The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die
Chapter 12: Test Day

Copyright© 2018 by Darian Wolfe

Oct 24th, 2018

Today was the EEG test. I went to bed at 11:30 and got up at 4:00 a.m. The test required me to be tired. As I was trying to stay awake I surfed the net. I watched some porn. Guaranteed to keep the heart rate up lol as I wasn’t allowed to have caffeine. I’m old not dead. What was it Bocephus sang? “I like the sweet young thing with old Grand dad.” It’s fun to think about anyway. I spent some time looking at videos about living in nursing homes. I hate surprises. It went from hell hole to pretty nice according to what you can afford. Whelp there’s my answer. I really hope the docs come up with a workable plan or at least give me a direction to go in. I’ll find my own damn answer. I have to know where to start.

I spent time praying to Wotan or Odin if you prefer. I don’t believe he literally exists, but when your back is against the wall you do what you got to do. One thing I love about the myth cycle and sagas of my people is that nobody including the Gods and Goddess’s are special. Life is hard and one way or another everybody gets fucked. Odin has many names and aspects. He is called by some the All Father and the Head of the Gods. I relate to him best in his aspect as wanderer and seeker of wisdom. He discovered the fate of the Universe from the Volva and then spent the rest of his existence doing everything in his power to soften the blow whether rape, murder or kindness to a child everything was focused on that goal. He knew that in the end he would still die in the mouth of Fenris Wolf. He didn’t fight Fate He embraced it and use it to his best advantage. I hope to do so with mine. I’m still trying to grow the gonads.

The test itself was ok. At one point there was this flashing light and I about came unglued. It wasn’t too bright I just reacted to it. It pissed me off/ scared me and I wanted to get away from it. I guess it’s purpose was to stimulate brain wave activity. It worked. At another point I realized that even though I was 3 quarters asleep I was making vocal noises and my arm jerked. I seemed really pissed. My wife said other than my arm jerking I never moved.The lady doing the test was real nice.

We won’t get the results for about a week but I thought I’d give an update. When we left the EEG lady gave me a bag of grapes! Score!

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.