Shockwave
Chapter 9

Copyright© 2018 by JRyter

General Langston asked a member of his staff to bring out the contracts for the all the branches of the military. He had a separate set of contracts for the FBI – The CIA had their own contracts.

“I’ll keep these and have our attorneys look them over,” I told him and put the stack of large envelopes under my arm.

“Mr. Lightfoot, we were hoping to get some of these signed today.” A lower ranking general spoke up.

“You can take them back with you unsigned or leave them with me. The choice is yours! We have to do this the right way for us, regardless of how you’ve planned for it your convenience.”

He looked at me and spoke sort of huffy. “Sir, I take offense at your statements.”

“Then take your ass off my land and be sure to tell the President the reason we didn’t sign any of your contracts or agree to show our generator, was because you took offense!”

He quickly changed his tune, “Mr. Lightfoot, just let us know when we can pick up the signed contracts. If there are any changes we need to make, be sure to make note of them.” I knew he was chewing his tongue as he spoke.

“Thank you Sir, you’ll hear from our attorneys very soon.”

General Langston had his crew gathered, and after an apology for the other general’s rudeness, and his promise to return soon, he left the ranch.

General Calderon and General Billings both laughed at the way things had gone with some of the people from Washington. Even General Langston was shaking his about it, when he left.

“Mr. Lightfoot, I have a pilot I would like you to meet one day soon, when you’re near Oklahoma City,” General Billings told me.

“Honeybee?”

He laughed, then told me, “Yes, she still swears she saw a man flying.”

“I’ll stop by and see her, Sir.

“General Calderon, it was a pleasure seeing you again. Whenever you’re ready to move your men in here and begin security operations, let me know.”

“We’ll be contacting you within the week, Boyd ... I’m glad to see that you’re still trying to sort all this through the right channels.”

“Yes Sir – we’re trying. We knew it wouldn’t be easy, but we’re willing to try, in order to make this happen. We have a lot of new technology to show – as soon as we get someone who will listen.”

We said our goodbyes and soon, the pasture across the road was once again empty. All was quiet and Carlton was back to working on his baby.


Two weeks after we saw the first power being generated by the converted Honda generator, Carlton had the full-size generator prototype ready.

He had it mounted it on two stainless steel rails, using rubber bushings.

The unit sounded like a refrigerator running in a kitchen. I had to stand next to it to hear it, even when he kicked it up to full RPMs. The armature shafts on the dual dynamos are connected end to end by a flex coupling, allowing them to run in tandem. The casings are the diameter of fifty-five gallon drums and once connected end to end they were just about the length of two oil drums. The armatures have double windings of copper wire and are the heaviest parts of the generator, and the only moving parts.

The roller bearings run in a pressurized, graphite base, heat resistant, heavy synthetic lubricant – developed by Adam and Carlton especially for this operation. The cooling fins are attached to the shafts, in front of and behind the dynamos, and each of the oversize bearing housings.

Carlton has taken an older model, General Electric turbo-shaft jet engine from a wrecked double wing Grumman Ag-Cat, and converted it from jet fuel to the New Age Fuel. He made his fuel cell from a piece of four inch stainless steel pipe that he’d taken to a friend and had it glass lined, inside and out, with a heavy layer of white, heat hardened ceramic. The fuel cell is about half the diameter of a quart jar. The total weight of the jet turbine powered generator was only thirty-eight hundred pounds, and it fits inside the back of a pickup with the tailgate closed. According to Carlton’s calculations, this generator will run at twenty-nine thousand RPMs and never build heat above one hundred eighty degrees F°.

About the same as a V-8 car engine.

We had the Pentagon, the Oklahoma Governor and Senators – the mayor of Oklahoma City, and local officials, plus the national and local media – all invited to be present the day we’d set to reveal the generator pulling a full load. Carlton has already put it through a load-test, but he was never able to make the output gauge move from the minimum peg. We needed to connect to an electrical power grid the size of Oklahoma City.

We received permission for this test as soon as the President called the governor and asked that he and the state senators oversee this new power generating plant which would be coming into Oklahoma City on the day of the test.

