The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die - Cover

The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die

Copyright© 2018 by Darian Wolfe

Chapter 20: What A Day!

Nov. 16th 2018

So today, I wake up mute. I was also still experiencing a light to mild cognitive fog. I started crying because it had been over 36 hours since this particular episode had started. I haven’t experienced one this long since my initial illness in August 2017. I was afraid something had shifted in my brain and this was now permanent. It’s now 12 hours later and while I’m not mute I’m still having cognitive and speech issues. The few brief periods I’ve not I’ve had a nice migraine headache.

Calling my neurologist wouldn’t do any good because they absolutely refuse to see me until Nov. 28th which is my next regular appointment. I called into work for the second day in a row. My wife and I decided to go to the Social Security office since I suddenly had a free day. We had a nice three hour wait. We were then told we had to schedule an appointment to do anything of any consequence. The lady’s computer is down. So she will mail us an appointment time.

By this time, I could manage to talk in my disabled child voice and she was willing to answer a few specific questions about my particular situation. Unfortunately, I suffered information overload and couldn’t understand the answers and got really confused and had a slight meltdown. I couldn’t tell the difference between how much I’m allowed to earn while I’m filing and how much I’ll receive if I’m allowed to receive disability. She had to write it down for me and my wife.

After we left we went to eat. I had a really good portabello burger with pickles and cheesy fries(they sucked). My wife wanted to go thrift storing where I got a new (for me) wooden cane that I’m going to pimp out. I have a metal one. It’s nice enough, but I like wood. I just hope it can hold my fat ass up. Then we came home.

I’m sorry for the style but I’m tired.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.