The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die - Cover

The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die

Copyright© 2018 by Darian Wolfe

Chapter 30: Reflections

Dec. 22, 2018

I meant to write this yesterday but life disagreed. Instead, I got to see my grandchildren for awhile. I have little to share but that little is a lot. My mind is becoming quiet. I’ve caught myself working on plot points for stories without realizing I was doing it.

I do phone work and had to get off the phone yesterday because I started bawling my eyes out. A Hebrew song had started running through my mind and I was able to sing it. Passages and verses came in and out of focus. Not a deluge, just a trickle, but I’m starting to remember. I’m crying as I write this. I was never fluent in any language but knew bits and pieces of about six. I was working on learning Icelandic when I became ill. I can’t describe the happiness I felt to get something back.

In my reflections the last few days I noticed something about myself. I like/liked being the center of my families attention. I hadn’t noticed. When I looked I saw it and admitted it to myself. I felt lighter admitting it to myself. It’s ok to want attention. Now, I have to find better ways to get their attention. Lol. I guess growing up never ends.

Today, I was as relaxed as I have been for months. I want to say my pain level was dare I say it. Zero. I worked all day almost entirely symptom free. I completed three whole workdays this week. Which is awesome considering my record the last few months.

After Christmas, I going to have a psych evaluation done. I’m trying to decide how honest I want to be with this person. Think about it.

Do you think about hurting yourself?

In what context?

What do you mean?

Are you asking me: do I have rash impulses to hurt myself or if I have decided under what circumstances death is preferable to life?

If I’m not careful I might earn a vacation I won’t appreciate. I was talking to my sister during one of my darker moods and upset her. I told her I was wondering if I could twist the shrinks mind. She wasn’t happy with me at all. She told me “Ok baby, you need to go there to get help”. Then I felt bad. It is never on my agenda to hurt her. If she wants the moon to be made of Blue Cheese then I’m damn well going to find a way to make it turn that way.

She did her level best to take care of me growing up even though she’s just a couple of years older than me. I can look back and see what she did for me so anything she wants she gets if I can manage it.

This will be my last post before Christmas. I wish you and your a Merry Christmas!

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.