A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 9 - Kami - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 9 - Kami

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 43: Drat!

March 17, 1996, Apple Orchard Bed-and-Breakfast near Montpelier, Vermont

“Hi,” I grinned, looking down into Katy’s eyes.

“Hi,” Katy laughed, giving me a soft kiss. “But don’t you say ‘hello’ BEFORE you’re deeply embedded in a warm, willing girl?”

“Usually.”

“Usually?”

“Well, not quite THAT, but I have had sex with someone before I even kissed them.”

“What?!” Katy asked, wiggling her hips and squeezing her muscles, encouraging me to move.

“In fact, there was one girl who was no longer a virgin BEFORE she had her first ever kiss from anyone!” I said, sliding slowly in and out of Katy’s warm folds.

“You are too much!”

“In fact, we didn’t kiss for the first time until after we finished. And as I said, she’d never kissed anyone before.”

Katy bucked her hips slightly, then hissed, “Talk later!”

I smiled, kissed her, and we began the ancient dance which led us to the precipice from which we willingly flung ourselves, into a free-fall of intense pleasure. Sweaty and sated, I pulled Katy to me to cuddle.

“You know, I should have asked first, but just once?”

“You’re kidding, right?” Katy laughed. “Amy and Birgit will be gone for three hours shopping for fresh vegetables, bread, and other stuff we need for the kitchen. I intend to take FULL advantage of those three hours!”

“Just tell me what you need,” I said.

“You play me like a violin,” she sighed. “Just whatever you want to do. Anything.”

I chuckled, “You know better than to say that, Katy O’Connor!”

She moved on top of me, splaying her legs on either side of me and looked me in the eyes, “Ask. I’ll say yes. Because I WANT to say yes, not because I feel obligated.”

I smiled, “That’s not us, Katy. It never was.”

“Think we could make this an annual event?” she asked quietly.

“I think that’s up to you and Amy, first and foremost. And things could change for me, too. You know my philosophy in that regard.”

“That nobody can commit to sex irrevocably. I suppose all I can do is ask when you visit next year.”

“Yes. And maybe you won’t. Maybe things will change with you and Amy.”

“You think she might regret allowing this?”

“No, but relationships change. Maybe you’ll be in a place where she feels uneasy for some reason. Maybe as Davey gets older, you’ll reconsider.”

“I was thinking when he gets older, we have an exchange program. We send him to Birgit and you come to me!”

“Nice try,” I said in a serious tone of voice.

We both broke up laughing.

“OK, maybe not,” she said, still laughing. “How about WE send Davey to you and you send Birgit to us!”

“We’d be happy to have him as soon as the airlines will let him fly as an unaccompanied minor, which is usually at age five. Birgit is a pro at this point, and so is Matthew. He flies down to see Jason and Abbie every year for a NASCAR race in North Carolina.”

“Your kids are amazing, Steve. You let them act like real people and it shows. We have teenagers stay here who aren’t as mature as Birgit.”

I lifted my head up a bit to kiss her, “Ready?”

“Yes!” she hissed.

This time, Katy rode me gently, and we worked together to make it last as long as possible. When we reached the crescendo, Katy collapsed on top of me and I hugged her tightly, crushing her breasts between us, her nipples trying to bore holes in my chest.

“You have no idea how much I love you,” Katy whispered in my ear.

“We’ve always loved each other, Katy. We just couldn’t offer each other what we needed in a relationship. Sex isn’t enough.”

“Oh, I know,” Katy sighed. “That’s why I wouldn’t make love with you for the longest time. I instinctively knew how good it would be, and that scared me. I think that worried you today, at least a bit.”

“It did. But after talking with Amy, and then talking with you, I was sure your relationship with Amy was strong and could handle this.”

“Which you did because you love me.”

“Yes. Amy’s struggle over what to do was interesting.”

Katy smiled, “We talked about it beforehand, and despite extreme curiosity, she decided it was better to not be naked in bed with you. I know you can handle hearing this because of Jennifer, but thinking about a guy in a sexual context really gives Amy the willies.”

“As it would me thinking of a guy in similar circumstances.”

“Still never had the male-male-female threesome?”

“Nope, and probably for the same reason Amy decided to not even be in the room.”

“She considered making love to me first, with you here, but then she decided that was too private.”

