A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 10 - Bridget - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 10 - Bridget

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 64: Husband and Wife and Wife

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 64: Husband and Wife and Wife - Steve's interior life has been in turmoil for months as NIKA has grown too large to be managed as a small business, and he's once again trying to balance his own impulses around what's best for him against what's best for those he loves most. While took a European Birgit coming to America to set Steve's story in motion, it'll be an American Bridget in Europe that helps him finally achieve «Lagom» and bring it to a close… at least until his eldest son and daughter hit puberty.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Mult   Workplace   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Slow  

March 21, 1997, London, England

Albert and I landed at Heathrow early on Friday morning after a largely uneventful flight. Liesel had upgraded both our coach seats to business class based on the business we did with her agency and American Airlines, and that had allowed Albert to get a very good nap on the flight, as well as have room to move around without having to be out in the aisle. I’d managed to keep him entertained during times he was awake, and several of the business class passengers commented on his good behavior. We cleared passport control, and then customs, which took a bit of time, then walked into the arrivals hall, where a gorgeous Italian woman was waiting to meet us.

“Hi, Elena!” I exclaimed as we exchanged a quick hug, and kisses on both cheeks.

She released me then squatted down, “Hello, Albert! Do you remember me?”

“Dad’s friend, Elena!” he exclaimed. “You were at our house.”

“Yes! I hear you’re visiting a friend.”

“Yes! Jane! Her dad is marrying Amanda. She used to be our nanny. But he’s like Dad, so he’s marrying Karen, Jane’s mom, too!”

Elena laughed, “Nobody is like your dad!”

She stood up, picked up her bag, and the three of us headed for the Tube, where I purchased tickets for all three of us. We boarded the Piccadilly Line train, which left the station a couple of minutes later, and made its way away from Heathrow, and towards King’s Cross.

“I’m glad you could make it to the wedding,” I said.

“It was either that or not see you this trip because of my Sunday night meeting.”

“How is Beppe?” I asked.

“He’s spending the weekend with an Australian college student!”

“And the Swedish au pair?”

“Never changed her mind about him being too old! And now that our son is eight and in school all day, we don’t have an au pair.”

“We don’t have a nanny,” Albert said. “We have Winter. She cooks and cleans and helps with homework.”

“You have a domestic?” Elena asked.

“Yes,” I replied. “The kids don’t really need a nanny at this point, and they’re in school all day just like your son. Our ‘baby’, Ashley, is in kindergarten.”

“What year are you in, Albert?” Elena asked.

“Second grade. I like school.”

“Very good. Do you know what you want to be when you grow up?”

“I want to be an officer in the United States Navy!”

“I’m sure you’ll be a good one, and be very handsome in your uniform! I’ve met some very nice sailors in Italy!”

Her comment reminded me of a wonderful, awful idea I’d had when I’d first given Elena Ginny’s phone number so she could contact them. I hadn’t done that, because no matter how funny it might have turned out to be, Ginny would not have been amused by anything Elena did to tease Karl.

“You know, when I put you in touch with Karl and his wife, I had thought about having you tease Karl.”

“Ginny would have lost her mind!”

“True,” I grinned.

“Perhaps they would like to spend some time at our villa. Though I should probably warn him about how Beppe and I live our lives!”

“Two red flags with black squares?” I asked.

“You think I blow?” she smirked.

“I know it!”

Albert grinned, which made me strongly suspect he knew exactly what I was teasing Elena about.

“We’ll see,” she replied, her eyes twinkling. “But seriously, I’ll call to make the offer.”

“I’m sure they’ll appreciate it.”

We arrived at King’s Cross and managed to find our way to the Great Northern and Great Eastern Railway, bought our tickets, and a short time later, boarded a dark blue electric train carriage with a red stripe. Albert and I took two seats together on one side, with him by the window, and Elena took the seat directly across the aisle.

March 21, 1997, Leeds, England

When we arrived at Wakefield Westgate in Wakefield, we gathered our things and got off the train. I looked around and saw a very distinguished gentleman who bore a resemblance to a barber surgeon of my acquaintance. I walked over to him.

