Country Boy
Chapter 8

Copyright© 2018 by SW MO Hermit

After the country—nay, the world—settled down from the impact of the new vehicles and generators, Larry called a meeting of his research staff. When they were all sitting in the plush lounge of the research facility drinking their favorite beverage Larry said, “Well, things are settling down now. Cash is rolling in faster than we can spend it. We still have some fine-tuning and some research we can do to better utilize the generator and electric engines but I have another project I want to begin working on also. I have been thinking about and piddling around with an idea for anti gravity.”

Beth looked up rapidly and said, “But that’s impossible! No one has ever even figured out exactly how gravity is generated or how it works for sure. How can you think about finding a way to negate it?”

“Well, a couple of things I discovered earlier when I was working on the generator and motor got me thinking about that. I am going to do some research along those lines and I may call on one of you from time to time to help me. Of course you each still have your current projects to work on and any you choose to follow on your own just as we do now. I am just telling you I am going to be spending much of my time working on anti gravity.”

Rachel said, “That sounds interesting Larry. Would you mind if I helped? I don’t have anything too interesting or important to work on right now.”

“Fine Rache.”

The meeting continued for another 45 minutes before everyone was done talking business and the meeting degenerated into a jabberfest among friends. Larry looked over at Beth and said, “How are the kids doing Beth? I hear both of them did really well at the state science fair this year.”

Beth snorted and said, “You should have heard. Your two were right there at the same fair. I’m just glad they didn’t compete in the same categories. I don’t know what we would have done if one of them came in second to the other.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.