“Something I totally understand. Not everyone is Kara!”

Katy laughed softly, “NOBODY is Kara! Well, except maybe your daughter! I do so love how you raise your kids. For Birgit, the fact that Amy and I kiss and stuff is just routine, if you know what I mean. She doesn’t even think twice about it.”

“All the kids are like that,” I said. “Jesse’s had a bit of a struggle at school because of a few close-minded idiots, but it hasn’t caused him to question having two moms. He’s asked Jennifer and Josie some very uncomfortable questions, but they’re the ones you would expect.”

“I suspect Davey will have those as well.”

“And what will you tell him?”

“Amy and I have talked about that and it usually ends up in a fit of giggles.”

“Jennifer and Josie said something similar. Of course, Jesse being Jesse, he was asking when he was three or four. But the most hilarious one was when Doctor Gina mentioned having a leaky pad and about lost it when Jesse simply said ‘Oh, a period. I know about those’. All my kids do, at an appropriate level for their age.”

“I’ve noticed Birgit has moved on from saying kissing to ‘having sex’.”

“It’s a normal progression for the kids. Pretty much only Ashley calls it ‘kissing’ now. Jesse is ten and Birgit is going to be eight!”

“That’s unreal. Are you going to let her bring a boyfriend with her when she comes to visit?”

“I think we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it!” I chuckled.

Katy snuggled close, “You’re a good dad. And a wonderful friend.”

“Thanks.”

“I was right, by the way. I mean, about how good it would be.”

“You don’t have to butter me up!” I chuckled. “I’ll make love to you again before our time is up!”

Katy and I made love once again, then took a shower where we lovingly washed each other’s bodies. We dried off, dressed, and were downstairs in the great room about fifteen minutes before Amy and Birgit returned from the shopping trip. Tom, Kurt, and I helped carry in all the groceries, and Amy and Birgit put everything away. When we finished Katy came into the kitchen and Birgit went to find her moms.

“Thank you,” Katy said, giving Amy a strong hug and a soft kiss.

“Everything went OK?” Amy asked with a smile.

“Perfect!” Katy said.

“Thanks, Amy,” I said. “You made Katy very happy.”

“And you?” she asked with an arched eyebrow.

“Duh!” Katy laughed. “He may be Steve Adams, but he’s still a guy!”

Amy laughed with me, then surprised me with a light hug and a quick peck. She winked, then left Katy and I standing in the kitchen.

“She’s now kissed a guy twice in her life! Both times it was you!”

“Yes, but those kisses were very much like the ones my Russian friends and I share. It had nothing to do with sex or sexuality. She’s a wonderful woman and I’m very happy the two of you found each other. I just wish it hadn’t been so painful getting from there to here.”

“What’s the silly saying? ‘No pain, no gain’?”

“Or, perhaps better, something you work hard and suffer for has far more meaning that something which you come by easily.”

“You’ve gone through a lot of pain, too, Steve.”

I nodded, “I have. And so have my wives. But we’re FINALLY at a point where I can say we’re truly a trio and truly in love.”

“It’s interesting to see the change in dynamic with Kara taking her rightful place.”

“It’s interesting that you put it that way because SHE never saw it like that.”

“She couldn’t because of what you two call your ‘Year in the Wilderness’ and because it appeared you and Bethany were destined for the altar.”

“The chances of either Bethany or I getting anywhere NEAR an altar were zero! It would have been a non-religious ceremony for sure.”

“You know what I meant, Smart Ass! It’s a euphemism! You know, like ‘kissing’ or ‘sleeping together’ because sleeping isn’t the MAIN activity!”

“True. Shall we go join the rest of the gang?”

“Yes, but I’d like the best, deepest, most loving kiss you can give first.”

I pulled her into my arms and we exchanged a very soft, very loving, very sexy French kiss.

“Damn,” she breathed. “And I have to wait until next year!”

“Or perhaps Amy might do in a pinch?” I teased.

“And that, ladies and gentlemen,” Katy said with a twinkle in her eye, “is why we refer to Mr. Steve Adams as «jävla idiot»!”

We hugged and left the kitchen to join everyone else.

March 18, 1996, Apple Orchard Bed-and-Breakfast near Montpelier, Vermont

When we woke on Monday morning, I risked the wrath of my eldest daughter and stayed in bed with my wives. We’d have to return to the hustle and bustle of the real world later in the day, and I wanted to soak up every minute of peaceful relaxation possible.

