lips and told them to listen and watch.

“I’m going to turn the lights off, Melissa ... so you can open your eyes,” Helen said.

“OK,” Melissa said and Mrs. Dean’s knees gave way and Mayor Dean caught her and held her up as they both stood looking on with tears in their eyes - their mouths open.

“Open your eyes and tell me what you see Melissa,” Helen said.

“I see light” She said.

“That’s okay, it’s been a few of days, just close your eyes and rest them now OK?”

“Yes, my pussy still itches though.

Danny, can you scratch me again?”

“Melissa your Mom and Dad are here, will you say hi to them?”

“Hi Mom and Daddy. You did come see me. I’m okay now. I have Danny here and the angels come see me at night, too.”

“Hi Baby, I’m so glad to hear your voice,” Mrs. Dean walked to her side opposite me.”

“Hi Missy, I see you still have this boy wrapped around your finger. I love you and I’m so happy to hear you call Daddy.”

“Yes Daddy, Danny loves me and scratches my pussy for me, “ she said and I wished I could hide under the bed.

“That’s great, Melissa. I knew this boy really cared about you when I first met him.”

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.