“Sir Bernard?” I asked.

“Why, yes! And you must be Steve Adams, refugee from our former colonies!”

“The American Revolution was, according to an English friend of mine, about British subjects fighting for traditional British rights against a German king and his German mercenaries!”

Sir Bernard laughed, “Quite! And if you use ‘Sir’ with me again, I shall be forced to demonstrate my surgery skills right here on the train platform!”

“Sorry,” I chuckled. “I know it’s not Doctor, so Mister Todd?”

“Let’s stick to ‘Bernard’, shall we?”

“Of course, Sir Bernard!”

He laughed and shook his head, “Jon told me you’re a Smart Aleck! Would you introduce the lovely young lady and this handsome young man, please?”

“The ‘handsome young man’ is my son, Albert Stephen. The ‘lovely lady’ is a family friend, Elena Altieri, from Italy.”

“A pleasure to meet both of you! I’m instructed by my son to deliver you and the lady to Monk Fryston Hall, where you have reservations for tonight and tomorrow, and where the wedding will be held. Young Master Albert will accompany me to the house where a young woman eagerly awaits his arrival.”

“Jane!” Albert exclaimed gleefully. “Let’s go!”

All three adults laughed, and we followed Bernard to his Mercedes for the drive to the hotel. Albert was once again fidgeting, impatient to get to see Jane now that she was so close. When we arrived at the hotel, Bernard walked us inside to ensure everything was in order with our reservations, and finding they were, Elena and I registered.

“Albert, you behave and listen to Sir Bernard,” I said, tweaking the elder Todd once again. “He’s a surgeon like Jon.”

“So we call him ‘Mister’ like Jon, not ‘Doctor’ like my grandpa?”

“Correct. But you call him what he says you should, please.”

“Do as I say, not as I do, Steve?” Bernard asked with a stern look.

“Something like that!” I chuckled.

I hugged Albert, shook hands with Bernard, and then Elena gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. He smiled and winked, and then took Albert’s hand and headed for the entrance. Elena and I were shown to our room, which had a huge four-poster bed. The bellman showed us the amenities of the room which included a large bathtub, I tipped him generously, and he left the room.

“What shall we do?” Elena asked with an inviting smile?

“Well, unless you like your men unwashed, I think a shower or bath would be a good idea. And then something to eat.”

“Go on, have your shower!”

I opened my bags and laid out clean clothes, then grabbed my bathroom kit and went to take a shower. Fifteen minutes later, freshly washed, neatly dressed, and feeling MUCH better, I walked out of the bathroom. Elena came up, hugged me, and we shared a soft French kiss.

“Much better,” she said. “Shall we eat?”

“The dining room awaits. According to Jon, they have an excellent chef here.”

“You still have your dietary restrictions, correct?”

“And more stringent than before. I’m also testing my blood sugar regularly, which is why it took a bit longer to clear Her Majesty’s Customs this morning. I wasn’t sure about the rules for my glucose testing device, so I wanted to make sure I wouldn’t get into any trouble. There wasn’t an issue, of course, but I had to wait to speak to the Customs agent.”

“Perhaps you need some new doctors if they can’t figure it out.”

“I’m already seeing an expert at Mayo Clinic, and she’s in touch with doctors at Johns Hopkins, Stanford, University of Chicago, and some teaching hospitals and medical schools in Europe. And the issue that has me testing my blood sugar is related to being mildly bipolar, not physical health. I think I explained before that my blood sugar is naturally low, and that my body’s regulation of hormones is messed up, and that’s exacerbated by eating carbohydrates.”

“No heart troubles or anything like that?”

“No, just mental.”

“Like all men!” Elena teased.

I laughed and shook my head, then took her hand and escorted her out of the room, downstairs, and to the very well-appointed dining room. We were seated, and after a brief discussion, he went to get our drinks while we reviewed the menu.

“Sorry about not being able to have wine,” I replied. “I promised Doctor Barton I’d be very careful while traveling.”

“To have a meal without wine, or to make love without champagne, is simply not living life!”

