Summer Storm - Cover

Summer Storm

Copyright© 2018 by radio_guy

Chapter 3

In the morning, I woke early and rousted Sharon. We walked over to the Baker’s RV with our coffee cups with coffee in them. I finished about half of it on the way and had finished all of another one previously.

I knocked on the door to the RV. Misty opened the door and looked delightful and rested. “Come inside. It’s good to see the two of you.”

We came inside. Sharon had a couple of sheets of paper with her. Misty saw our cups and said, “Are you due for fill-ups yet?”

I said, “Yes, please.” I opened the top of my cup and she poured more coffee into it.

“Taylor, do you take anything in it?”

‘Just coffee.” I grinned.

Sharon was already sitting beside Dave so I sat on the other side of the dinette from them. Misty was standing close and said, “I’d planned what I’ve always heard called a western omelet. It’s probably got a different name out here.” She grinned.

“No matter what it’s called. I bet your version is great.”

“Compliments will get you everywhere.” She turned to cook.

I muttered, “I will remember that for later.” To my slight surprise, Misty gave me a slight booty shake. Sharon’s eyes widened as she heard and saw that byplay. It was a delightful booty.

Misty served the omelet with hash browns. Both were delicious. Dave and I had seconds. Sharon explained our day from her sheets of paper giving us a rough schedule. The end of the day would be a rodeo with fireworks following. It all sounded good to me. Misty and I were both wearing jeans with sneakers while the youngsters were wearing shorts and three-button pullover shirts with sneakers.

After cleaning up, we left for my truck carrying light jackets. I drove with Misty in front. Dave and Sharon got in back. Misty sat sideways to talk while I drove us to the first event we would watch.

The parade was small town and fun. It wasn’t like Atlanta parades I had attended in the past but had a true charm about it with horse teams reflecting the western area in which it was held. Part of that charm may also have been Misty who stood by me the entire time. We held hands and she frequently pulled at my arm leaning into me. My daughter and Dave were friendly but not overboard for being in public. I could tell my daughter was interested in the young man and he in her. I had to admit that Misty was very interesting to me. Her actions suggested that she found me of interest also. We were actually more demonstrative than Sharon and Dave.

When the parade ended, we went to the craft fair which was different from ones in the south yet full of friendly vendors like I was used to seeing. It was the crafts that were different. Most were western or Indian themed which, of course, wasn’t a shock. I enjoyed looking and even bought a couple of small things to take back home.

I took everyone to lunch after which we toured the museum which was fascinating. I learned things that I hadn’t known about Buffalo Bill. I also was separated from my daughter and Dave at one point. We were thereby given a chance to talk about any future for Misty and I.

“Misty, I’m enjoying today much more than I had thought. It’s your fault.” I grinned.

She grinned back. “The southern lawyer I’m with is showing me a very good time.” She looked at me seriously though was smiling, too. “Taylor, I’m truly enjoying myself. I love my nephew but I think this time for him and for me has worked out better than we could have imagined. I would like for you and me to stick together for a while and determine where this might go other than just Yellowstone park.”

“That suits me quite well.” I smiled. “I just didn’t want you to think that I’m with you for the sake of my daughter. I’m enjoying being with ‘you’ and their desires are very much secondary. Actually, I’m glad we got away from them for a bit.”

She grinned at me. “It took a while to arrange that, didn’t it?”

I smiled back at her nodding. I gently pulled her into my arms for an embrace giving her every chance to stall or to stop me. She never did. She even put her arms around my neck and gave me a soft kiss. We slowly relaxed our holds on each other. Her eyes were shining as they looked at me.

My daughter and Dave came up. Sharon said, “Smooching in public. What are you planning to do in private?”

I said, “Nothing about which you need any information much less details.” We grinned at them.

As we left the museum, I said, “We could look over the crafts some more, catch an early supper here in town and then go to the rodeo and watch the fireworks after that.” All nodded at me smiling.

Misty and I were walking and holding hands as we wandered around as a foursome. It was quite pleasant. We saw some new craft stalls. We picked a place for an early supper and found we weren’t the only ones with that plan. However, we only had to wait a few minutes before being seated at a table for four. Dave and I seated the ladies across from each other. As he was seating Sharon in her chair, I noticed that his hand slipped down onto her bottom. She didn’t object. I stayed out of a confrontation with him. It might have been innocent though I doubted that.

I’m glad I didn’t say anything because my hand slipped on Misty’s waist and went to her bottom. I didn’t leave it there but made no production of the matter either. While it was accidental, it was enjoyable. I realized as I took my seat that I was attracted to her more than I would ever have calculated. I hadn’t been really interested in a female since Glenda. I was also out of my depth. I was in uncharted emotional water.

We looked at the menu which was heavy in beef and barbeque dishes. I decided on a big steak, fries, and salad. I looked over the wine list and suddenly had help from Misty who was leaning into my side as she “helped” me look over the choices. Her presence created a warm spot on my arm. We selected a rich red from California. It was a brand I knew.

The server came and took our orders. We quickly decided to share an appetizer and I ordered a bottle of the wine. With our orders, the server left. Sharon asked, “Are you trying to get Misty drunk?” She smiled impishly.

Misty replied before I could issue a denial. ‘I hope he is. I might enjoy being his victim.” She grinned.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.