The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die
Chapter: 46 What’s Up?

Copyright© 2018 by Darian Wolfe

June 6th, 2019

Hello Everyone,

I’m sorry for the long delay in the update. Things have been a bit busy on my side. They goofed around with my schedule at work again which of course goofs around with me. I’ve had graduations to attend, ect.

I’ve also been working really hard to forget that I have an illness and just get on with my life within the constraints that I have, Of course, I’m reminded daily that I have issues. I just want to live.

I’m back under house arrest due to the heat which pisses me off. I actually felt like I was sweating yesterday. I had my wife check and I was dry as a bone.

My finger nub is finally about healed and my brain is figuring out the right signals to give me which is good. The nerves which are at my fingertip used to be on the circumference of my finger. When I would touch something with the tip of my finger I would get the feeling that my finger was inside the object. Which is cool and all but weird. My brain is also adjusting for the shorter distance involved. It’s true your brain keeps track of how long your fingers are. It finds it disturbing when it knows that the tip of your finger should be touching something but is not.

In other news, Scrivener my writing software of choice has come out with a new beta version for it’s Windows implementation that includes screenwriting. It’s been out a while I just noticed. I’m giving it a whirl. It allows me to have my complete story making process on one software.

Meghan started fussing at me so now I’m working on LT III. There is no promised timeline. It gets here when it gets here. I’ve heeded some advice as to better mixing the story elements and getting some input from people I trust. There will be some major character development in this one. There will also be codes.

I do feel bad that I didn’t add codes sooner on LT II. Like I said before I’m not real big on being overly protective of peoples feelings as we’re all adults here. But I did set a level of expectation then blew it out of the water with LT II with no warning and that wasn’t fair.

My therapist had to go back to Malaysia as her mother is ill so I now have a new one. I’ve only had one session with her so far. She seems ok. We’ll see.

I have a strong preference for female therapists. Mostly because I was raised by women. There is also the fact that I don’t trust men. What I mean is that unless I have a reason to trust ie We wear the same uniform, I have had the opportunity to observe your behavior for a stretch, a person I trust vouches for you. Then you are a potential enemy. The simple fact is that 98% of the humans who have physically attacked me are male.

I don’t believe the average man I meet wants to fight. I’m not saying that. I’ve had the pleasure of knowing many good men that are honorable and reliable. What I’m saying is if you randomly put a man and woman side by side and tell me to pick the one who would be most likely to attack me. I would pick the male and almost always be right. So I’m not inclined to fully relax around most men which makes counseling me hard.

So now, I’ll have two or more visits with my female therapist to see if we are a good fit.

There’s more I wanted to touch base on but I can’t think of it. That’s been an issue the last few months as well. I wish you all well.

Cheers,

Darian

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.