Country Boy - Cover

Country Boy

Copyright© 2018 by SW MO Hermit

Chapter 16

It took two years for the completion of the first small ship with FTL capability. It was only 230 feet long and held a crew of 13. Much of the equipment and many of the instruments used in the construction were salvaged from the original mother ship although there were some newly manufactured pieces also. The second ship, already being built, would almost entirely use earth built parts. When they were ready to launch the new ship, Larry broke tradition and announced, for the first time, a flight of one of his alien powered ships. He and Lander sent news releases to all the major world news services with the day, time and location of the first, maiden flight of the TSS (Terran Star Ship) Enterprise. It seemed somehow fitting that this first man made star ship should carry such a proud name from the wet navy in the United States.

Almost before the print was dry on the hard copy media the government announced to the world that not only was it impossible for Larry to fly a starship but if he tried to launch any type of unauthorized craft it would be shot down.

Larry accepted interview requests from the major media sources and disputed the government’s statements. He informed them he and his employees had been voyaging into space now for almost seven years without the government even detecting them, much less stopping them. The uproar that caused was unbelievable.

Of course the government denied Larry ever did such a thing. The President, himself, held a news conference on the subject the day after Larry’s interviews with the news media. He stated, in part, “The detection instruments used by the United States military are the finest in the world. It is absolutely impossible for any flights into or out of the United States to be undiscovered. The statement made yesterday by Mr. Saunders is absolutely false. We believe the United States and the world are under attack by beings from space. If Mr. Saunders is actually an earthman he is fronting for an alien civilization. It is our intention to fight this invasion with the full power of the United States military if the invaders do not surrender immediately. As I speak, military forces of the United States and our Canadian allies are surrounding the known compounds of this alien menace. We will not pause nor will we cease our efforts until this menace is removed from the earth.”

On the announced day, the TSS Enterprise did, indeed, take its maiden voyage. Larry purposefully chose not engage the cloaking and stealth devices when he raised ship. The Enterprise slowly and majestically rose from its cradle in their new star port in southern Georgia. As the ship broke through the shield over the port it continued its slow, steady, even stately rise as it headed for space. At 3,500 feet a flight of fighter craft from the nearest air force base attacked, firing a total of 12 missiles at the ship. None of them made it past the shields.

After the last missile exploded, Larry, acting as Captain of this maiden voyage, came on the air and broadcast a video feed to the world. He said, “Units of the U. S. Air Force have just fired on the TSS Enterprise. There was no damage to this ship or its personnel. We are engaged in private commerce and exploration and obeying all known flight rules for this nation. This is the last time we will allow the United States Government or any other Government or entity to fire upon Terran owned land or equipment with impunity. From now on we will meet force with force. We ask only that we be left in peace but if we are not, we will take action as we did against ISIL, the Taliban and Al Qaeda. We will tolerate no further attacks in any manner. We will meet force with force as I said before. We will meet cyber attack with cyber attack. Be forewarned. Almost from the first time I introduced new technology to this world my people and I have been subject to attack in every form—physical attack, cyber attack and verbal attack. This ends now. Ask the terrorist organizations if it paid them to attack us. Ask the oil cartels if it paid them to attack us. No, it did not. They do not even exist any longer or if they do they are so small and afraid they hide in dark caves like bats or scared dogs.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.