I chuckled, “I know, but in this case, I think it’s in my best interest to listen to my father-in-law.”

“I suppose that’s true.”

The waiter brought our drinks and took our order, though I asked for minor modifications to the meal, substituting mixed vegetables for the rice, and asking for the croutons to be left off the house salad. The service was good and timely, the food excellent, and the meal quite satisfying. We had tea afterwards, passing on dessert, and then headed back up to the room.

“I apologize for the lack of champagne,” I said as we walked into the room.

“I suppose you’ll just have to satisfy me in other ways!”

“I’ll try my best!”

March 22, 1997, Leeds, England

“A bath, then breakfast?” I asked Elena when we woke up on Saturday morning.

“I wouldn’t mind staying in bed a bit longer. After all, our travel time to the wedding this afternoon is limited to going downstairs and walking outside.”

“Quite true!”

“And you cuddle quite divinely as well! There is something to be said for tempering machismo just a bit.”

“There are a few young women back home who would agree with you!”

“Your daughters?” Elena asked.

“Yes, though my wives certainly don’t object!”

“I still find it amusing that your friend Jon is following so closely in your footsteps!”

“Jealous? Perhaps you need two husbands!”

“I’ll suggest that to Beppe and see what he says!”

We stayed in bed for about an hour, before taking a nice, warm bubble bath, and then had a late breakfast. When we finished eating, we strolled about the grounds, then returned to the hotel to find Bernard and Elizabeth, with Albert, Jane, and Mark in tow.

“Good morning, Albert!” I said.

“Hi, Dad!”

“And hello to you, too, Jane and Mark! And pleased to make your acquaintance, Elizabeth!”

“And yours, Steve. Please do call me Meg. I must say that Albert is a fine young gentleman, and it was very enjoyable to have him with us last night!”

“Too bad you don’t know him the way I do!”

Albert simply crossed his arms and did a perfect impression of Jesse at his smuggest. I laughed and shook my head.

“When will Jon, Amanda, and Karen arrive?”

“About twenty minutes prior to the ceremony, so in about an hour,” Bernard said. “We thought the children should get some fresh air and burn off a bit of energy.”

“A good idea,” I said. “Shall we walk the grounds?”

Everyone agreed, so we headed back outside for a leisurely stroll. Bernard and I exchanged work and family history while Elena and Elizabeth talked children and family. Albert and Jane chattered away, holding hands the entire time, with Mark included in their conversation. As we walked we saw other guests arriving, and eventually, Jon, Amanda, and Karen arrived. We hurried to greet them, and after introductions, handshakes and hugs were shared all around.

“I intend to keep her,” Jon said as I hugged Amanda.

“I do believe that’s what ‘married’ means!” I replied. “It’s good to see you again!”

“And you, as well! And I see Albert and Jane have found each other.”

“He was climbing the walls, almost literally, starting Thursday morning before school.”

“And you brought your date, of course.”

“Of course,” I grinned.

“I think we need to speak with the Registrar and the hotel manager, so if you’ll excuse us.”

“Absolutely. Let me know if there’s anything you need me to do.”

“Just your presence is all that’s necessary.”

The soon-to-be trio left, and we decided to head to the main ballroom where the wedding was to be held, and found our seats. About fifteen minutes later, Jon, Amanda, and Karen entered the room, along with several people I didn’t recognize.

“That’s the Registrar, who will perform the ceremony, and John, a very good friend of Jon and Karen,” Bernard advised quietly.

Jon and John went to stand at the front of the room, facing the Registrar who was on the other side of the table. They spoke quietly and I couldn’t make out what they were saying. Their conversation was interrupted by the door being opened, and a hotel employee signaling that the brides were ready. The door was pulled wide open to reveal Amanda and Karen, dressed nearly identically, and looking as beautiful as any pair of women I’d seen, reserving, of course, my own wives. They were accompanied by two impeccably-dressed middle-age gentlemen, and to the strains of Handel’s Arrival of the Queen of Sheba the four made their way towards the table where Jon was waiting.

