The Drifter - Cover

The Drifter

Copyright© 2016 by JRyter

Chapter 7

Western Sex Story: Chapter 7 - The story of a boy who spends his younger days living in a rundown shack beside a railroad. The lonesome sound of the outward bound, gives the boy a restless itch to go west. He's thirteen when his Ma dies, and the yearning to follow the restless wind grows until there comes a day he can no longer deny his need to roam. There is some sex in this story, as the boy begins learning how to be a man.

Caution: This Western Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   Consensual   Western   White Male   Hispanic Female  

And the wayward wind is a restless wind
A restless wind that yearns to wander...

When we rode up to the front of the house, there was an older man who walked across the barnyard to take our horses. I told him I’d have to unload my packsaddle when I found out where I was staying.

“I’m called Nettleton ... Boss done told me you’d be in the foreman’s shack. There’s a rope pulley back there, I’ll lift your packsaddle off and put it on the porch so you can unpack it before I take it to the barn.”

“Well, let me get my saddlebags off of Red. Watch him now, he’s sort of touchy if he’s not used to you,” I told him and stepped over to pat Red’s neck and tell him I’d see him later. I was pulling my saddlebags off when the man stepped around Red to look at me sort of strange.

“You talk to your horse?” the man asked, laughing as if he didn’t see or hear me talking to him.

“Well, yes. Red and I are best friends.”

Maggie was waiting for me on the front porch and I followed her inside. She’d heard what was said between Nettleton and me.

“They’ll test you, Joss. Kane says the older wranglers test all the new hired hands. Especially the younger ones. It’s all in fun to them, he says. You can trust Nettleton, but I have a feeling the others will take one look at you and try to push you to find your boundaries,” Maggie told me just as Kane walked into the big front room where we stood.

“Joss, I see Maggie brought you here in one piece. Since you survived the skirmish she told me she had planned for you, that means you’ll be the wrangler foreman and have foreman’s pay.”

“Kane, are you sure? I’m not a truly proven bronc rider, and for sure I’m not a wrangler. I don’t know the first thing about being a foreman either.”

“You learn fast and you’re already good enough for me. Throw your saddlebags out on the back porch of your new living quarters and I’ll take you out to meet the rest of the bunch before dinner.”

He walked out the back door with me and I laid my saddlebags on top of my packsaddle where Nettleton had put it on the porch.

We had started around the big house when he told me, “I heard what Maggie was telling you just I came into the room. She’s right about the men, but they’ll soon learn like I did – that you’re a man who can handle himself, no matter what. You’ll quickly have Nettleton at your back. He’s a good man. He knows and understands men even better than I do. The others will test you, but the best way to shut them up is ride a horse none of them can ride.”

“Do we start riding broncs today?”

“I’ll leave that up to you. If they get on your back too hard, just tell them that you do your talking in the saddle, and only a coward talks to a man’s back. There’s a big Red Roan mare back there that none of them can ride. Ride her and she’ll belong to you and Red. All I’ll ask out of the deal is her first colt she throws by Red.”

“Kane, sometimes I think you’ve got more confidence in me than I’ve got in myself!” He was still laughing when we walked into the stable.

“You really have some fine horse stock here, Kane,” I told him as we walked down the breezeway of the stable. Each stall on both sides had a horse in it and they were the best fed, best groomed, and best looking horses I’d ever seen in one bunch at one time.

“We pride ourselves on good horse stock, Joss. The ones we bring in and break each year are from other horse traders and breeders who work with me to keep the best bloodlines in our herds.”

“You said you had a big mare back there that no one could ride. Where did she come from?”

“She’s only a year older than your stud. She comes from some of the best stock in Kansas. I got her cheap because no man could ride her. When you ride her, and tame her down some, I want to breed her with Red.”

“You want Red’s blood in your herd?”