To the last man and woman, they were skeptical to say the least, that something this small could generate that much power during peak usage in early July, here in central Oklahoma.

Carlton has spent hours on the phone with the engineers at the switching station outside Oklahoma City, where we’ll make the switch from the Oklahoma Electric Cooperative powering Oklahoma City, to the New Age Electric Power Module.

He called the Public Service Commission and asked for their help in making the switch, and to help answer any questions the media may have. Carlton is as good at covering his ass as any man I’ve ever met. He smiled as he told me it was all set. He assured Adam and me that he had all the necessary tools and connectors lined up at the switching station in order to make the switch.

If Carlton said it would work, step back and watch this baby run the entire state of Oklahoma, AND Texas if necessary.

The next day we were all busy, taking care of some last minute loose ends – but again – Carlton began to worry.

He was worried now that there wasn’t going to be enough load on the generator to really let it show its true potential for the national media. He wanted more service area available.

I told him, “Call the Commissioner at the Public Service office and ask if he can have another service area available in case we need to increase the load.”

“I’ve thought of that, but he was really skeptical about us powering all of Oklahoma City. We need more energy load, Boyd. I want to make them stand up and take notice of what we have here. They’ve sent every radiation expert in the world out here to test for radiation. They know there’s nothing to worry about with the fuel source. We need a BIG initial test, to get this over to the national media, the general public, and the politicians.

I turned to Kendra, “Kendra, I need to talk to General Langston, ASAP.”

“I’ll try to get through and leave a message, Boyd.”

I heard her on the phone, as she spoke to her former boss. She knows her way around, this girl does. I looked at her and she whispered, “I’m being transferred,” she said, giving me an OK sign.

“Yes, this is Kendra Solomon. I need to speak with General Langston for a moment please; tell him Boyd Lightfoot is waiting to speak to him.”

“I understand, and I’m sure that if you were to give him the message, he would thank you for interrupting. Yes, that’s right – Boyd Lightfoot, from Oklahoma...

“ ... Hello General, yes I’m fine. Boyd wants to talk to you if you have a minute, Sir. Yes Sir, you too – here he is.”

“Hello General. I know you’re a busy man, but we need a little arm twisting to help us get full the energy load we need, just to be able to show the world what our new generator is capable of...”

“Yes Sir, we’ve called them. They’re still skeptical, as we knew they would be.”

“Yes Sir, I sure would appreciate whatever you could do to help. We need a full load on this unit to show she can perform better than anything in operation to date in America. Yes Sir, the whole state of Oklahoma will be fine. No Sir, it won’t hurt if there are other feeds crossing into border states. The more the better ... the entire State of Texas – if you can make it happen.”

“Yes Sir, General and thank you.”

“Damn,” I muttered as I hung up.

“What Boyd? Did he say he’d help?” Carlton asked.

“He’s already talked to the President and they’ll both be here to kick this thing off big time. You better have your baby singing its own lullaby. They’re behind this one-hundred percent, and the President wants to see it run wide open. They’ve been looking at all the power grids for Oklahoma and the entire State of Texas. The President wants us to have all the load we’ll need to run at maximum output.”

“Bring them on – we can handle all the extra loads they throw at us. We can run the whole Southwestern part of United States, if they’ll let us,” Carlton said, slapping my hand as I held it out.

I could tell he had something else on his mind, then he looked at me and spoke. “Boyd, I was wondering if maybe we could leave our prototype connected to the city’s power grid for about a month, free of charge? You know, just to show the world what we have and what it will mean to the economy.”

“Great idea, Carlton. You get another pay raise. We’ll try like hell to get approval for it run the entire state, all summer for free, as a demo for things to come ... As long as they agree to pass the free usage on to the customers.”


Susan Renee’ Taylor and Leigh Ann Turner, from Cunningham Law firm in Stillwater, arrived the night before we were to leave for Oklahoma City to prepare for the demonstration of our New Age Electric Power Module.

Both were dressed in casual clothes – jeans and pullover shirts. Damn do they ever looked good. Andrea and Savana took them for a long walk to get them acquainted with the layout of the place and let them relax before the big day in Oklahoma City tomorrow.

