Shockwave - Cover

Shockwave

Copyright© 2018 by JRyter

Chapter 12

After our meal, everyone helped to clear the table and put away the leftovers.

As I watched them clear the kitchen, I pulled Adam aside and told him my thoughts.

“Adam, we’re going to need domestic help, as of – yesterday. We’re going to need tutors for all the kids we have coming. We’re going to need mass transportation, and we’re going to need re-usable diapers – lots of re-usable diapers,” I told him and he agreed.

Before everyone scattered, I called a family meeting to address these matters...

“ ... Okay, we just had our first meal in our new home as a family. It took three people working two hours to prepare the meal and all of us pitched in to clear the table and clean the kitchen. I spoke to Adam and he agrees – we need domestic help. I think we also need to hire tutors to teach the four kids we have now and those we’re expecting soon...

“We’ll need some sort of mass transportation to get all of them, and us, to and from the places we’ll need to go. We will soon need bundles of re-usable diapers, to keep from causing a mountain of disposable diapers from accumulating, at least during the first two or three weeks for each baby ... that is if they progress as fast as these first four have.”

Savana was first to speak up, “Boyd – Andrea and I will get with Lenora and Constance and find us some good, local domestic help, to cook and clean both houses.”

“Good, I knew the two of you would want to take care of this. Any other suggestions or solutions?”

Leigh offered her input. “Boyd, Susan and I can help with the tutors. We’ve dealt extensively with the teachers unions and we’ve met some really progressive younger teachers at all levels, who would jump at an opportunity to teach these kids. From what we’ve witnessed with the first four, we have a generation of geniuses coming forth and there’s going to be a tremendous challenge, teaching them and keeping them from being bored.”

“Both of you just got volunteered to find us at least two teachers, initially. Please get with all the Moms and Moms-to-be and get input on who, and how many we’ll need in the long run. We’ll also need background checks on whoever we bring in here, part time or long term - Cooks and household help. We’ll have no time, nor place later, for mistakes that we can eliminate on the front end.”

Jerl raised his hand and spoke up, “Boyd, we can take care of the transportation. Lester and I have two late model school buses on our lot which were used to transport high school athletic teams to and from games. We can convert them, paint them and have them here in two weeks.”

Then Lester added, “Boyd, I know we’re not a part of your operation, but we’d love to be and we hope to work into a permanent position here with you and your family.”

“Lester, we’ve seen the way you and Jerl keep getting closer to Cathy and Jennette, and we may as well get this out in the open now...

“If the four of you have sincere feelings, we want you to act on them. We want you and Jerl to feel like you are a part of our planning, and assembling of new prototypes. We wish you both luck if you decide to act on your feelings toward Cathy and Jennette. They are important to us and our operation here, and we can’t have any domestic distractions now or later when we get this whole thing up and running the way we see it barreling down at us in the near future.”

Cathy took Jerl’s hand and pulled it over to touch her swollen belly, “Boyd, I can speak for myself and I’ve already told Jennette how I feel about Jerl. I want this country boy to love me. I want him to be the daddy, when I have my babies.”

“Congratulations Cathy. He’s a good man and I approve of your choice.”

Jennette summed it up. “Those are my sentiments exactly Boyd. I want Lester to be a part of my life as well, and I want him to be the daddy of my twins from the day they’re born. I hope all of you approve. Cathy and I have talked a lot about these brothers since we met them. We love them and we want to be with them. Right here at Lightfoot, with all of you if we can.”

“HEAR, HEAR!” The room erupted in cheers of approval for Cathy and Jennette.

“OK Guys, looks like you’re in. The pay isn’t much on the front end, but the benefits are out of this world. When we get into production with our Power Modules and our New Age Fuel Cells – with our turbine engines, you’ll both make more money than you ever dreamed in your lifetime,” I told them.

“Heck, we’d work for nothing to be here with these two girls and just be a part of what you folks are doing,” Jerl said with Lester nodding in agreement.


One week later Adam ran into our bedroom – waking Savana, Andrea and me. He was nervous, trying to tell us Kendra was about to deliver.

“Boyd, run down to get Liz, Lisa and Laura. We’ll meet you at the lake,” Savana said as she and Andrea left with Adam.