“He’s big, well-built and he’s got the best color of any Red Roan I’ve ever seen. He’ll mark his colts for years, with his high, Red Roan color. That big old girl back there will make Red a pure Red Roan broodmare if we keep her clear of the other studs. Red Roans never lose their natural color as they age, and a true Red Roan mare and stud can throw colts that will pass that color down for generations to come.”

We walked through the stable and out to the corral where there were four men hanging onto the rails. They were watching another man as he tried to stay on a well bred young Buckskin filly. He flew from the saddle and the others were laughing as they rushed out to help him up. He was dusting his britches with his hat when they got to him and he swatted his big hat at the three of them.

Then he yelled at them. “I told you to tighten that damn cinch. Ain’t none of you can ride her either, with that saddle bouncing loose on her back like that.”

Kane handed me his calfskin gloves and told me, “Go ride her, Joss. The front and back girths are plenty tight. That’s Grady, the only wrangler I’ve had for over a year. I usually cut them loose once we break the new herd and start breeding. Go ride that horse and if they put you down, I’ll tell them to bring that big Red Roan mare out here and throw a saddle on her. You can ride any horse on this ranch, Joss. I know that and you do too. You need to prove it to my men and to yourself, right here in front of me on your first day here. You’re the new foreman as long as you’re here and when time comes for you to ride on, the job will be open until you come back this way. Now, go show them what I already know about you.”

I smiled as I pulled his gloves on.

“Just a fit!”

“They’re yours now...

Grady! I have a new bronc rider here who can ride that little Buckskin!” Kane yelled and the men looked over toward me as I stepped through the rails of the corral.

“Boss, we ain’t got time to school no snot-nosed kids, even if this’n is overgrown!” Grady talked aloud to Kane as he walked to the corral fence where Kane stood outside with one foot on the bottom rail, his elbows resting four rails up.

I couldn’t hear what else was said after that, but before I could reach the buckskin filly, two of the younger men had her and were leading her to the center of the corral.

She’s barely fourteen hands and she’s put together as nice and fit as any horse I saw back in the stable.

I pulled her bottom lip down and looked at her teeth. I’d seen a man back in Sedalia do that. Then I made sure the bit fit in her mouth right. Polk taught me that. Before I mounted, I leaned over to talk to her gentle like.

‘Hey little girl, they call me Joss. I’m going to ride you today, and I want it to be the first time I get on you too. Just let me have my way and I’ll make sure that you have the best there is to offer here at the Double K’

I was whispering in her ear and she never pulled away from my face as I talked to her.

When I draped the reins over her neck and stepped back beside her, one of the wranglers stepped up with a sack, about to throw it over her head.

“Just hold her bridle to keep her from backing out from under me ... leave the sack off her face,” I told him and swung to the saddle.

She was ready for me, but I was ready for her too when she started to buck like hell. I knew right then, she didn’t understand a damn word I’d just told her, the way Red did that first time I talked to him. She’s a short-coupled little horse and she can throw her body into the air and come down with such a force it rattled my teeth. But I hung on her back like I was part of the saddle. She bucked back and forth across the corral, then she bucked and whirled in circles, then she bucked and kicked and ran until she gave out. I had to wonder if she wasn’t already worn down when I got on her. I rode her three circles around the corral and stopped her. Then I turned her back to ride her the other way three full circles before I stopped her where Kane stood with Grady. I tossed the reins over the saddlehorn and patted her neck. She just stood there looking at me.

“You did really good, little girl. I’m proud of you,” I leaned over and spoke to her.

“Ain’t no way in hell that damn horse knows what you just said. She was wore plumb down before you come out here anyway. I coulda rode her myself, the next go-round,” Grady said as he stared at me.

I leaned over close to his face and told him plainly, “Maybe you could’ve ... But you didn’t. By the way, I’m Joss,” I said and stuck my hand out. He had his glove on and I did too. When he shoved his hand into mine, I clamped down on him. I only gave him a light squeeze, but he knew I had him.

