The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die - Cover

The Falling Oak - Learning How to Die

Copyright© 2018 by Darian Wolfe

Chapter 5: Seizure Aftermath

Sept .19th. 2018

I had to call in sick today because the seizure triggered a moderate/severe Aphasia phase where I could only speak 2 or three words at a time. The phase lasted about 22 hours which is extremely long for me. Unfortunately, my wife was with me during the transition back to verbal which was very hard. She almost called off work even though we were in her job’s parking lot when it happened. The screaming through gritted teeth didn’t help, I guess. It HURT.

Going to the hospital wouldn’t have helped. Transitions only last about ten minutes or so, the main part any way. The whole cycle takes about I don’t know an hour hour and a half from start to finish. My normal day off is tomorrow and we’re hoping that I can go back on Thursday. As my thinking is still a bit whack we’ll see. I’m afraid stress will make me have another and I don’t want to ever do that again. It sucked. So I might be unemployed.

That’s the thing about chronic illness. You never know just when it’s going to fuck you. Kinda of like an abusive spouse I guess. One moment they kiss you and the next they punch you in the mouth almost in the same breath. It’ll fuck you in ways you never imagined because skills and abilities and body tolerances are all interrelated.

Don’t believe me? Here’s one I bet never crossed your mind. I don’t sweat. So I can’t do anything that raises my body temperature very fast. That includes going outside for more than two or three minutes if it’s say 87 degrees and the sun is out. Or drinking a hot drink if it’s say 82 in the room I’m in. It’s it’s 74 degrees I can stay outside for maybe seven or eight minutes. Ever try to fuck without getting hot? How about take a hot shower? Cook a nice meal in a kitchen. I have to take special precautions when I cook on the stove in my own house to prevent going into heat exhaustion. I have troubles like these because I can’t sweat.

My entire life revolves around issues like this. People with other Chronic illnesses have their own challenges. What is easy peasy to a healthy person can be hell on an ill one. The thing is you can’t tell a person is sick by looking at them. Anyhow, So a seizure cost me 2 days pay and a headache. Yay me.

Cheers,

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.