“Katy seemed very happy and Amy seemed to be OK,” Kara said, snuggling close to me.

“Tiger knows how to make a girl VERY happy!” Jessica sighed dreamily, also snuggling close.

“Yes, by doing what I’m doing right now!”

“Which is why I started calling you ‘Snuggle Bear’!”

“That was the Summer after I graduated, and you told me you couldn’t say what you really wanted to say!”

“There were lots of words I didn’t use back then!” Kara said with a laugh. “I think our daughter said ‘fuck’ at an age where I’d never even HEARD that word!”

“Given the church you went to? I’m not really surprised. Though how did you miss it in public school?”

“I didn’t, but your daughter used it correctly at age six!”

“True. Kent van der Meer, and men like him, are a menace to society.”

“I never told you about what happened when a girl from church OD’d on sleeping pills, did I?”

“I don’t think so. When did that happen?”

“It was when I was a Freshman, so 1978. Nobody knows the true story as far as I’m aware, though there were all kinds of rumors. The most believable one was that she got pregnant and you know how my church dealt with THAT.”

“I do. And Sandy seems to have turned out OK in the long run, fortunately.”

“She’s happily married and going to a much more loving church, so I’d say they have. Anyway, at first Pastor Kent refused to do a funeral for a suicide, but the elders convinced him to do it. And he used it the same way he did my dad’s funeral. It was a terrible thing, and he blamed her friends and society and said some really hurtful things.”

“Why am I not surprised,” I sighed. “Was this girl a friend of yours?”

“I knew her, but she was a year older and went to Turpin, so I didn’t see her except at youth group. And she mostly hung out with a couple of older girls. My dad didn’t approve of me being around college girls, which won’t surprise you.”

“Your dad didn’t approve of much of anything,” Jessica said.

“Oh, he did. Church; prayer; marriage at seventeen or eighteen with my first ever kiss being at the altar. I decided having Snuggle Bear fuck me silly before I turned seventeen was a MUCH better option. And I was right!”

“Funny, that’s not how I remember our first night together,” I teased.

“But after that?”

“Well, yeah,” I admitted with a grin. “Katy asked if we could do this once a year.”

“Talk about ‘not news’,” Jessica laughed. “She told us she was probably going to do that. Just as it was ‘not news’ that she’d had her STD test.”

“And you’re OK with her request?”

“You and Katy? Of course! Of all the girls you could be with, I can’t think of one you’d rather be with and who will never, ever get the wrong idea.”

“Which could present a problem if we bring Maria Cristina here with us,” I said.

“I think this weekend should be ours, with our friends,” Kara said. “And I’m not having second thoughts, but this really is time to spend with the Quinns and Jaegers, who are our closest friends.”

“That makes sense,” Jessica added. “We can take her to Iron Mountain, if she wants to come, though I think we’re going to need to find a bigger place.”

“I already started looking,” Kara said. “I found adjoining townhomes with three bedrooms each and sleeper sofas. That will work, and Elyse can bring Eduardo if she wants. I know we’re not going this year because of Disney, but I wanted to make sure I had a place to reserve for next year. The building actually has four townhomes, and if we wanted to, the kids could even bring boyfriends or girlfriends, or eventually spouses.”

“Offer, Kara, don’t demand,” I said. “The kids need to make their own way just as we did with all of our parents.”

“Somehow I think our kids will want to be with us; don’t you?”

“I do, but it has to be their choice, not ours.”

“Speaking of the kids’ girlfriends, when are Tanya and Dmitri coming to visit?” Jessica asked.

“Sometime in late Summer. Jesse wanted to go visit at Spring Break but the timing didn’t work out.”

There was a knock at the door and I called out for whoever it was to come in.

“You missed cuddle time!” Birgit said accusingly.

“Good morning to you, Pumpkin!” I chuckled.

“Katy says you should get your asses out of bed and come down to breakfast!” Birgit declared.

Kara, Jessica, and I all laughed.

“Go back downstairs, sweetie,” Kara said. “We’ll be down in a minute.”

Birgit closed the door as my wives and I disentangled and got out of bed.

“She’s a real piece of work, that one!” I laughed.

“She’s our daughter,” Kara smirked. “Would you expect anything different?”