“Bring the big roan mare out, Hilly,” Kane said and the youngest of the men took off toward the back of the corral.

“Boss, ain’t no way in hell this kid can ride that wild-ass mare. We’ve all had a go on her and she can’t be rode just yet. She needs to settle down and get used to her new home another week or so before we ruin her trying to break her to ride.”

“Joss can ride her. Go get his saddle off that Red Roan stud of his over there in the barn, and put it on her.”

Grady looked at me, then back at Kane before he turned to do what he was told.

“He’ll never get the saddle off Red without getting hurt, Kane,” I told him and started after Grady.

“ ... Grady, I’ll take his saddle off. He’s not real friendly around some people.”

“Bullshit! I’ve been around horses since I learned to walk, I reckon I can take a saddle off this’un,” he snapped at me.

He had his back to Red, loosening the girth when Red turned back and bit a plug out of his butt, right through the seat of his denims.

Grady was down on the dirt floor of the barn, wallowing and bawling like a lost calf when Nettleton came over and helped him up.

“Come with me, Grady. I’ll put some liniment on that butt-bite so it don’t get infected. Joss tried to tell you that his horse don’t take to some people. Now you’re gonna be laid-up for a few weeks, right here in the middle of bronc-bustin’ time.”

I led Red over to the main corral and took his saddle off. Hilly came around the corral with a Red Roan mare as big as Red.

“Look coming here, Red. If I can ride her, she’ll belong to us and you’ll have your own woman.”

Before they swung the gate open, Red stepped over and rubbed his muzzle against the side of her face, and they grumbled a throaty greeting. I was hoping Red told her that he wanted her to let me ride ... Hell, I was hoping for any help I could get.

Hilly and the other men had Red’s saddle on the mare and she stood every bit as tall as Red. Her head was held high, but she was as calm as she could be.

“You want th’ sack on this’n?” Hilly asked.

“No, I just need to calm her down some so she’ll let me stay on her.”

I stepped around and pulled her head down to talk to her. ‘Look big girl, old Red over there wants you to be his wife, but you’ll have to let me ride you first. Nobody out here but Kane and me, thinks I can ride you. Just get used to me being on your back and we’ll have this little dosey-doe over with soon enough’

With Hilly holding her bridle, I swung to her back. When she bucked, she bucked just like Red did the first time ... She nearly sent me over the top rail of the corral before I could get my butt locked down on the saddle. By the time she’d bucked her way across the corral, I was in time with her moves. I knew right then, I had just earned my second Red Roan. I looked up to see Jo Anne and Emily sitting on the top rail of the corral, on either side of Maggie as they clapped and yelled for me to ride that big mare.

She just kept on bucking around the circle and after the fifth or sixth pass we made, I yelled for them to open the gate. “I’m going to run it out of her!”

We hit that gate with her already running hard and I put my heels in her flanks. She did a fast, kick-n-buck, followed by a buck-n-kick, in mid-stride then took off again. I rode her hard for at least two miles then turned her back. About halfway back, she settled into an easy lope and I rode her back inside the corral just like that. When I jumped to the ground, I hugged her thick neck and she laid her head over my shoulder.

I had to prove to myself and everyone else, that she was broke. I swung right back upon her again and she just stood there until I poked her with my heel. She galloped around the corral for me like I was on Red.

I jumped to the ground this time, right where Kane stood. He was smiling as I reached through the rails and shook his hand.

Nettleton was already rubbing the mare down and she nudged me in my back. I turned and hugged her neck again, and she laid her head over my shoulder one more time.

“She’s your’n Joss. I never thought I’d see the day this big ol’ girl’d let a man stay on ‘er back. You’re a helluva bronc buster’s all I gotta say bout’che.”

“Thanks, Nettleton. She’ll throw some fine colts with Red’s blood running deep in them.”

