The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die
Chapter 22: Some Ride A Moped

Copyright© 2018 by Darian Wolfe

Nov. 20th, 2018

In the movie “A Dark Song” there’s a scene where the woman and the wizard are chatting about their dreams. The wizard says he keeps dreaming about riding a moped. The night before last I had a dream. I pondered all day yesterday whether or not it was relevant and worth sharing. Part of me says yes and part of me says no. I even did three separate Rune divinations to try to understand better. Divination can be useful at times. This wasn’t one of them. Go read some Jung if you’re curious about the psych behind it or you you just take your paganism without the sugar coating on it if it suits you.

My people have always allowed for things such as dreams while realizing that most dreams don’t mean much of anything. It’s just the mind cleaning house so to speak. Other dreams are your mind speaking to you about issues in your life with information you either hadn’t noticed or don’t want to hear. Then there’s spiritual dreams where the dead or other beings come to speak to you. Being I was raised around women, I heard about what bible verses to put under your pillow and what prayers to pray to bring certain dreams or to talk to the dead. These were baptist women for the most part. Most folks would call them hedge or kitchen witches.

So, in this dream I was standing among medium gray billowing clouds. Floating vertically directly in front of me was a carpenter pencil thin, dark stone? wedge shape rod. It was maybe two and a half feet long along the edge facing me was ting black etching.

A voice from the upper left quadrant of the clouds spoke. As the voice spoke I exhaled a bright green cloud of gas/ energy? The cloud moved downward. It was like I was giving something back. I dropped down some in relation to the rod like the marking of the passing of time on a clock. The movement of a hand. All this occurred while the voice spoke.

The voice said: “Thank you for [I didn’t hear]. You have to go soon.”

The voice was calm, and that of a superior being. I did not feel in any way scared or intimidated. I felt calm, accepted and matter of fact about the whole thing.

I woke up. I was at peace. Right then, I took it as I’ll be dying soon. Not today, not necessarily in the next eight months. It’s ok. In a sense that I don’t know how to convey I felt like I was already there. It’s not a giving up. I don’t feel the desperate need to run to my tree to avoid a home. I’d still seriously prefer to avoid a home, but I’ve already been told I’m going it doesn’t matter what bus stop I leave from, my destination, if there is one, is the same.

Then the other part of my brain kicked in and said I’ll remind your dumbass you said that when we’re 80. That’s the thing about life you never know. I might be here five years from now or might be killed going to pick up my meds here in a bit. What I can do is focus on right now.

Oh, the wizard dreaming about riding the moped. He died before the end of the ritual.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.