The Missing Cargo Plane
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2018 by aubie56

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 11 - This is the first story in what is intended to be a series called "Dinosaur Planet" if there is enough interest. A three-person crew of a cargo plane is shifted to another planet by a six-waterspout storm over the Bermuda Triangle. Join them as they discover themselves on a planet ruled by intelligent dinosaurs. There is some sex, but not much, but there is a lot of action. 18 chapters, around 55,000 words.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Science Fiction   Polygamy/Polyamory   Violence  

“Okay, one of the first things you need to know is how to get around in Miami. That car you rode in to get here is part of what we call the tram system. It will transport you anywhere you want or need to go to within about 100 yards of your destination. From there, you will have to walk.

“Each apartment has a call box for the tram, and you use it to call the tram car of the size that you need. You tell the tram car where you want to go either from the call box inside the apartment or while you are on the car if you change your mind on the destination. You can tell the car what you want just by talking to it because it can understand and respond to commands in English.

“If you don’t know the address of where you want to go, you can get that from the city map that you can call to be displayed on the electronic display at your apartment. If you want to, and I actually recommend it, ask the display to provide you a printed copy of the city map. That’s the way we do it, and we have not been lost yet.

“Every one of you should have a medical exam right away. Our medical system is first class and can even cure you of most kinds of cancer. We’ve already had that done for us, and we didn’t even know about the cancer until the medical chamber found it during a routine exam. Well, hell, I guess that I can tell you that I was the one affected. Believe it or not, I had breast cancer. It was cured before I left the medical office that same day, and the skin was not even cut. You may not all be that lucky, but it is worth checking.

“I know that you won’t know what I am talking about when I say the word ‘computer,’ but this whole city is run by computer for the nitty-gritty details. Somebody tells the computer what to do and then stands back while the computer does its thing. Now, don’t worry, the computer is not going to try to run your life; it will only act when you ask it to. However, the computer that we call AI will warn you if something needs to be done. Then it is up to you to decide whether or not you want the computer to follow through on your behalf.

“For example, these clothes we are wearing were ordered through the computer. We just told AI what we wanted, and the item was delivered as soon as possible after that. As another example, the plane you flew in to get to Miami from your DC-2 was ordered by me through the AI and was delivered in about six weeks. It took that long because everything had to be made from scratch. In other words, the more complicated something is, the longer it will take to receive it, but it will come eventually as soon as it is ready.

“Now I’ll ask for audience participation. How many of you would like to learn to fly? That is not a trivial request. I taught Jane to fly in about six weeks, and I think that I could teach any man or woman to fly within two months. As far as I am concerned, I will teach anyone to fly who is old enough to have the necessary judgment. Let me see a show of hands. If you want to learn, just hold up your hand so that I will have some idea how many students that I would have.” Four men raised a hand. “Of course, Ed already knows how to fly, so it will only take him a couple of hours at most to learn the peculiarities of our kind of airplane. Ed, if you want to fly, just let me know anytime.

“By the way, folks, I hope that your plane has enough fuel to get it here because we don’t have any gasoline that it could use for fuel. I want to preserve the plane because we might have a use for it one day, so I want to get it into storage here in Miami before it can be damaged by some accident.

“The last item I want to mention now is that we need for everybody to have his own personal radio so that he or she can immediately contact AI or any other person. I know you can’t see it, but I am wearing the portable radio right now. I’ll demonstrate. Karen, I recognized the trick you pulled on me a few minutes ago, and I’ll get even with you eventually. Now come up on stage, if you please.”

Karen joined me and I asked her to stand where everybody could see her. “Folks, how many of you would be embarrassed if Karen removed all of her clothes right now? Please hold up your hand.” All of the women and none of the men raised a hand, and that was about what I expected. Also, as I expected, Karen blushed the full length of her body. I said, “Okay, Karen, now we are even.

“Folks, you will need to register with Karen so that she can find you a suitable apartment. At that time, she will get everybody’s name so that we can tell the computer who you are. All you will have to do is to say that person’s name and you will be able to talk to that person on your radio.

“Now, you all know my name, so all you will have to do to talk to me is to say my name into the microphone and then say something to me. AI will switch you right away to talk to me or will tell you that you will have to wait your turn because I am already talking to someone else. Just don’t call me for trivial matters. You can get almost all of your questions answered through your display screen in your apartment. All you have to do to get a question answered is to say, ‘Display, help me.’ AI should answer you immediately.

“Okay, I am hungry. Robots will bring in something light for us to eat and drink. Just stay where you are, and a robot will come to you. If you need to visit a restroom, just tell the robot that delivers your food. It will lead you to the nearest restroom and give you your lunch afterwards back in here. As soon as you finish eating, line up so that Karen can start working on your apartment and radio assignments. Thank you for your attention.”

I stepped down from the stage, and Ed rushed up to me. “Where do I sign up for the flying lesson?”

“We can probably do that tomorrow morning. We have a plane already fitted out that you can practice with. It has a single engine, but don’t be surprised at its performance. It is amazing what AI has done with airplanes. Call me tomorrow morning and we will set a time for me to meet you at the hanger. The tram system knows how to find the hanger.”

That was when I was saved by a robot showing up with a sandwich and a cup of coffee for me. I found where Jane and Karen were sitting and joined them. Karen chided me for embarrassing her by suggesting that she would strip for all of these people, and Jane and I laughed. I said, “Next time, remember that when you play a trick on me.” I grinned and Jane laughed again. Damned if Karen didn’t blush again.

Karen ate quickly and ordered a table with a computer terminal so that she could start processing the apartment and radio assignments. I also ate quickly, and it was not long before Ed was finished registering with Karen. I asked her to send him over to me.

“Ed, does you plane have enough fuel to fly from where it is to Miami.”

He thought for a moment and then laughed. “For a second there, I thought you meant for me to fly to Miami, Florida. Yeah, the DC-2 is only about 50 or 60 miles away. I have more than enough fuel for that.”

“Okay, let’s go get your DC-2 now and fly it back here before something happens to it. A dinosaur might take it into its head to see if the thing is edible, and that would play hell with it. Is there anything you need to do before we leave?”

“No, I’m ready right now, but don’t you need to file a flight plan?”

I laughed and said, “How many planes do you think are in the air right now? All I have to do is to tell AI where I am going.”

“Okay, I can’t argue with that.”

“Ed, you sit in the left seat, and I’ll take the one on the right.” We did the conventional preflight check and climbed into the cockpit of AF1. I lowered the canopy, and we were ready to taxi out for our takeoff.

We taxied out, and Ed asked, “I know nothing about electric motors on planes. Do I need to rev up the engine or anything like that.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.