They were joined in their procession by Jon’s sister, and one of Amanda’s friends from Chicago, who I hadn’t expected to see, and who had stepped in front of the two brides to lead them forward. At the front, they handed off bouquets to the brides, then each of them gave Jon a kiss on the cheek, though to everyone’s delight, Alison, Jon’s sister, had kissed John on the cheek first.

The wedding ceremony was, in function, and in form, not unlike that of my own trio’s marriage, though not quite as elaborate.

“I now have to ask if there is anyone here who knows of any impediment in law why they may not marry?” the Registrar declared.

The silence was broken by Jane yelling, “NO!” which caused everyone to laugh.

The Registrar continued, asking Jon and Amanda to read their vows, which they did. When they finished, the Registrar continued the ceremony, and after agreeing to be husband and wife, he presented some kind of ledger book for the witnesses to sign. When they had signed, he himself signed the book. A form was prepared by the Registrar’s assistant, and handed to Karen.

“Ladies and gentlemen,” he said to the gathered family and friends, “may I introduce you to Mr. and Mrs. Jon and Amanda Todd.” Then in a quieter voice, “And Mrs. Karen Todd.”

Jon said something I couldn’t quite make out, but the Registrar nodded and smiled, and then he and his assistant collected their things, and once they’d left, the kids went forward to hug Jon and Amanda.

“Friends and family,” Jon announced, “I know you’re all in a hurry to congratulate us, or at least get at the free food and booze, but there’s a little more to the ceremony first.”

The room quieted once again.

“You’re all well aware of our personal circumstances, and today is not about Amanda and me, it’s about Amanda, Karen, and me, so if you can stand to sit here for a little while longer, we have another ceremony to perform.”

Jon held his hands out to the two brides, who happily took them.

“As you’re all aware, Amanda came back with us from America as our nanny, but also as our lover. Today not just Amanda and I are being married, all three of us are, to each other. I understand that some of you may have different feelings about that, in which case, there are snacks and drinks in the next room, which you are welcome to while we go through the rest of what we planned, for those of you who wish to stay, please take your seats, even for this, we have one or two legal niceties to go through before the three of us declare ourselves married.”

I was pleased to see that nobody left.

Jon stepped back to the table and lifted a pile of documents.

“Firstly, Karen and Amanda are going to sign these two documents,” he held up two single sheets of paper, “which are deed polls, in which they legally change their name to Todd.”

Karen and Amanda signed.

“Ladies and gentlemen,” he continued, “may I introduce you to Mrs. Amanda and Mrs. Karen Todd.”

Everyone applauded and there were even a few cheers.

“Next,” he continued, “we have a contract, between the three of us, declaring that all our property is jointly held, that we regard ourselves as, and will act as, married, and making arrangements for our children in the event of any one or more of us being unable to fulfill our obligations, and thirdly, we have each made wills. Could our three fathers join us please?”

The three fathers joined them and witnessed the signing of the documents. I’d met Amanda’s father only once, and he hadn’t been overly concerned with my family arrangement, so it didn’t surprise me that he had a smile on his face.

“You have already heard Jon and Amanda exchange vows,” Karen continued the announcement, “now Jon and I will make our vow to each other, then Amanda and I will do the same, and finally we will all make a promise to our children, born and unborn, to love them, cherish them and keep them from harm.”

Once that ceremony was complete, Jon took the floor again.

“Friends, family, we have one last thing, a song for you,” Jon announced, then smiled, “don’t look so worried, we’re not doing the singing!”

Everyone laughed, and soon the wonderful voice of Frank Sinatra wafted from the speakers mounted on the walls.

Out of the tree of life I just picked me a plum You came along and everything’s startin’ to hum Still, it’s a real good bet, the best is yet to come.

While the song played, the guests filed into the next room for snacks and champagne.

“I’m going to cheat just a bit,” I said quietly to Elena. “Just a sip.”

She nodded, “What do the doctors know?”

I chuckled, “I ask myself that question every single day!”

Once the newly married trio joined us, and each had a glass in their hand, John stood on a dais at the end of the room.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.