The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die - Cover

The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die

Copyright© 2018 by Darian Wolfe

Chapter 39: I Was Dropped On My Head

March 3d, 2019

Hello Everyone,

Last Saturday, I was dropped head first on concrete. I was attending a meeting of one of the groups my wife and I do charity work with. The meeting was being held in one of the members shops. He had an inversion chair that he was letting people try. I have wanted to use one since the 1980’s. In I went, over I went and headfirst into the concrete I slammed. My shoes were not on tight enough and my momentum pulled me out of them.

I thought I had broken my neck. My arms caught none of my weight and I come in at about 275. I was able to get up. I had someone check my spine and make sure everything was aligned and nothing was mushy. I checked my skull to make sure the plates were not overlapped and nothing was mushy. I had someone look to see if I needed stitches. Nope just a bleeding bruise. I have like a three inch scab along the top of my head. I stayed awake for two hours to make sure of no concussion then took a Naproxen to make sure I wouldn’t tighten up like a board during the night and other than a little soreness that I still have. That was that.

It was a dissonant experience though. People were concerned for me which I’m glad of. The part that confused me was they were acting like this was some sort of major painful injury. I didn’t say anything but I was thinking “Haven’t any of you felt real pain before?”. It hurt. I would prefer not to do it again on general principles. I was concerned with actual structural damage I may have suffered. The pain on the scale I use was maybe a 4 or 5 out of 20. It will get your attention and as long as it’s brief so what. Now, if it was a continuous pain we would move that puppy right on up to an 8. But it was a brief flash, so who cares as long as all I get from it is a bruise and some soreness.

What really pissed me off is when I washed the blood out of my hair the next day I lost a whole lock of hair. At my age every single strand is precious. So to lose an entire lock is just disgusting.

In other new, I published my news piece of fiction. I hope y’all liked it. The Oak is the only thing I guarantee to update. It is my intention to do more writing and based on previous habits it’s fair to say that it will probably be a follow up to “Learning Together”. Time will tell. I go so my neurologist on the 13th and we’ll be switching up my meds to try to make me sweat again and next week I am doing some job training so my scheduled is jacked. Probable end result is me being jacked. So if you start reading posts where I’m extolling my new best friend George the empty sewing spool you’ll know I’m back in La-la land for a little while. That’s ok, a little madness is the spice of life, especially since my wife won’t let me play with co-eds.

Cheers,

Darian

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.