The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die - Cover

The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die

Copyright© 2018 by Darian Wolfe

Chapter 34: T'was A Nice Honey Moon

Jan. 11th, 2019

That was a nice break. I’m still doing ton’s better than before. The headaches and Aphasia are back though. To be honest, the headaches aren’t bad at all mostly a little visit to Uncle Fester’s vice. The Aphasia is coming more often and is becoming problematic. I’m thinking it may be due to the temperature changes. I’m starting to think I’m made out of ice cream. It’s like 70 in the house and I’m in short sleeve’s with a fan blowing on me from less than two feet away and I’m still hot. I’d turn my room ac on but my wife would kill me because it’s in the low 40’s outside. Unless it’s below 30 or raining I don’t dress for outside. I dress for the inside of where I’m going. So I wear shorts and short sleeves a lot.

If I think there is a remote chance of getting stuck somewhere, I dress and pack appropriately. I even have a “Oh Shit” Kit that have a change of clothing, basic med, several meals and means to prepare them, basic toiletries, water and weapon. All in an Army Backpack.

Who needs all that crap, Darian? I carried it for two years, rotated supplies faithfully and nothing happened. One day, a blizzard dumped about two feet of snow in four hours and I was trapped away from home. I had food, clothes, a way to generate heat if I needed it. So I needed it. Find your self stuck and you’ll need it too. Cell phones don’t always work. A simple first aid class can help you save the life of your child or loved one. A kit can save a life or prevent unnecessary discomfort.

A lot of it can be put together frugally over a little bit of time. You can Youtube a lot of info. I would recommend having backups in your kit. I have three ways of starting fire. ( Bic lighter, waterproof matches, rod and striker) I also recommend good quality blades I have two there and I carry Baby Girl with me if think I might get stuck. She’s a K-Bar I’ve had since 1992. She spent two years under water and cleaned up quite well. I trust her more than I do most people. Anyhow, off my soapbox I get.

As I mentioned before, I’m back to writing. I’ve about got the initial outline fleshed out and I’m working on story flow as I’m knocking out scenes screen play style. I’ll then convert it to story form, pretty it up, and smooth it out. I know it seems weird the way I’m doing it but it helps me conserve CPU cycles so to speak. At this point in the game, it’s still important.

I went and got my head measured for a pot this week. They had to find the right one to shrink my head in. They start the shrinking next week. I was nervous for like two days before. My best friend asked me if I was going to fuck with them or play it straight. I told him it would depend on how serious they seemed to get about keeping me. He laughed.

Well, If I’m going to play with them there’s no sense in wasting each other’s time. So I want to play it straight and at the same time leave at the end of my appointment. Lol Kinda paranoid aren’t you? Well, let’s see. My mother told me when I was six let’s go to such and such amusement park. I wondered why we were taking my suitcase. I ended up in the hospital getting surgery, Never saw no amusement park. Another time she said let’s take a ride and I ended up living in the hood. A few years later, some friends said. “If you brace yourself there you can see better.” I got framed for felony Breaking and Entering. So, Yes. I am paranoid because human beings are treacherous motherfuckers. Thank you very much, lol. And don’t even get me started on what my favorite nurse at the hospital I stayed at when I was six did to me, that hussy.

Cheers,

Darian

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.