Connie and Nora were awake and so were the kids. There was no way we’d keep any of them from going, so I told the cousins to get them down to the lake and they could welcome their cousins, brothers, and sisters into the world. As I ran from the bedroom, I saw Hawk and Falcon grab their sisters’ hands and take off ahead of Nora and Connie as fast as they could run ... and damn, can those four kids run!

“Liz, we have another maternity call,” I said as I ran into the room where they slept.

The three of them jumped up and grabbed their medical bags to run with me out to the lakeside.

I watched as they ran past me, their slender bodies looking sexy – ready for babies themselves. I remembered it had been just over two weeks since the night at the lake when their own bodies were transformed into the sexy shapes they now have. I knew Cathy would probably be next on the delivery list – if there is a list. But then, Cathy should have been before Kendra – damn I’m getting confused...

By this time, both households were up and heading out to the lake shore.

“Where is Cathy,” Liz asked. Laura ran toward the rear entrance of the house to find her, and met Cathy coming out. She was grinning, holding her hands underneath her swollen belly as she walked gingerly toward us.

“Cathy?” Liz said.

“Yes, me too,” she said as Laura and Lisa grabbed her arms to help her down to the waters edge.

Adam and Andrea went down with Kendra. Savana and I went down with Cathy as the others prepared for the birth of four more little ones.

Liz, Lisa and Laura took over, and with the professionalism of their military training and medical expertise, they had the Kendra and Cathy lying back across the glowing meteorite. One lying opposite the other.

Adam poked my arm as he pointed toward Connie and Nora sitting nearby on the lake bottom. Each had two of the kids standing beside them as they sat cross legged, Indian style.

The kids wanted a ringside seat and they had one. Connie started singing a little song I’d learned when I was a kid.

One little, two little, three little Indians. Four little, five little, six little Indians. Seven little, eight little, nine little Indians. Ten little Indian boys.”

Ten little, nine little, eight little Indians. Seven little, six little, five Indians. Four little, three little two little Indians.

One little Indian boy.

Hawk, Falcon, Tana and Jana loved this jingle and started singing along, each swinging their hands through the water as if they were directing a choir. They repeatedly sang the little song the whole time the babies were being delivered. Before long, all of us were singing along with them. The nurses too, sang as they delivered twin girls for both Kendra and Cathy.

The babies were first shown to their mothers, then passed around for all to see. The four, first-born kids were ecstatic as they saw their siblings being born and then got a look at them up close.

We swam to the top as Adam and I each carried a baby with Savana and Andrea each carrying a baby. Within minutes of breaking the surface of the water, the newborns were laughing, flailing their arms and kicking their legs. With the others looking on, we released the four baby girls and watched as they swam around in the water. Hawk, Falcon, Jana and Tana swam over to them, then, with just a look and a nod of their heads, the eight of them swam out away from us.

We were reluctant to let the four newborn do this at first. Then we saw what would happen with the first four leading the way. The eight babies, four newborn and four - two week old babies, swam completely across the lake and back. Of course Nora, Connie, Kendra and Cathy were swimming beside them – just in case – they they told us.

We were sitting in shallow water, Falcon and Hawk were nursing Savana’s breasts. Tana and Jana were nursing Andrea’s breasts. The newborns looked at them, then swam to Cathy and Kendra, where the two sets of twins began nursing.

“Names?” Adam said as he sat beside Kendra watching the two babies nurse.

Kendra said, “Third born daughter is Toni Lightfoot, fourth born daughter is Loni Lightfoot,” she said, as she and Adam shared a hug and a kiss as the babies filled their bellies.

“Omigod, I’m going to name my babies, I love this,” Cathy said as she looked at me. Savana put her arms around Cathy as they sat side by side in the shallow water, nursing their babies.

“Go ahead Cathy, we know you’ve thought of names,” Andrea said.

“Robbi Lightfoot is the fifth born daughter. Bobbi Lightfoot is the sixth born daughter.”

We heard the phone ringing on the outdoor alarm and Suma ran to the deck to take the call. Now that was a fine sight — Suma running, her sexy butt swishing and swaying as she ran. When she turned in the dim light, I could see her baby-bump beginning to show.

“Boyd, you’re wanted on the phone,” Suma yelled.

“Who is it calling this time of night?” I asked, taking the phone.

“Sounds like General Langston to me,” she said, walking away.

“Boyd here.”

“Boyd – Lloyd Langston – I need your help immediately.”