“Nope!”

March 19, 1996, Chicago, Illinois

The call I’d been expecting came on Tuesday morning, and on Tuesday afternoon I drove down to Hyde Park to the union office. The new union President, Mr. Alston, greeted me, but quickly left Theo and me alone in the conference room.

“You need to let the investigation die,” he said without any preliminaries.

“What’s going on, Theo?”

“We didn’t do it. Well, I mean nobody I know gave that order. But those two are on our payroll, which I’m sure you’ve figured out. We can’t afford to lose them now, with everything else going on.”

“So ask them who paid them?”

“They aren’t part of my crew. I was simply given the message to tell you to let it drop.”

“Then put a stop to it! Or tell me who I have to talk to, so THEY can put a stop to it.”

“Things don’t work the way they used to,” Theo said. “With all the captains except me under indictment or in prison, and most of the leadership there as well, I’m sure you can understand the difficulty.”

“I can, but that doesn’t change the fact that two Outfit-connected police recruits broke into my building. Twice. And another Outfit-connected guy has been snooping around.”

“Who?”

“Peter Scuderi.”

“He’s an independent contractor,” Theo protested. “He works for whoever is paying him, which isn’t us. And he’s not a snoop.”

I nodded, “I know that. And yet, I’ve seen him outside my office. He was freelancing for Little Tony, but Don Anthony and I came to a meeting of the minds.”

“Another gun to his woman’s head?” Theo smirked.

“You heard about that,” I grinned.

“People talk. More than they should, obviously.”

“No gun to his head, but I had muscle with me. And she would have had no qualms about sending both Anthony and Connie to very early retirement.”

“Female muscle? You are absolutely not Italian, Kid!”

I shrugged, “She’s the best shot I know who isn’t in the Navy or a LEO. Look, I don’t care how, make it stop. If it happens again, I will burn those two guys, publicly.”

“Don’t threaten me, kid!” Theo said fiercely.

“It’s a two-way street,” I said. “You’ve asked for my help, now I’m asking for yours. I’m sure you’ll ask a favor I can do in the future. As for leadership, I’m pretty sure Johnny Bananas is running things. He managed to get his racketeering conviction overturned and once Mr. Marcello was indicted, I bet he’s the one who took over.”

“Sometimes I think you know too much for your own good.”

“Just what I read in the papers,” I said carefully. “Come on, Theo; if I’d turned into a stool pigeon, we’d be having this conversation through Plexiglass or I’d be dead. I know there is some leadership in place, even if it’s a bit chaotic. If it’s not Mr. DiFronzo, then ask Mr. LaPietra.”

“I’ll pass the word up the line,” he replied grudgingly.

“Theo, may I say something direct?”

“When have you not, Kid?” he said, smiling ruefully.

“You have more problems with guys like Lenny Patrick than you’ve ever had with me. It appears I understand «omertà» better than some of your folks.”

“That fucking guy,” Theo growled. “He was with the kike gambling rackets, then the Greeks. That North Side gang has NEVER understood. Bugs Moran was a frog, and his organization used micks and kikes and those guys have no honor. We didn’t get ‘em all at Dickens and Clark, which is too bad.”

He was referring to the Saint Valentine’s Day Massacre, when Capone’s South Side gang had tried to wipe out the leadership of the North Side gang, missing Moran only because Moran got lucky.

“Yeah, but you have to admit that Gusenberg, the German, DID understand «omertà»! He was still alive, with fourteen bullets in him, when the real cops arrived. And his response to questioning? ‘Nobody shot me’. Now THAT is a guy who understood.”

“I wonder what it would have been like to live back then,” Theo mused. “I was born in ‘38, so obviously I missed the heyday.”

“The problem would have been staying alive during the gang wars. Those are mostly a thing of the past. Anyway, do we have a deal?”

“I’ll see what I can do.”

“Thanks.”

We shook hands and after making notes about my meeting for the NIKA records, I headed back to the office.

March 23, 1996, San Diego, California

“Here’s a quote I want you to consider,” I said just before the seminar broke for lunch. “It represents the kind of thinking I’m starting to see, and I’d like to discuss it when we return. The quote is ‘People and things should always turn out the way I want them to and if they don’t, it’s awful, terrible, and horrible, and that’s not fair.’.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.