“That she will, Joss ... that she will, Ol’ Son. I’ll put her’n Red back in a stall and feed ‘em, after I wipe ‘em down s’more. I reckon I better split ‘em up ‘til we know for sure they’ll take ta one ‘nother.”

“I’ll leave that up to you, Nettleton. I trust you with Red, no one else has ever put a hand on him except me. You witnessed that yourself.”


“Joss, let’s go eat some dinner. You made me hungry, watching that bronc riding demonstration,” Kane told me as I stepped through the rails to see Maggie, Jo Anne and Emily standing there.

I didn’t reach for them, but I sure did want to. We walked five abreast across the yard toward the house with the women all talking at once, telling me how proud they were of me.

Hell, I was proud of my own self.

As soon as we stepped inside the front room, Jo Anne grabbed me in a bear-hug that nearly took the wind out of me as I reached for my hat.

“Joss, I am so damn proud of you. I have never in my life seen a man like you. I am so happy that you’re here with us. Please be aware that Emily and I both want to be alone with you as soon as we can.”

I looked over at Kane and Maggie. They were both smiling their approval of what she’d just said. I knew I owed her an answer and I finally thought one up for her.

“Jo Anne, I’m really proud to be here with you and your family, too. I now work for the Boss-Man over there and when you have his permission for us to be alone, I’ll be glad to accompany you and Emily someplace where we can talk in private.”

“Thank you, Joss. Uncle Kane and Aunt Maggie have already given us their blessing. After we eat, Emily and I will show you that special place we’ve picked out. Now, you hug my best friend, Emily and let’s go eat. We have plans for you.”

Emily came at me as if she was sliding on ice, she moved so smooth. I held my arms out to her and she smiled.

“Joss, I have never been around an exhibition such as the one you put on out there. I have a totally new admiration for you after seeing that. You are a man in so many more ways than I have ever dreamed a man could be. You amazed Maggie, Jo Anne and me out there. You are a man, and I better never hear of anyone calling you a boy, ever again!”

“Thank you, Emily. I was trying so hard to stay on both horses because I wanted to be good for you women and for Kane. He has more confidence in me than I have in myself. All of you make me feel special and I like the feeling.”

I hung my hat on a peg beside Kane’s as we went through the doorway into a big room they called the dining room. The table in the middle of the room was long and oval shaped. The dishes and tableware were already set in front of each chair. I counted ten chairs, and all of them were set. Kane went to the far end of the table and Maggie hooked her arm through mine to escort me to the end opposite Kane.

“Kane sits at the head of the table. You’ll sit here facing him. This is your place. This is your home as long as you wish to stay with us. Forever, would make all of us very happy,” she told me and smiled as I stood looking around the table at them.

Maggie took her place next to Kane, on his right. Jo Anne was next to me, on my right, Emily sat across from her, on my left.

I had just pulled my chair out to sit down when a young woman walked past me, looking back at me with a smile as she carried a covered dish. She placed the dish in the middle of the table and Maggie stood to move over next to her.

“Joss, this is Alina Pilatta.

“Alina, this is Joss Wayward, our new foreman. He’s moving into the foreman’s shack out back. You’ll need to help him sort and store his belongings after we eat.”

As Maggie talked, she was leading the tall Mexican girl over to where I stood. She’s what Kane calls a beauty. She’s wearing a long, faded blue dress that sweeps the floor. She has a white apron over her dress that comes to her knees then up to cover her extremely large bosom, with a strap around her neck. The sleeves on her dress come to her wrists, ending with white cuffs, starched stiff as her apron. She’s way larger than Jo Anne, Juanita or Mrs. McIntyre, under that apron’s bib. Her waist is like a wasp, she’s so small – making the outward thrust of her bosom look even larger. Her eyes are dark and her eyelashes are the longest and the blackest I’ve ever seen on a woman. Her ruby colored lips look like she may be pouting, but she’s smiling at me now. Her skin is a light, dusty chocolate and her face is as smooth as Emily and Jo Anne’s naked breasts.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.