“Yes Sir, what’s up?”

“Boyd we have a crisis in Mexico City and we need your help. Can you come to DC immediately?”

“I’ll leave here within five minutes.”

“How long will it take you to get here?”

“What is it, eleven hundred miles?”

“Close to that.”

“Less than eight minutes once I’m airborne. It will take me a few minutes to get dressed and on the way.”

“See you at the Pentagon. We’ll have a small red laser-light pointing to the sky, follow it down.”

“See you shortly, Sir.”

I ran into our bedroom and grabbed my flight suit. It seems that when I’m in a hurry, the suit is always hard to pull on and zip up. I grabbed my flight helmet and face shield. I knew I was going to be over Mach-10 on the way. I tapped the main power source twice and powered up my gadgets and gauges. They glowed with a green back-light as the red numbers and test sequences flickered, then became constant.

I slipped on my rubber deck-shoes, patting down each leg to make sure my leg pouches were loaded with canteens. I did this as I ran from the room and down the stairs.

As I ran out onto to the lake shore, Savana and Andrea jump to their feet. The whole family group came to stand around as I told them what the call was about and where I was going in such a hurry.

“Boyd, be careful ... we love you,” Savana spoke first.

“I’ll be fine. Adam can keep in contact until I have to shut the signal off. See all of you soon.”

I leaned over to pick up Hawk and Falcon – holding them, one on each arm close to my face.

“No flying until I return. Then, the three of us will take a fun trip... Oklahoma?” I looked at them as they looked at each other.

Oklahoma!“ They both agreed.

I hugged Jana and Tana. Then, turning to kiss the newborns, I patted them on their butts.

“Bye Boyd,” I heard a chorus of goodbyes as I soared into the night sky.

Eagle Base?” I called as I made a sweep to the northeast, setting my GPS.

Go ahead Eagle One – Adam’s voice came in clear.

I forgot to tell Eagle Nest to get me military clearance all the way to DC, will you make sure that’s done?

Flip the rocker switch on your transmitter, you’ll be on military frequency and General Langston’s men will monitor all your calls...

I flipped the switch while Adam was still talking, and gave my call sign.

Eagle One to Eagle Nest.

Go ahead Eagle One, the general is listening.

I need flight clearance all the way, I’ll be there in minutes.

We’ll make the call now, bring it on, Eagle One. What is your speed at this time?

Six-nine-nine-zero knots, I answered, glancing at my indicator to see the numbers constantly flashing higher.

Damn, he’s kicking Mach-10,” I heard General Langston in the background and I had to smile.

Five minutes later my GPS buzzed on my wrist as I saw the lights shining up the sides of the Washington Monument. I banked to look down at the Pentagon and saw the red laser flashing on and off.

I settled to the ground next to the Marine who was flashing the light. He didn’t see me until I was beside him.

He jumped two feet straight into the air when he turned to see me.

Eagle-One here to see General Langston, Corporal,” I said as I flipped my shield back over my head and removed my stretch-helmet.

“This way, Sir. I’ve heard about you, but no way was I prepared for this.”

Once inside, another uniformed soldier led me down a long hallway. He knocked on a thick wooden door and a buzzer sounded as the door opened to reveal a long table with ten uniformed men seated around it. Each of them had medals, ribbons and stripes across their chests. Two had three stars on their shoulder boards. One had four stars.

‘This is Big Time’ I thought as General Langston introduced me to the room.

“Tell them where you were eight minutes ago Mr. Lightfoot,” he said, looking around the room as he spoke.

“Near Custer City, Oklahoma – about eighty miles west of Oklahoma City.”

“I’d love to fly with you one day Mr. Lightfoot. What aircraft do you fly at those speeds?” An older general asked.

“Just me, Sir.”

“Langston ... Is this the man of The Cherokee you were telling us about the other day? The man you swore could fly?”

“Yes, General Albritton. Meet Boyd Elliot Lightfoot, a Cherokee Indian with amazing abilities.”

He wasted no time, “Mr. Lightfoot, I am in dire need of help. I have a family member who is being held for ransom by La Rojo Perro, one of the largest and most notorious drug cartels in Mexico. The last contact we had with her was when she arrived in Mexico City three days ago. We received a message from the cartel this morning demanding twenty-five million in cash or she and her friend would die, and I could watch on video as she was raped then beheaded.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.