Of course they wandered their way over to the lake and the building site where the two homes are now framed, and in the dry. By then, they had all become friends and it took only a joking suggestion from Savana, for the four of them go skinny dipping in the lake.

This was to be my cue, to suddenly join them, when I heard Andrea and Savana clapping their hands in glee that the two beautiful, straight laced attorneys were going to get naked and swim in the lake. After stripping naked, the first thing they did was hold hands. With Savana and Andrea on the outside, the four of them lined up and ran into the lake.

They had just reached the meteorite when I swam down to join them. Suddenly, they realized there was no need to hold their breath, and they could talk and hear underwater.

“I hope you girls don’t mind if I swim with you, the thought of all of you swimming naked was too much to resist,” I told them as we stood in the red glow of the meteorite.

“Boyd, we’re so glad you came. We were just telling Susan and Leigh that each of us were sitting on this rock when we made love and you planted your seed in our bellies less than a month ago,” Savana said.

Andrea looked at me and said, “We want to hire both of them for our corporate attorneys. We’re going to need more legal advice than these girls have ever been involved with before.”

“Oh Andrea, we really do want to. I’m shaking now, just looking at Boyd in front of me. Will you really let us work for you exclusively? Can we make enough to get by?” she asked.

Once they had the two attorneys convinced to join our project, Andrea turned to me...

“Do them Boyd, we need babies in their bellies,” Andrea said.

Savana turned to kiss me, then helped the young attorneys up to sit side by side, naked and inviting on the warm red meteorite. I made sure the population of the Lightfoot Clan was on the rise once more, by planting my seed in those two immaculately kept gardens.

I pointed up, and with fingers laced, the five of us drifted slowly toward the surface. When we surfaced, Savana hugged and kissed Leigh and Susan, then Andrea kissed them. The four of them were laughing as the two attorneys were officially welcomed into our corporation and our clan.

Savana looked at me and said, “Take them up Boyd.”

“What do you mean by that?” Leigh asked just before we soared out of the water with both attorney’s screaming and laughing. We flew over the building site, still lit by the converted generator. Then we flew to Oklahoma City and on up to Stillwater, before making a wide sweep over Tulsa, then back to the lake shore.

“Boyd – I’m so glad to be here with all of you.

“Aren’t you Leigh?” Susan said.

“I can’t imagine ever going back to Stillwater. We’ll just have to think of a way to get Cheryl to let us go, without a big squawk,” Leigh said.

“Leave that to Savana and Andrea. We’ll get you here free and clear. You’ll have to work your butts off with all the legal stuff we have on the table, but if you’re willing to do what it takes, each of you will be millionaires in a year’s time.”

Susan told me, “We belong here with you and your people Boyd, and we love it here already. I’m so happy to be going to Oklahoma City with all of you tomorrow. This will be the biggest thing to hit the news since the Atomic Bomb in World War Two.”

Leigh spoke up and added, “I agree Susan, we can help make this the best and biggest corporation on earth. Not to mention the healing powers of the lake water. Thank you Boyd – thank all of you for letting us be a part of what you’re doing out here.”

“Let’s get some sleep, we have a big day tomorrow. Leigh do you and Susan mind sleeping with the Cherokee cousins? We’ll have plenty of room soon and then you can sleep anywhere you like.”

“I hope they like to cuddle, because I need to be held,” Leigh answered.

“Then you’ll love these two, they’re hot blooded and ready for anything.”

“They want Boyd also, but they’re willing to wait until Savana and I have our twins. Then Boyd is going to impregnate both of them and we’ll all have babies at the same time,” Andrea told them.

“When will you and Andrea deliver?” Leigh asked.

“In a few days.”

“And you’ve been pregnant less than a month?” Susan asked in surprise.

“Yes, each of you will have babies within a month.”

“Let’s get back to the house, we need to be up early tomorrow,” I told them as I held Savana and Andrea, while they linked arms with Leigh and Susan. We floated slowly over to the home place, settling down in the yard with Custer barking his welcome.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.